PDA

View Full Version : Who gets called up today?

gobucks106
06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
With Freel pulling his hamstring and most likely going to the DL who gets called up? I heard Dickerson was pulled from Louisville'sgame last night after Freel got hurt. If you check out the box score he only had one AB. Also noticed Patterson was the DH and went 3 for 5 raising his average to .409, any chance the front office has the balls to bring up Dickerson over Patterson?

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, there's a few things to consider. First, Dickerson was pulled from the Louisville game BEFORE Freel got injured. So that hints that it was a pre-determined move. I see two reasons for him being pulled. Either they're moving him (via trade or release or whatever) to make room on the 40-man roster for the Bailey call-up (that spot for him STILL hasn't been arranged yet). Or they were planning on calling him up in case they had to move Junior to the DL. Either way, they'll be doing something with him today.

They already moved up BJ Syzmanski to Louisville earlier today (or late yesterday...not sure which).

Cicero
06-04-2008, 12:21 PM
I hate to see anyone injured but if there is a silver lining to all the injuries it is that young guys get a shot and some valuable experience.

I hear Jaun Castro is available. :D

gobucks106
06-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Bailey is already on the 40 man roster!

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Sorry, I meant the active roster.

shredda2000
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
It looks like Patterson just got called up...

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 01:01 PM
From the Reds:

TODAY'S TRANSACTIONS: Today the Reds placed on the 15-day disabled list IF/OF Ryan Freel (strained right hamstring) and recalled from Class AAA Louisville OF Corey Patterson (#23)...Freel and LHP Kent Mercker (lower back pain) are scheduled to be examined in Cincinnati later this week...Patterson began the season with the Reds and hit .200 in 45g and 29 starts before he was optioned to Louisville last Wednesday to make room on the roster for Andy Phillips...for the Bats Patterson hit safely in 4 of his 5 apps and produced a 2-hit game and two 3-hit games (9-22, .409, 2 2b, 1sb).

bgwilly31
06-04-2008, 01:12 PM
wooohoooo.

at least were using the 3 million now. :thumbdown

I wonder if they immediately put him in the starting line-up.

Can somebody answer me this.

Does Andy phillips play other positions than 3b?

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Actually, he plays first the most.

bubbachunk
06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I think Andy can play some outfield but is more likely suited for LF if he were to so that limits some options

Homer Bailey
06-04-2008, 01:23 PM
So Patterson will be leading off tonight. I really did think it was over.

bgwilly31
06-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Actually, he plays first the most.

Thats too bad. He's stuck as a back-up. Really i think he was called up just to light a fire under EE's ass.

So Patterson will be leading off tonight. I really did think it was over.

Say it isnt so.

I hope they at least are smart enough to leave hairston at that spot.

If Patterson must be in the line-up.

Than here we go

Hairston
bruce
Dunn
BP
EE
Votto
patterson
bako

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Actually, I'm hoping that Patterson isn't even IN the starting lineup. If Griff's still out, then I'd go with...

Hairston CF
Bruce RF
Dunn LF
Votto 1B
Phillips 2B
Encarnacion 3B
Janish SS
Ross C

I just think that not only makes us solid offensively, but VERY good defensively. Yeah, Patterson is good defensively in center, but if he is there then Hairston is most likely at SS and that hurts us. Hairston & Janish is a MUCH better combo IMO.

Krovvy Red
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Since I can't start a new thread yet, is someone going to start a thread for the draft (or have they already? can't find it)?

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Minor league forum. There are a ton of them. Good reading too.

Homer Bailey
06-04-2008, 01:58 PM
It'll be in the minor league forum tomorrow.

Krovvy Red
06-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh, thanks guys. Stupid me didn't even think to look there

schmidty622
06-04-2008, 02:12 PM
You guys are so crazy, don't you know that it is physically impossible for a CF or a SS to bat anywhere but 1 or 2 in the lineup? I mean if they bat lower its like a guaranteed loss.

bgwilly31
06-04-2008, 02:27 PM
You guys are so crazy, don't you know that it is physically impossible for a CF or a SS to bat anywhere but 1 or 2 in the lineup? I mean if they bat lower its like a guaranteed loss.

-dusty baker

Thanks dusty;)

bgwilly31
06-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Actually, I'm hoping that Patterson isn't even IN the starting lineup. If Griff's still out, then I'd go with...

Hairston CF
Bruce RF
Dunn LF
Votto 1B
Phillips 2B
Encarnacion 3B
Janish SS
Ross C

I just think that not only makes us solid offensively, but VERY good defensively. Yeah, Patterson is good defensively in center, but if he is there then Hairston is most likely at SS and that hurts us. Hairston & Janish is a MUCH better combo IMO.

what has votto done more than phillips lately.

I believe he's somewhere in the ball park of 3 for his last 16

I dont think he should be put in the 4 spot. He hasnt earned the right to be there.

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Either Votto or Edwin need to be in the 4 slot. Neither of them change their approach at the plate when they're in the cleanup spot. Brandon does. He clearly tries to go for the long ball more often when hitting 4th. That spot is VERY ill-suited for him. Typically you want your powerhitter there and that means Dunner. But his poor contact rate makes him ill suited for there too. Plus his OBP should be higher in the order. I'm tempted to give Jay a shot at the cleanup spot, but he's been so successful hitting 2nd that I'm hesitant to move him out of it...at least for now.

levydl
06-04-2008, 03:31 PM
what has votto done more than phillips lately.

I believe he's somewhere in the ball park of 3 for his last 16

I dont think he should be put in the 4 spot. He hasnt earned the right to be there.

Votto's hit the ball hard several times in this series already, with little to show for it. Utley's made at least 2 spectacular plays to rob him of hits.

Phillips is just frustrating as all hell at the plate. With a righty throwing, I wouldn't mind seeing him down a little in the order. It, of course, won't happen though.

Jack Burton
06-04-2008, 05:32 PM
We just can't get rid of this bum, bonehead move.