PDA

View Full Version : I think we just got our answer to the 5th starter...

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:14 PM
From McCoy's blog:

"Who starts Thursday in Philadelphia, Fogg’s turn?

Manager Dusty Baker was coy about it, but the guess here is that it is finally Homer Bailey time. Bailey was scheduled to pitch for the Class AAA Louisville Bats today, but he was scratched in favor of Daryl Thompson. "

While I'm not thrilled with this, I guess it IS about time to fish or cut bait. His last outting was pretty solid (after about 5 stinkers in a row). I just hope the fans aren't OVERLY optimistic. He's still young and he's gonna get rocked occasionally. Pretty similar to Cueto. Just don't expect Volquez-type results.

Here's the article from McCoy:
-----------------------------
Home Bailey is pitching Thursday - in Philadelphia, not Louisville.

When the Cincinnati Reds said they were putting Josh Fogg on the disabled list Sunday, I was tempted to ask, “With what, inflammation of the earned run average?”

But that would be cruel and he says he has back spasms. I’ve had back spasms. Nothing funny about it, especially when you can’t untie your shoes.

To replace him, the Reds called up relief pitcher Gary Majewski, which begs the question. Who starts Thursday in Philadelphia, Fogg’s turn?

Manager Dusty Baker was coy about it, but it is finally Homer Bailey time. Bailey was scheduled to pitch for the Class AAA Louisville Bats today and did, but only ppitched two innings and was pulled.

He’ll face the Phillies Thursday in Philadelphia.

“After Saturday’s game, Fogg complained about his back,” said Baker. “We need some pitching help bad, so we couldn’t wait. We put Fogg on the DL and called up Majewski.”

Next start?

“Scuffling,” said Baker. “We’ll come up with somethng. We have a few days before we have to come up with something. There are a couple of guys lined up.

“Going into Philly…”

Somebody mentioned the Phillies are averaging like 12 runs a game over the last week and Baker said, “Be quiet, man. Every time I look in the paper, it’s like, oh my god. That’s why we have to get our pitching together.”

The Reds, Holy Terrors at home, are Holy Terribles on the road and Monday open an eight-game trip - four in Philly (Hello, Jim’s Cheesesteaks) and four in Florida (Hello rain showers and humidity).

What do the Reds need to lift the road anvil off their shoulders.

“Try not to think about, just play hard,” said Baker. “Score early, play hard, play defense, close out games you are supposed to close out. Don’t let it get into your head. I’ve seen it get into some teams’ heads. And the law of averages are on our side.”

Baker’s assessment of one of Atlanta’s young players:

“I’ll tell you who is fast becoming a good ballplayer is that Johnson kid for Atlanta (second baseman Kelly Johnson),” said Baker. “All I know is I see him running around the bases a lot. I yell at him, ‘Get on the bench. I’m tired of you running around the bases.’”

Baker, suspended two games in San Diego for bumping an umpire, watched Bobby Cox get ejected Saturday.

“I watch Bobby,” he said. “Bobby is the King of Ejections. I learned something. He crossed his arms and kept his distance from the umpire. I was really studying Bobby. I really was. I ain’t lying to you. I was like, ‘OK, he was careful not to turn into anybody, he backed up before he turned so he wouldn’t hit anybody.’”

When Thom Brennaman wanted to interview Ken Griffey Jr. about 600 home runs (he had 599), Griffey recoiled. He pointed to several writers in the clubhouse and asked each one individually, “Have I talked to you about it? Have I talked to you about it? Have I talked to you about it?”

Each one said no.

“I’m highly superstitutious, very superstitious,” said Griffey. “I’ve sold cars and I’ve sold houses because of bad luck. The only thing sacred is my wife and kids. I sell everything else like cattle.”

TheOnlyRedsFan
06-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I guess we will have to try it and see. The good thing about this game is that anything can happen. Lets hope Bailey can start showing people why he was so highly touted.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Okay, I'm a bit puzzled. Hal McCoy states that they've pulled Homer out in the 2nd inning, but MiLB has the game listed as starting tonight. Anybody know if the game has actually started and if Homer has been truthfully pulled?

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Man. I was really hoping for Maloney. I would much rather have a lefty facing Howard and Utley than a righty that got rocked in Philly last year. But what do I know.

jmac
06-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I would rather see Maloney first but I will root for Bailey if it is him.
Bailey facing all those lefties would make for a tough first start.
Wasnt it the phils that tattooed him last year in pihlly ?

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Okay, this is starting to tick me off. Does anybody know if the Bats game has started yet? Everywhere I look it says it starts tonite at 6:15. I'm trying to figure out why in the world Hal McCoy would be so incompetent as to write false info about Homer being pulled after 2 innings. A little help here, I'm stumped.

Nuxhall41
06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Why not? I sort of agree with Pete on this one. When they interviewed Rose during the Dodger game, he implied the Reds were overthinking this one. He said if Bailey is supposed to be that good, bring him up and let him work it out like Cueto is working it out. What do they have to lose? They're a last place team(at the time of Pete's interview).

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I would rather see Maloney first but I will root for Bailey if it is him.
Bailey facing all those lefties would make for a tough first start.
Wasnt it the phils that tattooed him last year in pihlly ?

Off the top of my head, I think it was 1.2 IP with 6 ER.

captainmorgan07
06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Homer better get it together here's his chance. Nobody expects him to come out and throw a no hitter but we need a quality start out of the kid. He needs to command all of his pitches not only his fastball. Needs to mix speeds and keep the ball down in that bandbox of a ballpark in philly.

Jr's Boy
06-01-2008, 03:28 PM
While I'm not thrilled with this, I guess it IS about time to fish or cut bait.

Course your not thrilled Hal,you slammed him in your last article about Bailey.How do you ''fish or cut bait'' with a kid who was rushed to the majors, and was almost God like around Reds fans awaiting his call up.You have the young talent you hone it and give it time.Not to mention the Reds minor leagues aint exactly been churning out Cy Young winners in the last decade.

DTCromer
06-01-2008, 03:32 PM
While I'm not thrilled with this, I guess it IS about time to fish or cut bait.

Course your not thrilled Hal,you slammed him in your last article about Bailey.How do you ''fish or cut bait'' with a kid who was rushed to the majors, and was almost God like around Reds fans awaiting his call up.You have the young talent you hone it and give it time.Not to mention the Reds minor leagues aint exactly been churning out Cy Young winners in the last decade.

Why is everyone slamming Hal? Bailey is immature and hasn't produced like he should at the AAA level. End of story. There's no defending poor Homer.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-01-2008, 03:32 PM
The Bats game starts at 6:15 from everything I've seen, and I live in Louisville and read the paper, and read about the Bats winning last night. 6:15. There's an advertisement for today's game. 6:15. The calendar. 6:15.

I don't see where he's getting 2 innings and pulled, that's completely fabricated.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Why is everyone slamming Hal?

Quote from LouisvilleCARDS: "The Bats game starts at 6:15 from everything I've seen, and I live in Louisville and read the paper, and read about the Bats winning last night. 6:15. There's an advertisement for today's game. 6:15. The calendar. 6:15.

I don't see where he's getting 2 innings and pulled, that's completely fabricated. "

-----------
THAT'S why people are slamming Hal. That's hack work right there. Complete HACK WORK.

DTCromer
06-01-2008, 03:43 PM
So he's wrong about Bailey? I'm just amused why everyone defends Homer.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 03:52 PM
It's not that people are defending homer per say. It's just that Hal seems to have a vendetta against the kid. Is he surly with the media? Yeah. There's no arguing that. But let's look at it from another angle. He got rushed to the bigs last year. That's obvious. He was over-hyped by the Reds and some young kids can't handle that. That's obvious too. He was throwing unbelievably well in Louisville until that bad 6 game stretch. While at the same time we had struggling starters in Cincy but Homer gets ignored with the Bats. He responded poorly. But people need to remember that the kid is only 22 years old. Give him a freaking break. Is he ready for the Reds yet? Probably not, but that's still no excuse for Hal's constantly slamming him. That's bush-league reporting IMO. I don't think Homer needs defending or crucifying...he needs to be left alone and let him perform like any other minor leaguer gets to do. That's all.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Either way, if he has an attitude he supposedly has had since not making the rotation out of spring training, I see no problem with him coming up. If he does well, then he does well and we get a decent starter for a change. If not, he gets humbed and realizes he mightn eed to listen to the pitching coaches more and go back down and work on stuff instead of pouting. I mean, if you give him 3, 4 starts in the majors and he gets rocked, what's his excuse going to be then when he gets sent down?

Jr's Boy
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
It's not that people are defending homer per say. It's just that Hal seems to have a vendetta against the kid. Is he surly with the media? Yeah. There's no arguing that. But let's look at it from another angle. He got rushed to the bigs last year. That's obvious. He was over-hyped by the Reds and some young kids can't handle that. That's obvious too. He was throwing unbelievably well in Louisville until that bad 6 game stretch. While at the same time we had struggling starters in Cincy but Homer gets ignored with the Bats. He responded poorly. But people need to remember that the kid is only 22 years old. Give him a freaking break. Is he ready for the Reds yet? Probably not, but that's still no excuse for Hal's constantly slamming him. That's bush-league reporting IMO. I don't think Homer needs defending or crucifying...he needs to be left alone and let him perform like any other minor leaguer gets to do. That's all.

Could'nt have said it better Charles.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Hal McCoy just fixed his article to this:

"Manager Dusty Baker was coy about it, but it is finally Homer Bailey time. Bailey was scheduled to pitch for the Class AAA Louisville Bats tonight and will, but is expected to pitch only two innings and take the rest of the night off."

Much better, but he still needs to actually proof-read his work before posting it. That's just shabby work IMO.

Lockdwn11
06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I sure hope all the people on this board that have been yelling for Bailey to be brought up aren't the first ones to turn on him the first time things go bad.

keeganbrick
06-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Hopefully since he will be making another big league start and if thats where he thinks he belongs he will be mentally focused. Sometimes I think he loses his focus in AAA of what needs to be done.

hebroncougar
06-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure if it's time to "fish or cut bait", with a player that has about 400 innings in the minors, and is only 22 years old. The media that covers this team is almost unbearable. One group (McCoy, M. Brennaman) thinks they call a spade a spade when they see one, but really are our version of "Grumpy Old Men". I'm going to start calling Marty, John Gustafson, and calling McCoy, Max Goldman. I think Bailey may have taken their granddaughters out the last time he was up here and treated them poorly or something.

SoTxRedsFan
06-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Go homer.

Jr's Boy
06-01-2008, 05:17 PM
They are the grumpy old man of the Reds.Cueto's last outing when he started having trouble in the first Marty went ''here we go again with Cueto''.I shrugged and was beside myself when he said that.A young starter and Marty was if he was a veteran player known for making mistakes.

Nuxhall41
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
People need to be just as patient with Bailey as they have been with Cueto. They've been very patient with Cueto.

ChatterRed
06-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I think this is a bad move bringing up Homer. He may surprise me and get it done this time, but Philly is like the Reds with LH power and hitting. A RH very young arrogant pitcher who got rocked by them last time he faced them, surely isn't the answer.

On the other hand, bringing up Maloney, a LHer, to face them in Philly might be too overwhelming also.

I had someone tell me today they heard the Reds have pitched a couple of trade ideas trying to pick up a better 5th starter.............I just asked him what happened to those trades and he said, they must not be able to swing a deal. But he did say that is why the Reds delayed naming the 5th starter. Not sure what to believe. I was hoping this would be true and we might pick up a quality pitcher to add to the rotation from some bottomfeeder in MLB.

Not trying to be a negative nelly, but I fully expect Homer to come up, get tattooed alot and then what? His stock has dropped. Nobody wants him in trade. And what will he have learned? Because we all know from reports he knows it all and won't listen to anybody anyway.

I don't like this move.

I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG. All indications are that he won't. It's not like Jay Bruce who was hitting .360-something in the minors and had nothing left to prove........all indications were that he was ready. Homer has given no indication that success in the major leagues is on the immediate horizon. Sorry.

I'm not a big Homer fan. But I was never a fan of alot of great players, while still recognizing their talent and success on the field. Some guys are just jerks. I think Homer falls into that category and it disappoints me.

I'm in the minority because I like Hal McCoy and I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH HIM.

DannyB
06-01-2008, 06:26 PM
four in Florida (Hello rain showers and humidity).

Ok I am so ready for this:thumbup:

Krawhitham
06-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Bailey pitched best with Javy behind the plate last season, wonder if Javy will get the start?

Blue
06-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I sure hope all the people on this board that have been yelling for Bailey to be brought up aren't the first ones to turn on him the first time things go bad.

Funny thing, I think its pretty hard to find posters on here who are yelling for Homer Bailey to be brought up. I like the kid, but at this point I only want him to come up for two reasons 1.) to see if he is really sitting at only 91 mph with his fastball and 2.) to see whether he's just coasting in AAA or (as I suspect) he's actually having difficulty in spite of best effort.

I get very tired of Hal ripping on Homer with third-hand information and taking undignified personal shots at him at every opportunity. Its unbecoming of a member of the Hall of Fame. I realize its frustrating for Hal that Homer doesn't like talking to the media, but Hal has two options: 1.) he can cover Bailey fairly in spite of this or 2.) he can pout like a child and drag the kid through the mud. Thus far, he has chosen option #2.

OUReds
06-01-2008, 07:42 PM
To suggest it is "fish or cut bait time" with a 22 year old pitcher in AAA (where he is still young for the league) after the very first rough patch in his professional career is.... Well, I'd like to be nice here, but it's idiocy.

Though in fairness, I think calling him up to make an emergency start on the road against the Phillies is idiocy also.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, I guess Hal was somewhat correct. Homer just came out of the game after 50 pitches in the middle of the 3rd inning.

I expect we'll see him in a Reds uni shortly.

His numbers for tonight don't look great, but there were several seeing-eye groundballs. 2.2 ip / 3 hits (all groundballs) / 2 er / 2 bb/ 1 k.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Bailey hasn't looked impressive, which doesn't bode well, but what else is there? Maloney has looked equally unimpressive at times. Belilse is going back to the pen cause he's getting rocked. If there was an obvious decision to be made here, it would have been. Just hope Homer is a "play to your competition" type pitcher, and when he gets the adrenaline going he plays better his return start.

redsfan1966
06-01-2008, 09:17 PM
We need a fifth starter, Homer waits in Louisville...its time, bad attitude or not, for Homer to return....maybe without all of the Homermania of 07 he will get the job done...

TheBigLebowski
06-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm glad to see it and I hope he does well. I just hope no one gives up on him if he doesn't. He's 22 and sometimes even themost talented pitchers take a while to fully develop.

doug flynn
06-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Maloney would require a roster move. Perhaps the Reds didn't want his first start to be against the team that traded him. Could cause added pressure for a kid to try and impress.

Just a guess, because Homer hasn't wowed anyone lately.

ChatterRed
06-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I think it will be funny to read this board if Bailey gets rocked.

Blue
06-02-2008, 12:26 AM
I think it will be funny to read this board if Bailey gets rocked.

Then you've got a pretty sick sense of humor. And I'll say it again, its not like this board is running over with people who think Bailey should be in the major leagues right now. Many people defend him against McCoy, but that doesn't mean we aren't concerned with Bailey's poor performace in AAA and MLB.

The reason people should reject McCoy's attacks goes like this:

Homer Bailey doesn't like the media so he rarely talks with them and is terse when he does.

Hal McCoy doesn't like Homer Bailey so he attacks him personally and uses third hand information to drag him through the mud.

Now, you tell me who is the more mature, "bigger", and better man?

TheOnlyRedsFan
06-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Bailey only went 2.2 tonight? 3 H, 2 BB, 1 K, 2 R

i guess i should have read first

ChatterRed
06-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Then you've got a pretty sick sense of humor. And I'll say it again, its not like this board is running over with people who think Bailey should be in the major leagues right now. Many people defend him against McCoy, but that doesn't mean we aren't concerned with Bailey's poor performace in AAA and MLB.

The reason people should reject McCoy's attacks goes like this:

Homer Bailey doesn't like the media so he rarely talks with them and is terse when he does.

Hal McCoy doesn't like Homer Bailey so he attacks him personally and uses third hand information to drag him through the mud.

Now, you tell me who is the more mature, "bigger", and better man?

"Third hand information"? Whatever. McCoy has FAR MORE ACCESS to information than you'll ever have, dude.

I don't like Homer Bailey either. I think he's a jerk.

And it's funny how YOU ATTACK Hal McCoy. I guess that makes you MATURE.

Good stuff.

Ghosts of 1990
06-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Glad it's homer. This staff is finally ready. He's better than anyone on the staff except volquez.

tommycash
06-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Glad it's homer. This staff is finally ready. He's better than anyone on the staff except volquez.

Whoa there big fella. Lets not forget Aaron Harang. I am ready for Homer to hit the big time, but Harang is still pretty darn good. I need Homer to do well, because I got a ball signed by him and Brandon Phillips during a stop at our local radio station last year. I don't want to sell it, but I would like to it to be worth money and that won't happen unless Homer succeeds. Sounds selfish doesn't it.

Blue
06-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Oh, you're such the bigger man. "Third hand information"? Whatever. McCoy has FAR MORE ACCESS to information than you'll ever have, dude.

What a crock and a joke.

I don't like Homer Bailey either. I think he's a jerk.

And it's funny how YOU ATTACK Hal McCoy. I guess that makes you MATURE.

Good stuff.

You must have poor reading comprehension. Homer is the bigger man, not me. I'm just a neutral observer calling BS when I see it.

Homer, while perhaps not as mature as we would like is more mature than Hal in his approach to dealing with people who he doesn't get along with.

McCoy has more access than me. Yeah, so what? I'm not the one stating as an absolute fact something that I did not see while not naming my source, and using a "fact" that I cannot confirm as true because I was one hundred miles away as the basis for defaming the character of a 22 year old kid.

I didn't attack Hal with anything other than objective facts.

You think Homer is a jerk. That's wonderful. That's very big of you. You think that because how McCoy writes crap when he has no idea what he's talking about.

Next time I'll spell it out very slowly and plainly for you. If I write a joke, rest assured there will be a punchline, like this:

So, a skeleton walks into a bar and says "Bartender, I need a beer, and a mop."

Good stuff, eh?

BruiserUD
06-02-2008, 01:41 AM

Better than anyone on the staff besides Volquez? Really? Lets look at some numbers for the season before we go and make any bold statements.

Harang: 3.81 ERA, 85 H, 35 ER, 19 BB, 74 K's

Cueto: 5.11 ERA, 69 H, 39 ER, 20 BB, 62 K's

Arroyo: 5.29 ERA, 78 H, 38 ER, 26 BB, 61 K's

Bailey: 4.15 ERA, 66 H, 32 ER, 31 BB, 55 K's

Of the 3 Reds starters in this comparison, Arroyo and Cueto have close to the same amount of IP as Bailey. So when comparing the numbers your can see that Homer is without a doubt walking more batters and striking out less than either Cueto and Arroyo. Cueto has pitched one less inning on the year than Homer and has 11 fewer BB and 7 more K's. And in case you forgot, Homer is putting these numbers up in AAA not in the big leagues. So I find it very hard to believe that Homer is better than everyone else on the staff besides Volquez.

I am not trying to bash Homer. I hope the kid comes up and pitches lights out against the Phillies and becomes the second best pitcher on the staff behind Volquez. I just dont see it happening. Hopefully he will be able to come up here and lock down the 5th starter spot because I would much rather have Homer on the mound than any other pitcher the Reds have tried to use in the 5th spot.

_Sir_Charles_
06-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Bailey's poor performance in AAA and MLB. Let's look at that a bit.

First, let's remember that Homer injured his groin during pregame warmups on 6-26-07. So let's break it down from there.

2007 MiLB stats (pre callup)

6-1 / 58.1 ip / 39 hits / 24 bb / 51 k's / 15 er / 2.31 era / 1.08 whip

2007 MLB stats (during injury 6-26 to 7-7)

0-2 / 10.1 ip / 15 hits / 10 bb / 8 k's / 14 er / 12.47 era / 1.78 whip

2007 MiLB stats (during injury 6-26 to 7-7)

At Sarasota: 0-1 / 8 ip / 15 hits / 5 bb / 7 k's / 9 er / 10.12 era / 2.50 whip
At Louisville: 0-2 / 9 ip / 10 hits / 8 bb / 8 k's / 8 er / 8.00 era / 2.00 whip

2007 MLB stats (pre and post injury)

4-0 / 35 ip / 28 hits / 18 bb / 20 k's / 15 er / 3.85 era / 1.31 whip

-----------------------------

2007 injured 19.3 ip / 25 hits / 16 k's / 18 bb / 10.24 era / 2.24 whip
2007 healthy 93.3 ip / 67 hits / 71 k's / 42 bb / 2.89 era / 1.17 whip

Taking that into account, last year was FAR from a bust.

So now, let's look at this year. Homer's turnaround date was April 25th imo. That was his first poor start of the year. Prior to that start he was 3-1 in 26.1 ip with 19 hits, 4 bb, 16 k's and a 1.03 era.

The Reds meanwhile were 9-15, losers of 3 straight and 7 of their last 10.

Cueto has gone 0-2 with a 4.82 since his stellar debut.
Fogg has gone 1-2 with a 10.80 era.
Belisle has been on the DL until his first start until now and he went 4 innings, is 0-1 with a lovely 11.25 era.
Arroyo has gone 0-3 up to this point with a 7.56 era.

So, here is Homer sitting in Louisville...lighting up the stat sheet and pissed off because the Reds are throwing scrubs out there and he's languishing down in AAA.

Since this date, Homer has had 6 horrible starts in a row going 1-3 in 34.1 innings with 39 hits / 21 bb / 34 k's / 26 er / 6.86 era / 1.75 whip.
I think his sulking days are done though. His last 2 outings have been out of that 6-game mold. 0-0 / 8.2 ip / 8 hits / 6 bb / 5 k's / 3 er / 3.29 era / 1.70 whip. And today's game he was on a strict 50 pitch count limit.

Regardless, I'd say this kid needs to be challenged. He's most likely pissed at being snubbed and bored with the competition. It's time to see what he can do...HEALTHY.

jnwohio
06-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Bailey was pulled between batters in the middle of the 3rd inning after throwing 49 pitches. Sounds to me like he was on a very tight 50 pitch leash. The game article on the Bats site says unequivocally that Bailey was pulled becuse he was "recalled to the Reds". It went on to say he would make his 2008 Reds debut on Thursday in Phillie.

McCoy's comments about this were in his blog, not a vetted news story. As such it is not edited or proof read. You can see lots of the same sort of nitty errors in Fay's blog or C.Trent's etc. Also blogs are not subject to the same standards of authentication and verification as news stories. The sites run them because they draw traffic from folks like us looking to get an inside scoop a litlle sooner or perhaps catch a tidbit of juicy gossip that the reporter is not comfortable putting into a vetted story.

In this case someone in the know most likely told McCoy that Bailey was being prestaged tonite for Thursday and filled in some of the details. With the team and the reporters on the move to begin the road trip, it is easy enough to see how there could have been confusion about the timing as in did Bailey already pitch the the two innings in the afternoon or was the plan to have him only pitch two tonite. The point is the bottom line information presented turned out to be accurate, as least as far as the Reds intent at this point. Bailey may join the Reds immediately; the plan may be for him to start Thursday; but, they aren't likely to officially make the roster move until Thursday morning which means Jocketty could still complete a trade between now and then. That could send Homer packing back to Louisville or even on to another org if he turned out to be part of the trade.

And by the way, as I am writing this neither the Enquirer/ Fay's blog nor the C.Trent's blog have even a whisper of any of this. Figure that.

Blue
06-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Its on Fay's blog, but its hidden in the first thread on the page, down near the bottom of the entry.

AccordinglyReds
06-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Too bad the game will be at 1:05pm and not on FSN. :(

ChatterRed
06-02-2008, 08:45 AM
You must have poor reading comprehension. Homer is the bigger man, not me. I'm just a neutral observer calling BS when I see it.

Homer, while perhaps not as mature as we would like is more mature than Hal in his approach to dealing with people who he doesn't get along with.

McCoy has more access than me. Yeah, so what? I'm not the one stating as an absolute fact something that I did not see while not naming my source, and using a "fact" that I cannot confirm as true because I was one hundred miles away as the basis for defaming the character of a 22 year old kid.

I didn't attack Hal with anything other than objective facts.

You think Homer is a jerk. That's wonderful. That's very big of you. You think that because how McCoy writes crap when he has no idea what he's talking about.

Next time I'll spell it out very slowly and plainly for you. If I write a joke, rest assured there will be a punchline, like this:

So, a skeleton walks into a bar and says "Bartender, I need a beer, and a mop."

Good stuff, eh?

You just have it out for Hal McCoy. Marty and several others have stated that Homer has a bad attitude. But you choose only to focus on McCoy's comments.

I feel sorry for you.

Orodle
06-02-2008, 10:02 AM

even Harang? I think not

Blue
06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
You just have it out for Hal McCoy. Marty and several others have stated that Homer has a bad attitude. But you choose only to focus on McCoy's comments.

I feel sorry for you.

I have it out for all whiny members of the media. These are the people who had everyone saying that Griffey was a jerk for all those years. Why? Because he didn't want to talk to them.

WAAAHHHHHH! Poor little media babies!

Earlier in the season Phillips told the media he didn't want to talk to them, John Fay acted like in ruined the outcome of the game the Reds had just won, and a couple weeks later we were treated to a blog entry from Hal McCoy about how "I guess Brandon Phillips isn't mad at me any more, he said 'Hey Hal' when he ran by me in the clubhouse." Thanks, Hal. We were all on the edge of our seats.

And please stop acting like I have something wrong with me because I criticize members of the local media for being self-absorbed and vindictive. I'm not the one who presumes the absolute truth of everything I read and hear.