PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or....

Highlifeman21
05-30-2008, 10:55 PM
if Adam Jones played for any team but Baltimore, he'd be in AAA, where he belongs.

When you have no other legitimate CF options, I guess you play the "highly touted prospect" you received for trading your southpaw ace?

*BaseClogger*
05-30-2008, 11:33 PM
:confused:

He has proven all he can in his 800 AAA AB's...

Deepred05
05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Sounds like Fantasy Baseball Blues:D

jojo
05-31-2008, 07:24 AM
No offense but anyone who starts a 22 yo CFer not named Junior or Bruce on their fantasy team probably drinks generic lite beer from cans too..... :D

In all seriousness, here's what Pecota thinks he'll end up doing for the year: .274/.334/.470. That's one of the more optimistic projections for his '08 (really only Pecota and James projected him to SLG in the high .400's) but its still within reach for him.

Sea Ray
05-31-2008, 08:46 AM
I've been disappointed in what I see from Adam Jones this year. He seems to have a hard time making contact. He is very athletic but he looks like a RH version of another highly touted Seattle product, Jose Cruz Jr.

There were 100s if not 1000s of posts on ORG about Bedard. Two questions to throw out there.

1) Why would Baltimore insist on Jay Bruce from us yet settle for Adam Jones from Sea as the centerpiece of the trade

2) To those of you who advocated meeting Baltimore's demand: Would you be in favor of offering Bruce as the centerpiece of a deal to acquire Bedard from Seattle today? I'm sure Bavasi would take our call...

jojo
05-31-2008, 08:55 AM
There were 100s if not 1000s of posts on ORG about Bedard. Two questions to throw out there.

Why throw them out there AGAIN since it's been discussed ad naseum in the previous threads?

In any event, Adam Jones was just part of the trade (they also got a closer who they're paying a smidge above league minimum and several prospects too), after only 184 at bats its not possible to draw conclusions about Jones' season let alone career or the wisdom of the Os targeting him, and looking at his offensive numbers ignores a significant portion of his value that is currently paying off in spades-his leather.

There really isn't any way the Reds could've beat the Ms offer and have the trade still be justifiable for the Reds.

Highlifeman21
05-31-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't have Jones on my fantasy team. The thought's never crossed my mind, and I think he's available for pick up in every league I'm in.

For whatever reason, I've tried to keep track of Jones, b/c he intrigues me as a prospect. He's very athletic, and he seems to be average, to slightly-above-average defensively, but at the plate he looks absolutely lost. I'm just wondering if his development would be better served @ AAA for Baltimore, rather than at the MLB for Baltimore.

He played in 489 career minor league games since age 17, and put up a respectable .830 OPS as a CF, but maybe I just had higher hopes for the kid. He had an excellent 2007 for Tacoma, but so far it hasn't translated to any success at the MLB level.

What would you do with him? Keep him up, or put him down?

Sea Ray
05-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Why throw them out there AGAIN since it's been discussed ad naseum in the previous threads?

In any event, Adam Jones was just part of the trade (they also got a closer who they're paying a smidge above league minimum and several prospects too), after only 184 at bats its not possible to draw conclusions about Jones' season let alone career or the wisdom of the Os targeting him, and looking at his offensive numbers ignores a significant portion of his value that is currently paying off in spades-his leather.

There really isn't any way the Reds could've beat the Ms offer and have the trade still be justifiable for the Reds.

Why throw it out there again? Because hindsight is 20/20. Hindsight often settles these disputes. I bet a lot of people hadn't seen Bruce play as of February. We have more evidence at the table now.

I can't believe you said we couldn't have matched Seattle's offer. I couldn't disagree more. This winter we had the likes of Josh Hamilton, Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, Homer Bailey just to name a few. I would argue Hamilton and Cueto alone would trump what Seattle offered.

I do agree with one thing you said. It is too early to draw conclusions. No conclusions can be made but there's still plenty to discuss.

jojo
05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Why throw it out there again? Because hindsight is 20/20. Hindsight often settles these disputes.

yet....

It is too early to draw conclusions.

Just sayin....

I can't believe you said we couldn't have matched Seattle's offer.

I didn't say that. I said this: