PDA

View Full Version : Who gets promoted to Louisville if....

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Homer's time has really come? According to McCoy, Homer was pulled after 2 innings today because he's getting the callup to be the missing 5th starter we need. If true, who's getting the bump to AAA? Ben Jukich seems to be the likely candidate. What's your take?

camisadelgolf
06-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Between Pettyjohn, Thompson, Maloney, Belisle, Ramirez, and Mallett (god forbid), the Bats have enough starting pitchers following a Bailey promotion. Jukich is the only starter in Chattanooga who you could argue has 'earned' a promotion, but he's still walking a lot of guys (not that 30 BB over 69.1 IP is outrageous). I'd leave him in AA and let him work out his control problems while I promote a reliever from the Lookouts with a little less upside such as Robert Manuel (who could also throw a lot of innings if the Bats needed him to).

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Good point about the number of starters. I didn't look at it that way. So what's Louisville's biggest need? Relievers or position players?

JaxRed
06-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Bailey did NOT get pulled after 2 innings. The game starts at 6:15

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
That's what I was thinking. What in the world is McCoy doing writting that then? That guy baffles me sometimes.

mth123
06-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Between Pettyjohn, Thompson, Maloney, Belisle, Ramirez, and Mallett (god forbid), the Bats have enough starting pitchers following a Bailey promotion. Jukich is the only starter in Chattanooga who you could argue has 'earned' a promotion, but he's still walking a lot of guys (not that 30 BB over 69.1 IP is outrageous). I'd leave him in AA and let him work out his control problems while I promote a reliever from the Lookouts with a little less upside such as Robert Manuel (who could also throw a lot of innings if the Bats needed him to).

I like the idea of promoting Manuel.

Combined 2008 Stats:

35IP in 19 Games, 1.32 ERA, 47K, 9BB, 1HR.

He's 6-3, 197 LBS and will be 25 in July. He could be a needed multi-inning reliever on the big league team. He's old enough that he doesn't need to be babied and he's been effective without it all being luck. He's a bit of a fly ball guy which hurts at GABP.

Manuel was obtained for Dave Williams.

JaxRed
06-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Follow Hal McCoy closely, you'll get used to it.......

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 02:56 PM
So you mean it's BS?!? Here I was under the impression that a "HoF" writter would at least be mildly reliable. *rolls eyes*

Matt700wlw
06-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I just saw that Josh Roenicke got promoted to AAA....this may be old news

camisadelgolf
06-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I just saw that Josh Roenicke got promoted to AAA....this may be old news

Yeah, the thread was already made. Sean Watson has promoted to AA to take his place.

roborobj
06-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Chatt gets rained out. double header tomorrow starting at 6:15 p.m.

camisadelgolf
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
http://chattanoogalookouts.com/images/news/watson%20roenicke.jpg

Sean Watson is listed as 215 lbs.

And I'm more attractive and have more money than Brad Pitt.

NC Reds
06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
http://chattanoogalookouts.com/images/news/watson%20roenicke.jpg

Sean Watson is listed as 215 lbs.

And I'm more attractive and have more money than Brad Pitt.

Watson has more chins than a Hong Kong phone book, as the joke goes.

RedsManRick
06-01-2008, 04:11 PM
If Bailey comes up over Maloney, I think that signals Maloney as trade bait. He's the kind of guy Jocketty is prone to moving to improve the big league squad.

camisadelgolf
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Watson has more chins than a Hong Kong phone book, as the joke goes.

He's got more rolls than a German bakery.

camisadelgolf
06-01-2008, 04:29 PM
If Bailey comes up over Maloney, I think that signals Maloney as trade bait. He's the kind of guy Jocketty is prone to moving to improve the big league squad.

I hope he tries to trade Maloney for Jason LaRue, Ryan Franklin, D'Angelo Jimenez and Kyle Lohse. LaRue would be the right-handed catching help for Ross' inevitable back spasms and Valentin's DFA, Jimenez could hold some ground while Keppinger and Gonzalez are injured, Franklin helps the bullpen that resorts to frequently calling up Coffey and Majewski, and Lohse gives the Reds a fifth starter upgrade over Fogg and Belisle.

I use the word 'hope' because that might just be the good excuse I've been looking for to kill myself.

LoganBuck
06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I hope he tries to trade Maloney for Jason LaRue, Ryan Franklin, D'Angelo Jimenez and Kyle Lohse. LaRue would be the right-handed catching help for Ross' inevitable back spasms and Valentin's DFA, Jimenez could hold some ground while Keppinger and Gonzalez are injured, Franklin helps the bullpen that resorts to frequently calling up Coffey and Majewski, and Lohse gives the Reds a fifth starter upgrade over Fogg and Belisle.

I use the word 'hope' because that might just be the good excuse I've been looking for to kill myself.

I could feel the venom starting to drip in my fingers before I read your last line.

camisadelgolf
06-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I could feel the venom starting to drip in my fingers before I read your last line.

Go Cubs! ;)

JaxRed
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Bat's web site says there is no corresponsing move and Bats are playing one short.

Blue
06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Rough, Rough start for Bailey. 1st inning, bases loaded, nobody out.

membengal
06-01-2008, 07:25 PM
That's positively Josh Fogg-esque...he will fit right in.

What do we have to do to get Matt Maloney to get a shot?

AmarilloRed
06-01-2008, 10:55 PM
That's positively Josh Fogg-esque...he will fit right in.

What do we have to do to get Matt Maloney to get a shot?

Putting him on the 40 man roster would be a start.