PDA

View Full Version : Chemistry

ChatterRed
05-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Is it overrated? I don't think so. Even before Bruce came up, I've seen that these guys really like eachother. I think Bruce has definitely added a youthful enjoyment of the game that had spread a little bit to the other guys.

I think they might have something.

By the way, nice play by EE. Nice recovery by Ross in the second inning.

Maldez
05-28-2008, 11:04 PM
This is a really fun team to watch now. There's an atmosphere of youthful exuberance that Jay Bruce just took to the limit.

Sending Corey Patterson to the minors was addition by subtraction. Hope he stays there.

I sense this Reds team is morphing into something really excellent.

tommycash
05-28-2008, 11:40 PM
If chemistry doesn't matter, then someone explain the 1990 Reds to me. That team was all about chemistry. I agree (even though it has only been two games) that this team looks totally more relaxed and ready to win.

killuminati35
05-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Bruce definitely seems to have given this team a shot in the arm. This happens a lot when teams bring up a young kid with a lot of potential. The key will be sustaining the momentum. If Arroyo keeps throwing like he has, it might be possible...

goreds2
05-29-2008, 12:51 AM
If Arroyo keeps throwing like he has, it might be possible...
It all nice and GREAT if Bruce does good but as we all know...pitching wins.......

ChatterRed
05-29-2008, 08:02 AM
And the starting pitching has been pretty good for the most part and definitely of late. Harang has pitched well enough to have a winning record. So has Volquez and he does. Arroyo last 4 outings have been stellar. Cueto seems to be getting better.

The hitting is what let this team down early in the year.

UPRedsFan
05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
They still have a shot. I'm optimistic when I compare our starting pitching to the rest of the division.

I wonder if the Cubs pitching can hold them up. They do have a good pen but after Z and Dempster it's mediocre (and can Dempster really maintain this pace all season?) Would you rather have Arroyo and Cueto as your 3 and 4 or Lilly and Marquis? I'll take our guys.

The Cards have Wainwright and Wellemeyer putting together solid seasons but after that it's Kyle and Looper? Again, advantage Reds.

Oswalt will recover, but the Astros are counting on Backe and Shacon and not much in the tank beyond those two. Wandy struggled trying to return from injury last night.

Arroyo seems to be through his rough patch and Cueto shows signs every night. I have to think he'll continue to learn and get better as the season goes on. His peripherals look pretty good. Much better than the 5+ ERA.
Belisle will either figure it out or be replaced by Maloney or Homer (if he continues to improve from his last start in AAA). And don't rule out Thompson later if he has a good showing in Louisville. So I expect we'll see much better pitching from the 5 spot in the second half.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 12:47 PM
If chemistry doesn't matter, then someone explain the 1990 Reds to me. That team was all about chemistry. I agree (even though it has only been two games) that this team looks totally more relaxed and ready to win.

That team had Chris Sabo, and you don't mess with the Goggles... WIRE to WIRE Baby!