PDA

View Full Version : From Sundeck about Dunn's family emergency.

acredsfan
05-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Hat tip to Homer Bailey:

I have a friend who works for the Reds, and he told me this in a text message.

"The donkey's son just had a massive seizure. Really scary."

Take it for what it's worth, but he would have no reason to lie to me.Scary stuff... My thoughts are with him and his family..

EDIT: I forgot to add in the update that his son is breathing again and will be OK.

Update:

"He started breathing on the way to the hospital. He'll be ok. Adam was a wreck."

Ravenlord
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
scary. hope the little guy's fine.

OnBaseMachine
05-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Very sad to hear that...thankfully his son seems to be doing better now.

Wheelhouse
05-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I pray he's OK. My friend's daughter has them--just has to keep up with the meds and you can have a normal life. A Grand Mal seizure is really scary to watch--they can last five minutes, foaming at the mouth, etc. Very traumatic to watch a child who has it.

acredsfan
05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
I have had a seizure, luckily it has been almost 5 years without another one. From what I was told, sometimes children have one and never have another again. Sometimes they are just a childhood thing, and sometimes they are life long. Hopefully this is a one time occurance. The medicine for these things can be really harsh if you are on them too long. Of course it's a matter of which is worse...

WVPacman
05-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Wow I feel bad for the kid and Adam b/c I know exactly what they are going threw.I have had seizure's all my life b/c I have cerabral paulsy and believe me those things are not fun.Im doing great now and hav'nt had one in along time but anyways I hope the kid gets well soon.

medford
05-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Adam's son is pretty young, isn't he??? I ask this, b/c my nephew had them when he was young on 2 occasions, as well as a friends son. It is something that sometimes happens in younger children as they're developing, but they grow out of them by the time they reach school age and never show signs of them again.

Hopefully for Adam's sake, this is the case w/ his son. He'll "grow" out of it, and never have to worry about it again.

KronoRed
05-30-2008, 01:00 AM
I believe his son is around 2 years old.

Prayers everything is ok.

TeamBoone
05-30-2008, 01:12 AM
He's a year and a half. He was born on Adam's birthday, Nov 11, but in 2006.

*BaseClogger*
05-30-2008, 01:19 AM
I hope the little guy is okay... :)

Ron Madden
05-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Let's all keep the Dunn Family in our thoughts and prayers.

RedsManRick
05-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Very scary. With kids that young, a seizure can be any number of things. It could do no harm or it could be life altering. (personal/family experience on both accounts) Time will tell. Prayers to the Dunns.

Mario-Rijo
05-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Boy I really hate to hear about a child suffering in any way, much less something as rough as a seizure. Good luck little fella hope things get better for ya. I can't imagine how terrified Adam and his wife must have been, wow.

redsfan4445
05-30-2008, 04:20 AM
That is VERY scary to hear and my thoughts and prayers go out to Adam and his little boy.. My son had a huge seizure while he was with his mom in Iowa 2 years ago (he was 5 at the time).. He almost died.. I do not know how i drove straight thru without Gods help getting me there..it was soo hard not crying and trying to drive.. But I made it there.. My son has to take seziure meds and he has not had another one since.. I pray my son never does again.. Dont worry Adam.. just worry about your son.. Baseball is secondary if his condition changes..Worry about him and I am sure people will have a heart and understand

rotnoid
05-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Very scary. With kids that young, a seizure can be any number of things. It could do no harm or it could be life altering. (personal/family experience on both accounts) Time will tell. Prayers to the Dunns.

My 4 year old had one out of the blue a few months ago. The docs ran some tests and decided it was due to a fever. So far no more.

Like everyone else, I'm praying for the Dunns.

Matt700wlw
05-30-2008, 09:05 AM
All the best to Adam and his family

37red
05-30-2008, 09:18 AM
I've had grand mal seizures for 25 years, I think it's worse for my family than it is for me. A few times I've been seriously hurt and ended up in the burn unit. The EXTREMELY expensive drugs haven't helped with my type.

But for most people they can control them with meds and watching for signs of upcoming seizures. The type he had could have been a feveral seizure which isn't that uncommon for babies and young children. He could never have another one, let's hope.

Blitz Dorsey
05-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Good to hear that the 'Lil Donkey is doing OK.

acredsfan
05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Homer Bailey just posted another update, he was kind enough to PM me and alert me to it:

Update:

Just spoke to my friend. Little Dunner is now fine. He is out of the hospital. It was especially scary that they did not know that the had a condition. I told him that RedZone was prayin for Dunner and the family.