PDA

View Full Version : Belisle to the pen??

UGADaddy
05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
For anyone watching the game earlier tonight, did you notice that Matt Belisle was warming up in the bullpen in the eighth or ninth? I'm not sure, is that normal for a pitcher to be getting work in that late in a game three days after his last start? Or is this a possible sign that he's headed to the pen and that our other no-doubter prospect is set to make the trip north?

redhawk61
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I saw that to and was about to post it. Very strange to be getting your work in in the 8th inning

captainmorgan07
05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
That is very strange to be getting his work in during a game. Hopefully for our sakes belisle gets the move to the bullpen. Call up Maloney.

redssouth
05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
If I had to guess, I would say that was a normal bullpen session, but was told to hold off in case of emergency. If Bronson would have had a rough outing, maybe Matt B would have been used due to his short outing last time out.

BEETTLEBUG
05-29-2008, 07:09 AM
I saw that also I wondered what was up with that guess it could of been his throw day.

ChatterRed
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
I saw that and also wondered............blah, blah, blah. :D

smoke6
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Since Dusty shuffled the rotation it is likely that Matty B was getting getting in some work. All these moves are getting your hopes up. :D

redhawk61
05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
but seriously this man does not deserve another ML start ever, he just isn't good enough. I also don't see what everyone talks about, about him having stuff. He has the "stuff" to be a 4-5 maybe but the confidence and composure to be a fry cook at Wendy's

smoke6
05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
but seriously this man does not deserve another ML start ever, he just isn't good enough. I also don't see what everyone talks about, about him having stuff. He has the "stuff" to be a 4-5 maybe but the confidence and composure to be a fry cook at Wendy's

I don't think his stuff is that good either. Decent velocity, yes. Hit spots, usually. I think a lot of the time his pitches are just too good.

Nasty_Boy
05-29-2008, 11:41 AM
It probably doesn't mean anything, but Gonzo was moved to the 60 day DL which opens up a spot on the 40 man. That could lead to either Maloney or Thompson being promoted.

UGADaddy
05-29-2008, 12:03 PM
It probably doesn't mean anything, but Gonzo was moved to the 60 day DL which opens up a spot on the 40 man. That could lead to either Maloney or Thompson being promoted.

That's interesting, but I really doubt that Thompson would be elevated to the bigs a few days after being put in AAA. I would like to see him develop a little more. I'd really like to see Maloney or BAILEY brought up. It's time to give up on Belisle as a major league starter.

HeatherC1212
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM

IIRC, that spot was opened up for Andy Phillips promotion to the big club this week.

TheBigLebowski
05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't think his throwing in the 8th last night means anything but I do strongly feel that a move for the pen or AAA for Matty B is in the offing. We're making some good moves now, playing good baseball and demonstrating that we can be competitive this year with the right guys in place.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM

You are correct sir...

Walt needs to either make a deal for a Major League Pitcher or they need to run Homer out there... I don't mind seeing Cueto struggle every now and then because I know it is acctually going somewhere... That would be how I feel when Homer goes out there...

Belisle is just not going anywhere... Now if he were in the bullpen. I think he would be far more effective...

Nasty_Boy
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
IIRC, that spot was opened up for Andy Phillips promotion to the big club this week.

Oh, well Phillips and Thompson are both on the 40 man. I guess Thompson could have taken Tom Shearn's spot. I know that Patterson isn't listed on the 40 man any more, so was that an option move or a DFA with Patterson accepting the assignment. Who knows, but with Thompson on the 40 man I don't think seeing him late in the year would be a suprise.

Orodle
05-29-2008, 03:40 PM
It actually isnt that crazy that he would be getting his work done in the pen. I see it every now and then.

_Sir_Charles_
05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Nope...to Louisville. Fay just announced it. Merker up. Fogg takes Matt's start.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Josh Fogg may just become a Cy Young canditate.... Wait that was a Dream...

BLEEDS
05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
How about Louisville?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

_Sir_Charles_
05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Actually, it's both. According to C. Trent. He'll be in the pen in Louisville. IMO that's the best of both worlds. I always thought Matt would be a valuable long man from the pen. He just seems miscast as a starter.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Actually, it's both. According to C. Trent. He'll be in the pen in Louisville. IMO that's the best of both worlds. I always thought Matt would be a valuable long man from the pen. He just seems miscast as a starter.

He fits in well with a Dusty Team... Corey Patterson was midcast as a Starting Centerfielder and Lead Off Hitter for 2 months...

scounts22
05-29-2008, 07:52 PM
You've got to be kidding me, this is NOT an improvement. I'll take a billion starts from Belisle before Fogg any day. I'm going to be at all three games this weekend. At least I'll get to see Volquez and Cueto. Yikes.

BLEEDS
05-30-2008, 12:27 PM
How about to the LOUISVILLE Pen?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Hondo
05-31-2008, 04:15 AM
This team makes no Sense, then makes a lot of sense, (sending down Patterson), then makes no sense... (giving Fogg another Start)...

I also read in the Enquirer that Dudepick said that Fogg's start isn't a "One time Deal"

Oh, the Lunacy!

scounts22
05-31-2008, 11:01 AM
This team makes no Sense, then makes a lot of sense, (sending down Patterson), then makes no sense... (giving Fogg another Start)...

I also read in the Enquirer that Dudepick said that Fogg's start isn't a "One time Deal"

Oh, the Lunacy!

Great. I'm going to the game today and am not excited about Fogg starting. I'm glad we saw a great game last night because I have a feeling it's not gonna be so great today. :scared: