PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

OldRightHander
05-31-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm headed to Dallas and will be there by this afternoon, currently south of San Antonio. Anyone live near there? I'm probably going to head over to Arlington this evening and catch a Rangers game if I don't have a load out of there, which I probably won't have until Monday. Anyone been to the park there and could suggest a good area to sit that isn't too expensive? If anyone's in the area and would care to join me for the game, shoot me a PM. If not, I'll post photos and you can see them here.

TRF
05-31-2008, 06:40 PM
sit on the right field side. It's ungodly hot there now, mid to upper 90's all week and very humid. right field provides some shade. It's a good park to watch a game it though.

SandyD
05-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Visit the museum. It's really pretty nice. Not just Rangers history. Texas League as well. And there's a room devoted to great moments in baseball history where you can hear a looped soundtrack of broadcasters calling some of these events.

I saw several games there when we were evacuated. The Rangers gave evacuees free tickets (available seats). I was there for 6 weeks, so I caught a handful of games.

It's a nice enough ballpark. Not crazy about the office complex in the outfield, but a nice park anyway.

OldRightHander
06-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I sat in the upper deck behind home plate and it was a great seat. There was shade there before the game started, but it was still really hot. It was a decent enough game. Ponson pitched and looked really good until he gave up a 3 spot one inning. Blanton pitched for Oakland and didn't look good at all. Saint Josh had 3 rbi including an absolute laser beam for a homer with a man on. I got pictures which I will post sometime before I go to bed. I'm at a gas station close to the park waiting for the traffic to thin out some before I head back to the truck stop.

WVPacman
06-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Is the water blocking the roads down there were the Spurs lost the other night??:D

OldRightHander
06-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Is the water blocking the roads down there were the Spurs lost the other night??:D

Ha ha. The only thing I noticed passing through San Antonio was the construction traffic I got caught in.

WVPacman
06-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Ha ha. The only thing I noticed passing through San Antonio was the construction traffic I got caught in.

LOL maybe they did'nt take it as hard as I thought they would.;)