PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hudson not impressed by Red's Rookies

kfm
06-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Count Tim Hudson as already fed up with Jay Bruce hype and not impressed by Johnny Cueto. Here are a couple of his post game quotes

"We faced a guy who can't stop backing up third base when he's facing other teams, and then he goes out there and has a no-hitter into the sixth against us," Hudson said.

And what does he think of Jay Bruce: The righty quipped, "I saw Ted Williams up there in every at-bat of every series. Is that what you want me to say?"

Grande Donkey
06-01-2008, 08:04 PM
It sounds like Timmy is just a little pissed off.

redhawk61
06-01-2008, 08:04 PM
He is upset that some young rookies beat him, Just goes to show his ego

He is a poor loser, and just a loser.

redhawkfish
06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Does Timmy need his blankie?

Blue
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Count Tim Hudson as already fed up with Jay Bruce hype and not impressed by Johnny Cueto. Here are a couple of his post game quotes

"We faced a guy who can't stop backing up third base when he's facing other teams, and then he goes out there and has a no-hitter into the sixth against us," Hudson said.

And what does he think of Jay Bruce: The righty quipped, "I saw Ted Williams up there in every at-bat of every series. Is that what you want me to say?"

Yes.

hebroncougar
06-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Tim might still be a little miffed the Reds cut his brother as well. As far as his attitude towards Cueto and Bruce, if that's how you feel, your team must stink. Because Ted Williams and Cueto beat the pants off of you.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Screw him. I didn't hear them crying much when they took 3 from us at their place, now they cry like little babies. Yesterday Bobby Cox crying about a correct call, today McCann talking crap to Hairston. Typical Braves. I hope they continue to lose, I've never liked the Braves.

podgejeff_
06-01-2008, 08:27 PM
The Braves suck for a reason. Easily one of my most hated teams in the majors (mainly because of the nineties and having to grow up with TBS and their constant "America's team" crap).

Regardless of the crap he's talking, his team is on a three game losing streak and he's partially to blame for that. No amount of trash talking is going to make that go away.

BucksandReds
06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
what a poor whiny wittle baby! It sure is so sad that baby Timmy wost against a wookie pitcher and wet a 21 yeaw old in his 6th game evew hit a homewun and get on base fwee times today. Ohhhhhh is poor baby Timmy a wittle sad?

foxfire123
06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Man. Someone find that man his pacifier....

Foxfire

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 08:38 PM
When Tim Hudson was 22, he was in AA with an E.R.A. of 4.54. with a WHIP of 1.54. He must have been doing a LOT of backing up third that year. In 2006, he had an E.R.A. of 4.86 with a WHIP of 1.44. Also, more backing up of third than Cueto this year with his 1.30 WHIP.

What a crybaby.

I really really wish that Hairston would have decked McCann on his bunt because McCann was in the basepath. When I played, I was taught to hit the defender that was in your basepath as hard as you could, because he is not allowed to be there.

NorrisHopper30
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM

It's not our fault the Braves suck, Timmy.

:cool:

Kingspoint
06-01-2008, 09:03 PM
The Braves still have a better record than the REDS and until the REDS show something on the Road, they will continue to have a better record than the REDS.

Tim Hudson got injured today, and guys that get injured are usually a little miffed.

OUReds
06-01-2008, 09:06 PM
The Braves still have a better record than the REDS and until the REDS show something on the Road, they will continue to have a better record than the REDS.

Tim Hudson got injured today, and guys that get injured are usually a little miffed.

I tend to think you can show class in any situation if you want to.

jmac
06-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Screw him. I didn't hear them crying much when they took 3 from us at their place, now they cry like little babies. Yesterday Bobby Cox crying about a correct call, today McCann talking crap to Hairston. Typical Braves. I hope they continue to lose, I've never liked the Braves.

Anyone hear exactly what the deal was with McCann?

dmoe
06-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I was at the game. The Reds played solid baseball, the crowd was into it, and the Braves were frustrated.

Somebody better tell Tim there's no crying in baseball.

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM

Appearantly Hairston said something to Blanco about breaking up the no-no with a bunt, and McCann was just givin Hairston some lip about trying to win the game.

jmac
06-01-2008, 09:27 PM

Nevermind.
Seen it on the ORG.

Orodle
06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't blame Hudson. Stupidest questions asked in sports.

jmac
06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Appearantly Hairston said something to Blanco about breaking up the no-no with a bunt, and McCann was just givin Hairston some lip about trying to win the game.

Thanks, I hadnt seen your response yet.
I agree with McCann but I also like Hairston for sticking up for Cueto.
As far as Hudson, reckon he would have said anything "if" he thought he would be facing Cueto again very soon ?

TheBigLebowski
06-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Tim Hudson is an a&&hole who has never won anything and he never will.

jmac
06-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't blame Hudson. Stupidest questions asked in sports.

The effects of just getting thumped.
He could have said " the kid had a good series" and left it at that.

RedsIn07
06-01-2008, 09:33 PM

I think the Braves are like 10-21 on the road... just sayin'

scounts22
06-01-2008, 09:37 PM
You keep it classy, Mr. Hudson! :thumbup:

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I think the Braves are like 10-21 on the road... just sayin'

7-21..... That is just ridiculous.

Homer Bailey
06-01-2008, 09:41 PM
By comparison, the worst road record in the history of the game is the 1992 Dodgers who went 26-55 for a percentage of .321. The Braves are at .250.

UC_Ken
06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks, I hadnt seen your response yet.
I agree with McCann but I also like Hairston for sticking up for Cueto.
As far as Hudson, reckon he would have said anything "if" he thought he would be facing Cueto again very soon ?

I remember Kurt Schilling had a no-no working in San Diego and their catcher put down a bunt and Shilling was none to happy about it. I remember it was like a 2-0 game and I just thought that it was a great baseball play because it brought up the tying run late in a close game. Even though it goes against us today I still feel the same way.

Hey Meat
06-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Just another reason to hate "America's Team. " I already did, with a passion, adding all of the things from this weekend the flames are rekindled.

kentuckyboy30
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Guys I actually think that we will see alot more teams upset with our team for a while to come, like Jeff said today on the broadcast we are an up and coming team, and we are coming out of the bottom and rising up to the top and a lot of people don't like that. I think little Timmy is just mad that Johnny Cueto outpitched him and Jay (Ted Williams) Bruce rocked his world.

Fullboat
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
While crews were cleaning the Visitors clubhouse they found the following
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/Schnuller.JPG/180px-Schnuller.JPG

Hmmm.

Jason_1968
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM

The Braves have a worse road record than the Reds do.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I think we should cut Hudson just a little slack. He was injured in the game (that alone is enough to get a guy in a foul mood), and then after the game the majority of the questions weren't even about him or his own team but rather 2 Reds rookies. Yeah, I'd be pretty annoyed too. Sometimes the media is just clueless...not to mention heartless. Kick a guy when he's down why don'cha.

ChatterRed
06-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Tim Hudson wasn't impressed by the Reds rookies? I seriously doubt they were very impressed with his performance which makes what he says mindless drivel.

GoReds33
06-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Tim's too good of a pitcher to whine like this. He got beat, and that's the end of it. He should be focusing on his next start.

fadetoblack2880
06-02-2008, 02:19 AM
i wasn't impressed with tim hudson. i hope his hamstring rips in half...

Kingspoint
06-02-2008, 05:10 AM
I tend to think you can show class in any situation if you want to.

What's classless was every comment on the thread until I posted mine insuating that Tim Hudson is saying something that he isn't and saying that the Braves Suck, etc., when they have a better record than the REDS. Enthusiasm is fine, but painting a picture of the Braves as sucking or Tim Hudson as hating the REDS or being jealous of them is classless when he's actually just upset because he both got injured and he lost a game he thought he should have won. Tim Hudson usually beats the REDS, so losing to them is unusual for him. Your attempt at whatever it was you were trying to say is only hypocritical as you are doing exactly whatever it was you were trying to point out that you thought I was doing. It does take one to know one, I guess.

The REDS have a lot more to prove than the Braves. And as I said before everyone here was annointing them World Series Champions and that every other team in the World sucks and anyone who doesn't bow down to them is a classless loser, let's just wait and see if they can win more than one out of 3 road games. The veteran pitchers need to step it up on this road trip. The hitters have hit well on the road this year, but the pitchers have done poorly.

Keep your classless comments to yourself where they belong.

ChatterRed
06-02-2008, 08:42 AM
What's classless was every comment on the thread until I posted mine insuating that Tim Hudson is saying something that he isn't and saying that the Braves Suck, etc., when they have a better record than the REDS. Enthusiasm is fine, but painting a picture of the Braves as sucking or Tim Hudson as hating the REDS or being jealous of them is classless when he's actually just upset because he both got injured and he lost a game he thought he should have won. Tim Hudson usually beats the REDS, so losing to them is unusual for him. Your attempt at whatever it was you were trying to say is only hypocritical as you are doing exactly whatever it was you were trying to point out that you thought I was doing. It does take one to know one, I guess.

The REDS have a lot more to prove than the Braves. And as I said before everyone here was annointing them World Series Champions and that every other team in the World sucks and anyone who doesn't bow down to them is a classless loser, let's just wait and see if they can win more than one out of 3 road games. The veteran pitchers need to step it up on this road trip. The hitters have hit well on the road this year, but the pitchers have done poorly.

You may have something. I mean, the Braves are far better than the Reds at this point at 1 game over .500, while the Reds are a horrific 1 game under .500. I see your point. :rolleyes:

To the mods: Can you say, TROUBLEMAKER?

OUReds
06-02-2008, 08:48 AM

We're fans posting on an internet message board. Tim Hudson is a staff ace, representing his team, giving quotes to the media. There is a much different standard of conduct don't ya think?

Yeah he tweaked his hammy, yeah his team got swept, yeah they're frustrated. None of those things make his comments acceptable.

TheBigLebowski
06-02-2008, 09:57 AM

Stupid post. Hudson talked about Cueto being a guy who usually can't stop backing up 3rd base. That's all you need to read. This thread has nothing to do with the Reds successes vs. the Braves and I have no idea why you're trying to take it there.

smoke6
06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I have a classless comment about Huddie. I pitched against him in several summer tournaments in High School. He was a classless dick wad then and I see not much has changed. Here's to you Timmy. You only look like a big baby when you get smoked and then whine about it.

BurgervilleBuck
06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
He's bitter. He lost a game. I do (slightly) agree with him on his summation of Jay Bruce. This is still the kid's first week and he's made one heck of an impact. The Ted Williams comment should give us a second to sit back and think, yah, okay, a kid makes a big splash his first time in the pool.

Ghosts of 1990
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
awww don't cry timmy

bgwilly31
06-02-2008, 11:43 AM
i wish our players in general would get fired up after a loss like that.

But yeah timmeh is just pissed.