PDA

View Full Version : Another AAA Pitcher gone.....

alexad
05-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Jim Brower was sold to the Cubs. In the past week, the Reds have rid themselves of older aging picters in minors to give the younger guys a chance. Lehr, Shern and now Brower.

I think Jocketty is working hard to improve the minor league system by getting rid of castoffs the Reds had no buisness getting involved with. The AAA pitching roster is getting younger by the day and it is loaded with talent.

Now he has to start working on the rest of the roster. The Reds have a ton of older guys playing at Louisville right now.

redsmetz
05-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Jim Brower was sold to the Cubs. In the past week, the Reds have rid themselves of older aging picters in minors to give the younger guys a chance. Lehr, Shern and now Brower.

I think Jocketty is working hard to improve the minor league system by getting rid of castoffs the Reds had no buisness getting involved with. The AAA pitching roster is getting younger by the day and it is loaded with talent.

Now he has to start working on the rest of the roster. The Reds have a ton of older guys playing at Louisville right now.

I think it's important to remember that these particular moves would have occurred under Krivsky as well. The younger pitchers at the lower levels are mastering that level and required moving up. This happens all of the time and you jettison the older players by trade, sale or DFA. Look at last year's transactions.

My purpose isn't to defend Krivsky, per se, but to note that this is business as usual. We needed pitchers at AAA, as all clubs do, to fill spots until the other players develope.

We are, in this way, also recouping some of the lost cost of contracts that have been eaten thus far (obviously, not completely).

mth123
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM

Time to can Drew Anderson and his sub-.600 OPS from Louisville and promote Shaun Cumberland. Barring a Dunn signing surprise, this team needs to find 2 OF for 2009 (and maybe one for the 2nd half of 2008). I'd quit fooling with suspects that aren't performing in AAA.

BuckeyeRedleg
05-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Cody Strait, Shaun Cumberland, Danny Dorn, Drew Stubbs.

Chip R
05-31-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66666