PDA

View Full Version : Lineup with injury depletions....

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Hopefully, Junior isn't going to be out long with his...whatever it is. But, if he is, then what? With Freel out and nobody wanting to see Patterson starting again anytime soon, what will our lineup look like tomorrow and for the immediate future?

I'm thinking Paul Janish gets a LOT of playing time. That will allow Jerry Hairston Jr. to move into the starting CF slot and Jay Bruce into the RF slot.

CF: Hairston Jr. (RH)
RF: Bruce (LH)
2B: Phillips (RH)
LF: Dunn (LH)
3B: Encarnacion (RH)
1B: Votto (LH)
SS: Janish (RH)
C: Ross/Bako/Valentine ... pick your poison
Pitchers spot

Umm...is it just me, or is that a great lineup? Solid offense throughout, the lefty/righty alternation Dusty adores, much better defensively. The problem that I see though is substitution later in the game. Who comes in? Heck, who's left? Andy Phillips, the catchers not playing. That's it. As much as I dread it, I'd say it's a certainty that Patterson is coming up. Hopefully he'll just be an emergency starter, pinch runner, pinch hitter (bunter), or defensive sub for Dunner. He's hitting now for the Bats, but does ANYBODY think that'll continue with the Reds? Not me.

Homer Bailey
06-04-2008, 01:19 AM
That would be great. However, you KNOW that either Janish or Patterson will be in the 1 or 2 spot tomorrow. You can take that to the bank.

NarrowStairs
06-04-2008, 03:01 AM
DICKERSON was pulled EARLY in the Bats' game on Tuesday night.

They did it with Janish when Keppinger went down.

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 10:15 AM

They did it with Janish when Keppinger went down.

Really? Interesting. If it IS Chris, I'll be quite surprised...and pleased.

Grande Donkey
06-04-2008, 11:21 AM

They did it with Janish when Keppinger went down.He was pulled before Freel got injured.

DeadRedinCT
06-04-2008, 12:12 PM
CF: Hairston Jr. (RH)
RF: Bruce (LH)
2B: Phillips (RH)
LF: Dunn (LH)
3B: Encarnacion (RH)
1B: Votto (LH)
SS: Janish (RH)
C: Ross/Bako/Valentine ... pick your poison
Pitchers spot

This ^^^ is the lineup I would use against LHPs.

Versus RHPs, I would do this:

Hairston cf
Bruce rf
Dunn lf
Encarnacion 3b
Votto 1b
Phillips 2b
catcher
Janish ss
pitcher

Phillips has only a .725 OPS versus RHPs this season. Edwin is not much better (.765 OPS versus RHP), but has a higher slugging pct (.473 vs .422). I guess you could always triple-stack the lefties when the Reds face a RHP.

schmidty622
06-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Has anyone heard an update on when Kepp could be back? I've heard he has been running and taking infield practice. Could he be back soon, like within a week or so?

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
He was pulled before Freel got injured.

But that could mean they were going to bring him up for Griffey.

Or they're moving him to make room on the 40 man for Homer.

I guess we'll find out today.