PDA

View Full Version : Jr. needs to man up and asked to be moved down the lineup!

44Magnum
05-29-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't know how a player (unless he is monumentally selfish or in complete clinical denial) could keep batting 3rd the way Jr. is and not be embarrassed.

If he is a team player, he will volunteer / demand to be moved down or out of the lineup. His "sweet-swing" ain't coming back to '96 form. It's not gonna happen.

This has moved beyond a baseball thing and into the common courtesy/decency realm.

Fon Duc Tow
05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
How badly did KGJ want to move from CF to RF?

Thats how badly he wants to move down in the lineup.

44Magnum
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
And therein lies the problem!

smoke6
05-29-2008, 10:52 AM
It won't happen. KGJ still veiws himself as a 3 holer. Dusty said that KGJ still bats 3rd out of respect. Jr. is hitting the ball well. He's just not going deep.

Caveman Techie
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Last time I checked it was the managers job to fill out the lineup. Maybe we should petition to have this thread changed to "Dusty should man up to his mistake and move JR. down in the Lineup!"

smoke6
05-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Last time I checked it was the managers job to fill out the lineup. Maybe we should petition to have this thread changed to "Dusty should man up to his mistake and move JR. down in the Lineup!"

I think that is more like it.

Ahhhorsepoo
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
sorry but junior is hitting the ball hard.. just not always outta the park.. last night he had two line drive singles snared by good plays by both sanchez and laroche.. he is striking out less and at least getting contact.. just right now he is in a slump and dunn is hitting better than he ever has.. dunn will cool down.. and jr will heat back up.. its only a matter of time..

levydl
05-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Dunn's doing what he always does.

Griffey hit hard line drives right into the shift. That's why they play that shift, because that's the only place he'll hit the ball. He could hit the ball hard all day, but if it's to one side of the infield that has 3 defenders there, he's not going to do much.

UK Reds Fan
05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
sorry but junior is hitting the ball hard.. just not always outta the park.. last night he had two line drive singles snared by good plays by both sanchez and laroche.. he is striking out less and at least getting contact.. just right now he is in a slump and dunn is hitting better than he ever has.. dunn will cool down.. and jr will heat back up.. its only a matter of time..

If they are playing 3/4 of the team to the right side of the ball park....it doesn't matter if Griffy is hitting it hard or not. He either needs to knock it out of hit against the shift.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I think as long as Jay Bruce stays in the 2 hole, Griffey will be fine in the 3rd slot. He was batting over .300 like the past 3 weeks so hopefully he will find his Power Stroke, and all the Griffey haters can go hang with the Dunn haters that used to be sounding off... Are they still here? I think so? :p:

UK Reds Fan
05-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I think as long as Jay Bruce stays in the 2 hole, Griffey will be fine in the 3rd slot. He was batting over .300 like the past 3 weeks so hopefully he will find his Power Stroke, and all the Griffey haters can go hang with the Dunn haters that used to be sounding off... Are they still here? I think so? :p:

Griffey is OPSing 12 out of 15 players in NL at the #3 hole in lineup with 100 or more at bats. There is no reason, other than pampered star treatment, to continue to have that big of a difficiency in the middle of the lineup when you have better options at #5 and #7.

James B.
05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
This can't be serious. You can't expect a player to go and demand to move down in the order. I don't care if he is hasn't had a hit all year. That is Dusty's job not Griffey.

So far this year we have bashed almost every player on the team at one point in the season, on this forum.

E.E., Phillips, Dunn is some examples and they all three got hot. I believe at some point Griffey will get hot. As was already pointed out, Griffey is hitting the ball hard and the hits will come soon.

HeatherC1212
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Or Junior could just not be in the lineup at all tonight....here it is per C.Trent's blog and look who's batting third!! :lol:

Ryan Freel c
Jerry Hairston Jr. ss
Jay Bruce rf
Brandon Phillips 2b
Adam Dunn lf
Andy Phillips 3b
Joey Votto 1b
David Ross c
Aaron Harang p

durl
05-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Based upon the way people treat players on this thread, I sure hope none work in the investment field.

DannyB
05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Or Junior could just not be in the lineup at all tonight....here it is per C.Trent's blog and look who's batting third!! :lol:

Ryan Freel c
Jerry Hairston Jr. ss
Jay Bruce rf
Brandon Phillips 2b
Adam Dunn lf
Andy Phillips 3b
Joey Votto 1b
David Ross c
Aaron Harang p

:thumbdown
Sorry I like yesterdays lineup better.

Hondo
05-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Lets see, Junior sitting? HMMM... I guess maybe he needs a day off...

I just don't know about this... The Reds have a couple darn good offensive games and Dudepick changes the lineup... If it ain't broke, don't fix it... Must not apply to Dusty Baker...

Caveman Techie
05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah, but they were also facing a left-hander which for the Reds means "no offense" so he sat some of the lefty bats. I don't have a problem with that.

BLEEDS
05-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, but they were also facing a left-hander which for the Reds means "no offense" so he sat some of the lefty bats. I don't have a problem with that.

But he's back in there against Glavine. Though Glavine - when he was on and with the Braves the first time anyways - is usually tougher on righties since he likes to paint that outside corner/off the plate.

Griff and Dunn and Votto against Glavine - hmmmm....

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Griffey012
05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
you know, lets stack the lineup with lefties against a lefty, Dunn Bruce and Votto should be in. But Bako should definitely sit, and well Griffey just isnt gonna sit 2 days in a row. Oh well with the strike zone Glavine is getting we are gonna have to wait on the bullpen.

Kingspoint
05-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Yaz batted 3rd until the day he retired. There's about 50 players in the history of baseball who get to dictate where they bat their whole career and Junior, unfortunately, is one of them. Which is the reason why he is the one who has to come to Baker to get it done.

Hondo
05-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Look, after Griffey launchs 599 & 600...

I think everyone here is going to be happy because I suspect that there is a Bunch of pressure on him, therefore... Once 600 dings... Griffey will go on a tear, and hopefully give us a 30 HR 100 RBI season...

Go Junior!

jmac
05-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Obviously we know Bruse wont hit 500 but the kid can hit.
That is for sure !
It will be interesting to see how they start treating the Bruce/Jr back to back thing.
Example, Hairston on second with 2 outs in 9th and tie game.
Do you pitch to Bruce or walk him intentionally and pitch to JR ?
If the BB begins to happen, then Jr might not oppose a slight drop in lineup without actually saying go ahead and do it to Dusty.

Trackman20
05-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Encouraging day from Griffey so far. Other than the obvious (HR) Griffey has been hitting the ball pretty solid the last few games. He needs to get a few things to go his way and he will be back on track.

This group with a contributing Griffey is big time.

Trackman20
05-31-2008, 06:23 PM
......then there was David Weathers.

They should be traded for a bag of balls or some bats.

jmac
05-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Didnt hear first of game so why was reds wearing the sunday uni's ?

Jason_1968
05-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Junior also needs to bunt when he comes up with no one on and the shift on. Every time.

JayBruce4HOF
05-31-2008, 11:41 PM
It isn't Junior's job to make out the line-up card. That's the manager's job.