PDA

View Full Version : Split or lose this series tomorrow...

HumnHilghtFreel
06-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Either way, I've come away pretty darn impressed with this pitching staff.

This Phillies team had just come off a stretch in which they scored 48 runs in only four games.

The Reds have held them to just 8 runs through three games, 2.6 runs per. I know that they lost two of those, but I feel that is a huge testament to this pitching staff as opposed to where it has been in the recent past.

I don't really have a lot more to add, I just felt like a thread like this should be made in appreciation.

redsrule2500
06-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Honestly, the first two games were hard fought and could have gone either way. They were impressive, frustrating losses. The Reds are right up there with the Phillies on the road thus far in this series, and a series split tomorrow would be great.

Ravenlord
06-05-2008, 05:56 AM
i have been impressed by the Reds pitching as well, i thought last night was a must win game (thank God we did). I'm hoping that they some how manage to blow Cole Hammels out of the water tomorrow.

since Hammels is starting, i imagine we'll see Janish at short and Hairston in center. (?)

bucksfan2
06-05-2008, 10:46 AM
i have been impressed by the Reds pitching as well, i thought last night was a must win game (thank God we did). I'm hoping that they some how manage to blow Cole Hammels out of the water tomorrow.

since Hammels is starting, i imagine we'll see Janish at short and Hairston in center. (?)

Patterson will start over Bruce in CF, Hariston in RF and Andy Phillips will start over Votto at 1b.

Edskin
06-05-2008, 11:06 AM
The Reds are going to finish over .500 for the year-- maybe not by much and maybe not enough to get into SERIOUS contention, but we will have a winning record this year-- and we won't be doing it with smoke and mirrors. The staff is legit and should only get better.