PDA

View Full Version : KGJ's hitting

ChatterRed
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I have been critical of Junior on some other threads, but during this homestand, Junior actually seemed to be hitting the ball harder/better, but right at people. I think he may possibly be on the verge of coming out of his slump. What do you think?

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I'ma believer that as the summer heats up, he heats up. He's doing a better job of hitting line drives instead of tryng to kill each pitch. I've liked the recent Griffey at the plate.

durl
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
You're right. He's hitting the ball very well and I think he'll keep getting better as the season goes on. He needs to get #600 out of the way so he can focus on other things. That magic number has GOT to be tough to not think about.

Krawhitham
06-01-2008, 05:29 PM
A couple times today he was doing nothing but swinging for the fences, trying to get #600 in Cincinnati

I do not see him going 7 games (he is sitting the final day in Florida) without a HR, he has been hitting the ball hard for a week or so now

captainmorgan07
06-01-2008, 05:36 PM
He's been seeing the ball very well as of late. I was impressed today when he the other way for a single in the first inning. For him to raise his average he needs to continue to go the other way with those pitches on the outter half.