PDA

View Full Version : Bailey to meet his match vs. Hamels

ChatterRed
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I remember reading a quote last year by Homer saying how it was hard watching other young pitchers in the minors getted called up before him and Hamels was one of them, I think.

We'll see how he fares, since he thinks he should have been up at the same time as Hamels.

schmidty622
06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Homer is going to meet his maker tomorrow.

Fullboat
06-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Is this game going to be on TV?

BEETTLEBUG
06-04-2008, 10:57 PM
NO

gilpdawg
06-04-2008, 10:58 PM
The Reds will win tomorrow. It's a reverse lock. It's when the matchup seems like such a mismatch that it goes the other way.

DTCromer
06-04-2008, 11:01 PM
The Reds will win tomorrow. It's a reverse lock. It's when the matchup seems like such a mismatch that it goes the other way.

If we win, it'll be a high-scoring game. No way Homer gives up <5 runs tomorrow.

BUT, Hamels has looked bad since Manuel let Cole pitch two consecutive starts amounting to 240 total pitches.

We have a chance.

Blue
06-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Lets all root against him because he hurts Hal McCoy's feelings.

ChatterRed
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm rooting for him to succeed because I want the Reds to win.

But I will laugh at him if he gets rocked badly because he (Homer) seems to think he has already made it as a major league pitcher and the Reds owe it to him to keep him up here.

I will laugh at people on this board who have proclaimed him the next Nolan Ryan.

Ghosts of 1990
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Bailey will hold his own tomorrow but be outdone. We cant hit lefties and Dusty wont sit patterson for the Janish, Phillips (andy), Hairston combo he should

Blue
06-05-2008, 12:43 AM
But I will laugh at him if he gets rocked badly because he (Homer) seems to think he has already made it as a major league pitcher and the Reds owe it to him to keep him up here.

You seem to laugh at inappropriate times. Is this perhaps your true identity?

http://www.rob-clarkson.com/duff-brewery/hibbert/05.gif

There's not really any reason to think that what you say is actually the case. You can take appearances and assign to them whatever you wish.

aerontg
06-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Blue Ash, what was that supposed to mean? :confused:

ChatterRed
06-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Blue Ash, what was that supposed to mean? :confused:

I'm with you. Clarity is something he lacks.

TDHND
06-05-2008, 10:50 AM
where's the faith? i feel a lot better having him as the #5 instead of Fogg or Belisle

CySeymour
06-05-2008, 11:27 AM
where's the faith? i feel a lot better having him as the #5 instead of Fogg or Belisle

I agree. Even if he doesn't do any better right now, with him in there at least there is hope for a huge upside.

Now, don't they still need to make a move before the game? My guess is Herrera gets sent back.

Dunnateher
06-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Amen, Bailey has justified, err Fogg and Belise haven't, the right to start tonight

TheBigLebowski
06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
If you've never watched the Simpsons I feel sorry for you. That reference was crystal clear.

All this anti-Homer crap is ridiculous. I hope he makes you all look very stupid.

redsfanmia
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm rooting for him to succeed because I want the Reds to win.

I will laugh at people on this board who have proclaimed him the next Nolan Ryan.

Did David kick your dog or something? Are you really Hal McCoy?

gilpdawg
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
No way Homer gives up <5 runs tomorrow.

So, you got those lotto numbers for me?:D

Blue
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm with you. Clarity is something he lacks.

That's funny, because you responded to something that wasn't clear at all. He said "Blue Ash" which is not my name, but is where you live.

You on the other hand have made it very clear that you have absolutely no ability to analyze baseball. Gut feelings, vendettas (other people's vendettas at that, which is just psychotic), attention to things that don't matter. Maybe you could get a job covering the team in the local media.

Jr's Boy
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Only on Redzone will you find people who actually root against the Reds players succeeding.Why not put Hal on the mound?A lot of people here seem to live and die by what he says.

DTCromer
06-05-2008, 06:04 PM
So, you got those lotto numbers for me?:D

Is it me or did Homer give up 5 runs today?

HeatherC1212
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Is it me or did Homer give up 5 runs today?

He did give up runs but only two of them were earned. The Reds defense did him no favors today but it sounds like he pitched relatively well. Good for him! :)

DTCromer
06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
He did give up runs but only two of them were earned. The Reds defense did him no favors today but it sounds like he pitched relatively well. Good for him! :)

I understand the 3 unearned runs but he also let a .221 catcher reach base twice and he ended up scoring both times.

All in all, still a good day for Homer. His throwing error was dumb and a rookie mistake and I can accept that. He pitched better than I expected, but his low strikeout total bothers me. If he pitches like this the rest of the year, I'd be very pleased. I just want him to pitch like a 5th starter because I doubt we'll see that much better out of him. So far, so good.

ChatterRed
06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Phil Dumatrait managed to look like Cy Young. Every dog finds a bone every once in awhile.

Hondo
06-06-2008, 10:47 AM
The one thing that bothers me most about some posts here, is that after Belisle pitched well in one start where he went 7 IP and allowed 2 ER, alot of people were all enamored with him. Then when he fell apart in his next start, the same people were like well, he pitched good 2 starts ago... so he should deserve another start... (What???????)

I was one of the poeple who though Belisle mystery start was just a "gift" and that the Real Belisle would return and I was right...

Why don't we all give Homer some Respect... He went out there against a Great offense last night and gave up less hits than Innings Pitched... And only 2 ER... The guy deserves some credit because he actually has Talent to build on... Belisle is nothing more than a middle reliever... Homer is a guy that might give up 4ER in 5 IP every now and then, but his Potential to be a 200 Inning guy with 15 Wins is what makes me get excited!

If all you can do is ridicule the guy for not striking out enough Hitters... Come on... We need Homer to contend this season... I hope he stays with the team the rest of the year and wins 12-14 games which is totally possible if he continues to pitch Quality Starts, this team plays some D, and the Offense decides to wake up...

Go Reds, and most Importantly... Congratulations Homer!