PDA

View Full Version : Tell us how you really feel, Jose Guillen.

OesterPoster
05-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Ol' Jose hasn't changed much since netting us Aaron Harang in one of the best trades ever made.

May 29: Jose Guillen, the Royals' walking time bomb, blew up with a profanity-laced tirade after the team's losing streak reached 10 games Wednesday night. "We've got too many (bleeping) babies here who don't know how to play the (bleeping) game," Guillen said. "This (bleep) is going to stop soon. You believe it. You'll find out how we're going to learn to win games."

Nasty_Boy
05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
This what many people on Redszone think a "leader" should be... They've been calling for Dunn and Jr to get into people's faces.

Slyder
05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I miss that Jose Guillen. He shows one thing many on here have said we lacked and thats emotion. His bat could be useful right now for us, where he had his best season.

But I love having Harang for top of the rotation for many years more.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Great Trade. It is funny how Jose was making like 4.5 Million the year before and then Dayton Moore goes and gives him 36 Million over 3 years... Wow...

Not for a 25 Homer - 90 RBI guy...

But that team probably needed him to go off like that, 10 L in a Row????

Nuxhall41
05-29-2008, 01:34 PM
The triple-crown-esque season he was having for the Reds in 2003 was one of the best Reds seasons in recent memory. He was on fire.(He had a gun too.) I completely understood at the time why he threw bats in the dugout when he wasn't in the lineup. I too thought it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen to sit a player who was that hot.

Handofdeath
05-29-2008, 04:03 PM
The Royals are young and they do still need to learn how to win but up until May 18 they were 21-22 and 2 games out of 1st. They have just hit a monstrous slump is all which is too bad because the worst part about the Royals is even at their best they are no offensive juggernaut. On May 18 they had already been outscored by 20 runs. But thank God Jose Guillen is there to get things straightened out. By all means let the $11 million a season player the Royals brought in to provide power speak his piece. Let him inspire and lead the Royals to success with his words because his bat sure isn't doing the job. Players who have had exactly 1 playoff appearance in their career and who currently have a line of .246/.275/.427 for the season should keep their mouths shut.

OesterPoster
05-29-2008, 04:25 PM
The Royals are young and they do still need to learn how to win but up until May 18 they were 21-22 and 2 games out of 1st. They have just hit a monstrous slump is all which is too bad because the worst part about the Royals is even at their best they are no offensive juggernaut. On May 18 they had already been outscored by 20 runs. But thank God Jose Guillen is there to get things straightened out. By all means let the $11 million a season player the Royals brought in to provide power speak his piece. Let him inspire and lead the Royals to success with his words because his bat sure isn't doing the job. Players who have had exactly 1 playoff appearance in their career and who currently have a line of .246/.275/.427 for the season should keep their mouths shut.

Not to mention, a player with his name all over the Mitchell Report. I don't think I'd want my young players following after him anyway.

There's a reason he has played for so many teams over the past 5 years.

dougflynn23
05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
My question to Jose Guillen would be why in the hell a player with his level of impatience and anger issues would sign with a team like Kansas City? Perhaps they were the only team who wanted him, but it seems to be a very bad fit.

Handofdeath
05-31-2008, 12:20 AM
My question to Jose Guillen would be why in the hell a player with his level of impatience and anger issues would sign with a team like Kansas City? Perhaps they were the only team who wanted him, but it seems to be a very bad fit.

Kansas City needed, and still need, power. They tried to sign Andruw Jones and didn't get him thank God. Guillen was the only one on the FA market who had close to the kind of power the Royals needed. It was desperation on the Royals part because of a weak FA market and they agreed to an absolute stupid contract, although not as stupid as the one Andruw Jones signed. The Royals probably offered him the most money but I know they were not the only ones interested in him. At the end of the day if the Royals want the power they need so badly, Zack Greinke or Joakim Soria will have to be traded.

Hondo
05-31-2008, 01:07 AM

No one else was going to pay him 12 Million a year for 3 years...

Absurd signing, but they did need a Hitter, but with his name in the Mitchell reports, and his Power way down, makes me wonder about him.

Oh, and the Royals did offer Andruw Jone more money, but Jones wanted to be on a contender, and stay in the NL. Still wish the Royals had signed Jones instead of Guillen, IMO.

Handofdeath
05-31-2008, 10:53 AM
No one else was going to pay him 12 Million a year for 3 years...

Absurd signing, but they did need a Hitter, but with his name in the Mitchell reports, and his Power way down, makes me wonder about him.

Oh, and the Royals did offer Andruw Jone more money, but Jones wanted to be on a contender, and stay in the NL. Still wish the Royals had signed Jones instead of Guillen, IMO.

I actually was hoping for Jones as well but his weight is up and his numbers are continuing to go down so it was good that they didn't sign him.