PDA

View Full Version : Is Marvin in your fav 5?

icehole3
05-28-2008, 07:18 PM
All Time Bengals coaches?

I'd put him in there

1. Paul Brown (took chicken sheat and made chicken salad out of an expansion team)
2. Sam Wyche (best Bengals offense)
3. Forrest Gregg (thought he built the toughest Bengal defense)
4. Marvin - well he did bring us back from the 90 dulldrums and deserves credit for that
5. Tiger Johnson (inherited a good Paul Brown team and in 2 years we were regressing)

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Happy/HappyWave.gif

JayBruce4HOF
05-28-2008, 07:48 PM
:lol:

Yeah just look at our playoff and overall record under Marvin. Awesome.

BTW: Making an all-time best Bengals head coaches list might be the funniest thing ever.

Screwball
05-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I'd put him in there. He turned around THE laughing stock of the NFL into a legitimate football club. Yeah they've unerperformed the last couple of years and they've still got holes which has caused a lot of the fanbase to waver in their support, but IMO he still deserves a hell of a lot of respect for what he was able to accomplish here that nobody else could in nearly 2 decades.

I like your list and thread idea, icehole. Not sure why someone felt the need to mock it.

JayBruce4HOF
05-28-2008, 11:59 PM
come on lighten up... this list would go perfectly with the five greatest devil ray managers of all time. ;)

redsrule2500
05-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I don't know enough about NFL coaches, so yeah.

He took the team I have never seen win, and made them win, so I'll support that! He also seems a heck of a lot smarter than Cleveland's Romeo "State the obvious" Crennel!

"Our guys just need to get the points on the board, make sure to keep the other team out of the endzone....and we'll do fine. They are good guys, got a lot of talent, but we're just not getting the job done."
Oh really, Crennel? Thanks for that amazing update! ;)

WVRed
05-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I'd put him in there. He turned around THE laughing stock of the NFL into a legitimate football club. Yeah they've unerperformed the last couple of years and they've still got holes which has caused a lot of the fanbase to waver in their support, but IMO he still deserves a hell of a lot of respect for what he was able to accomplish here that nobody else could in nearly 2 decades.

I like your list and thread idea, icehole. Not sure why someone felt the need to mock it.

Only thing is, there really IMO is only two to three coaches of even being mentioned in a positive manner. Paul Brown, Sam Wyche, and Marvin Lewis.

Only problem is, I'm not sure if Lewis really belongs to be mentioned in the same breath as Paul Brown and Sam Wyche yet. Time will tell.

Yachtzee
05-30-2008, 04:40 PM
This topic made me think of a cell phone commercial. Now I have visions in my head of Marvin summoning the new Defensive Coordinator by standing next to a '70s conversion van and calling out "WIZARD!"

Hoosier Red
05-31-2008, 03:10 PM
One coach in Bengals history has a winning record. Lets not laugh too hard at Marvins W-L record just yet.

CrackerJack
06-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Pretty sad when a guy with one winning season in his Bengals' career is already a "top 5" all-time head coach, if not a top 3.

Yeech.