PDA

View Full Version : Hitting 1st and 2nd

Hondo
05-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Tonight, Hariston and Bruce were on Base 7 times between them... The last few games they have both been getting on a bunch... Besides the Pittsburgh game where Harang got roughed up, and Bruce was batting 3rd...

Even then, Freel was 0/4... So my thoughts are as long as Dusty Keeps Haristons Hott bat going in the lead off, and Bruce 2nd... The more the top 2 players in the Line Up get on, the more Runs this team is going to score... I know this past game was only won 3-2, but them boys getting on 7 times sure was nice for a change... Used to be there a lot of 0-ers...

I guess Jeff Keppinger was getting on quite a bit, but when Corey was not getting on, it was like only having 23 Outs, instead of 27

Jones1
05-31-2008, 06:53 AM
I agree the top of the lineups is the best its been all year. What happens If Hairston continues to play like this when Country Kepp comes back? The way I see it Jr is hurting this team the most right now and everyone knows that. But just like with Patterson Dusty will never hit Griff lower than 4th, It drives me insane. Here's the order I would send out there.

1. Hairston
2. Bruce
3. Phillips
4. Dunn
5. Votto
6. Encarnacion
7. Griffey
8. Bako/Ross
9. Pitcher

Then baring Hairston is still doing well, when Kepp comes back wouldnt It be great to see Griff traded and this line up really emerge.

1. Hairston / RF
2. Keppinger / SS
3. Bruce / CF
4. Phillips / 2B
5. Dunn / LF
6. Votto / 1B
7. Encarnacion / 3B
8. Bako/Ross / C
9. Pitcher

This along with, Harang, Volquez and Aroyyo all pitching well. Cueto who will give you a 50/50 chance to win. A called up Bailey or Maloney, and this is a team that I really think could take this division!

HalMorrisRules
05-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Griffey has already made it known that he most likely will not approve any trade, so accept it. And even in the unlikely event he does accept a trade, Bruce would be the one playing RF, not Hairston. More realistic scenario once Kepp comes back is to put Edwin on the bench and play Hairston and Kepp and SS and 3B.

ChatterRed
05-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I know Griffey won't approve a trade. So what?

It comes down to the organization having the cahunas to sit Griffey and play the better lineup.

I agree with Jones1 lineup with Keppinger in it. Play Hairston in the outfield with Bruce and Dunn, put Kepp at SS, and leave EE at 3B. That is our best lineup.

nemesis
05-31-2008, 11:56 AM
The orginazation has over 12 million reasons and 40,000 seats not to sit Griffey. Face it he is a Red. He will be a Red until the season ends. He will be our 3 batter unless he is hitting .200.

Think about it.

Baker kept a guy in the leadoff spot batting .200 with a .250 OBA for 2 months and was basically forced to take him out of the line up. What type of leway is Griff gonna get?

CesarGeronimo
05-31-2008, 11:58 AM
If the Reds did move Griffey to seventh in the order and start giving him more days off while Freel or maybe Hairston get starts in the outfield, he might change his mind about agreeing to be traded. Those would both be the right thing to do as far as trying to win as many games as possible. But even if that happened, I still can't understand why any other team would want to trade for him at this point. I think that's just wishful thinking by Reds fans.

Hondo
05-31-2008, 12:03 PM
I was actually thinking with the 1-2 hole getting on Base more, that Griffey's season will finnally start to come around... I mean, Keppinger was getting on base pretty often but Corey Patterson was killing the Offense, and any chance at Rallys, all momentum was lost... With the Addition of Bruce, I think it is not only going to spark the Top of the Lineup but also get Griffey going... Lets face it... Griffey is probably gone after this year. But man o man, I am looking forward to him getting into a groove and crushing some pitches out of the yard very soon... His last few games haven't been that amazing, but before his last 5 games in which he is hitting .217, he was like at a .304 clip over the previous 11 Games... Also, if he had some other protection besides Brandon Phillips hitting clean up. He may just once in awile get some good pitches to hit... He has been getting pitched around lately...

Go Griffey...

ChatterRed
05-31-2008, 03:05 PM
The orginazation has over 12 million reasons and 40,000 seats not to sit Griffey. Face it he is a Red. He will be a Red until the season ends. He will be our 3 batter unless he is hitting .200.

Think about it.

Baker kept a guy in the leadoff spot batting .200 with a .250 OBA for 2 months and was basically forced to take him out of the line up. What type of leway is Griff gonna get?

Have you checked attendance before Bruce came up? Griffey and his chase of 600 was doing nothing in terms of attendance. Griffey is an afterthought with the fans.

The only thing that will bring fans to GABP is winning.

I do not have an agenda against KGJ. I love all that he has done. But I think he is finally on the horrific downside of his career and it is hard for me to watch.

There may be many like me who really hate watching Griffey play, because you know he's not the HOF caliber player he once was. You almost DON'T WANT to go watch the game because you grimace every time Junior bats. It's tough to watch.

jmac
05-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Griffey has already made it known that he most likely will not approve any trade, so accept it. And even in the unlikely event he does accept a trade, Bruce would be the one playing RF, not Hairston. More realistic scenario once Kepp comes back is to put Edwin on the bench and play Hairston and Kepp and SS and 3B.
I didnt know Jr actually said something like this.
Can someone please give me some details on exactly what was said?

HalMorrisRules
05-31-2008, 08:28 PM
I didnt know Jr actually said something like this.
Can someone please give me some details on exactly what was said?

Hal McCoy Blog, May 25th (http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2008/05/25/radom_thoughts_in_paradise_los.html)

ONE MORE TIME: No more messages/comments/e-mails about trading Ken Griffey Jr. Iím going to say it here for the 598th time - Griffey has a no-trade clause. Griffey has told GM Walt Jocketty he doesnít want to be traded. Ken Griffey Jr. will NOT be traded.

Hal McCoy Blog, May 20th (http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2008/05/20/some_things_make_me_sick.html)

And letís quit saying trade him, move him to Seattle. He isnít going. Understand that. He isnít going. He has said he wonít go to Seattle. So it is moot and it is a waste of effort and breath to keep saying trade him.

Heíll be with the Reds the rest of the season and then heíll be gone. The Reds arenít likely to pick up his option.