PDA

View Full Version : Dunn

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Soo again I ask.. why is dunn getting paid soo much? he was trying to give bases away last night.. and then during the hit and run he pulls up after 2 steps and just watches as he lolligags toward second to get tagged out.. sorry but his effort is terrible.. and for how much he gets paid he is nowhere near that value.. his contract would be better spent on a GG caliber 2b that we have..

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Soo again I ask.. why is dunn getting paid soo much? he was trying to give bases away last night.. and then during the hit and run he pulls up after 2 steps and just watches as he lolligags toward second to get tagged out.. sorry but his effort is terrible.. and for how much he gets paid he is nowhere near that value.. his contract would be better spent on a GG caliber 2b that we have..

You mean that same GG 2B that has lines like this against righties:

.252 .303 .417 .721

FYI, even though he tears up LH-er's he only faces them less than 30% of the time...

He needs to be platooned against righties - which is 70% of the time. Yet you think HE should be paid $12M per year?

GREAT ANALYSIS!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Ignorance! The batter swings and misses on a hit and run and its his fault? And give away bases... are you serious?!

What about the GG caliber 2nd baseman costing the Reds a chance to win on Tuesday because of his double plays in the 7th and 9th? Phillips lolligags everytime he hits a hard grounder that results in a DP.

Your effort is terrible, because you have to sit around a wait for him to make a mistake (which all players do) so you can jump on Redszone and make a post.

levydl
06-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Why are we hitting and running with Dunn on 1st anyway!!! Dusty thinks that because he has the power to make moves that he has to do something.

Dunn has been carrying this team for a month now. But he didn't hustle to 2nd on a busted play that would have resulted in an out either way, so he's terrible. Way to have some perspective.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
the same GG 2b that can hit a fastball.. did you do your homework like I said.. and watch him against a pure fastball pitcher? he can't do it.. he needs a hanger to get his stats.. and yes his dropping of fly balls have been big errors in both of the last 2 games which he did it.. and almost cost us the game both times..

GG caliber 30/30 2b with a great bat and the best fastball hitter on our team..
or a guy who hits 40 homers, but (NO SARCASM), his defense is worse than most legion ball outfielders..

I am not saying BPhill is worth 12 mil.. but I would rather overpay for him than for Adam Dunn..

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Why are we hitting and running with Dunn on 1st anyway!!! Dusty thinks that because he has the power to make moves that he has to do something.

Dunn has been carrying this team for a month now. But he didn't hustle to 2nd on a busted play that would have resulted in an out either way, so he's terrible. Way to have some perspective.

he's terrible because he simply cant do almost any fundamental to the point where he should be at for his salary.. if he was making 5 mil a year I would love his contribution.. but for his salary.. he better be as good at hitting as manny ramirez.. or at least be good on defense.. unfortunately it is neither of those..

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
A hit and run is not a straight steal. You are not getting the lead or the jump that you would get when trying to steal a bag. Also, you are supposed to watch the batter so you can find the ball once it is hit. Dunn took off and was about 2/3 of the to 2nd base when Rollins caught the ball. We all know that Dunn isn't quick and he's not going to out run Rollins in a short sprint. So my questions are why is Dusty hitting and running with Vott and Dunn (a swing and miss player and a slow player)? And why is it Dunn's fault that Votto didn't make contact?

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:16 AM
he's terrible because he simply cant do almost any fundamental to the point where he should be at for his salary.. if he was making 5 mil a year I would love his contribution.. but for his salary.. he better be as good at hitting as manny ramirez.. or at least be good on defense.. unfortunately it is neither of those..

Once again, why do you care about salary? Dunn is getting paid big buck because he does things that most players cannot do... He hits HRs, he gets on base at .385 clip every year, he scores runs, and he drives in runs. Speed is not part of Dunn's game and Dusty shouldn't try to make it part of his game. Just like power isn't part of BP's game... when he's trying to hit for power he becomes a below average hitter.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
A hit and run is not a straight steal. You are not getting the lead or the jump that you would get when trying to steal a bag. Also, you are supposed to watch the batter so you can find the ball once it is hit. Dunn took off and was about 2/3 of the to 2nd base when Rollins caught the ball. We all know that Dunn isn't quick and he's not going to out run Rollins in a short sprint. So my questions are why is Dusty hitting and running with Vott and Dunn (a swing and miss player and a slow player)? And why is it Dunn's fault that Votto didn't make contact?

Not his fault but I would much rather him go full speed and get tossed out trying to straight steal on the whiff than just pulling up halfway while the pitcher is just about to release it.. and watching it go while he jogs to second.. sorry but even if votto hits anything.. with dunn going to second it has to fall as a hit.. otherwise with his lack of speed he is doubled off.. soo dusty was obviously willing to gamble that out.. unfortunately dunn didnt realize by going full out he might have improved dustys chance of return even ever so slightly..

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Once again, why do you care about salary? Dunn is getting paid big buck because he does things that most players cannot do... He hits HRs, he gets on base at .385 clip every year, he scores runs, and he drives in runs. Speed is not part of Dunn's game and Dusty shouldn't try to make it part of his game. Just like power isn't part of BP's game... when he's trying to hit for power he becomes a below average hitter.

and dunn isnt a below average hitter when he swings for the fences? oh my..

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
the same GG 2b that can hit a fastball.. did you do your homework like I said.. and watch him against a pure fastball pitcher? he can't do it.. he needs a hanger to get his stats.. and yes his dropping of fly balls have been big errors in both of the last 2 games which he did it.. and almost cost us the game both times..

GG caliber 30/30 2b with a great bat and the best fastball hitter on our team..
or a guy who hits 40 homers, but (NO SARCASM), his defense is worse than most legion ball outfielders..

I am not saying BPhill is worth 12 mil.. but I would rather overpay for him than for Adam Dunn..

You were proven wrong on this fastball pitcher stuff last time you brought this crap up! Dunn hits a higher percentage of HRs against power pitchers than the likes of Manny, Papi, Pujols, and Berkman.

You need to say that you don't like Dunn. Will never like Dunn. No matter what he does you will never like Dunn. This would make more sense than what you are saying now.

captainmorgan07
06-05-2008, 10:19 AM
No where else in baseball can you find a guy like dunn. 40 hrs 100 runs 100 rbi's and 100 walks. So what if he strikes out 100 times ryan howard does that pretty regularly to and he won the mvp. You don't need a gold glove left fielder. Let's just run down the list and see who's actually and above average fielder. Lee in Houston no, Manny in Boston heck no, Bay in Pittsburgh yes, Braun no, Soriano heck no, about the only one i can think of that is gold glove caliber is Carl Crawford.

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:20 AM
and dunn isnt a below average hitter when he swings for the fences? oh my..

Dunn doesn't swing for the fences... His normal swing provides HR power. Dunn is a below average contact hitter... but his contact provides more production than any other Red.

Slyder
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Or everyone else could do like I have and ignore him and he will go away.

Ignore is a wonderful thing.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
nope he doesnt hit fastballs.. just watch a game.. just because his stats against power pitchers are better than those guys.. doesnt mean that he hits their fastballs.. WATCH HIM.. please.. unless it is a 2-0 or 3-1 fastball where he is sitting dead red.. the guy can't hit it..

I would love dunn if he made less and freed up money for players who could contribute more to this team.. carl crawford at his salary would be great.. but for dunns skill set he is not worth that money..

keep paying dunn that money.. and keep seeing guys walk away as they get older because we can't afford them..

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:23 AM
No where else in baseball can you find a guy like dunn. 40 hrs 100 runs 100 rbi's and 100 walks. So what if he strikes out 100 times ryan howard does that pretty regularly to and he won the mvp. You don't need a gold glove left fielder. Let's just run down the list and see who's actually and above average fielder. Lee in Houston no, Manny in Boston heck no, Bay in Pittsburgh yes, Braun no, Soriano heck no, about the only one i can think of that is gold glove caliber is Carl Crawford.

I was gonna say Crawford, Damon (bad arm though), and Byrnes are about the only +outfielders that play LF>

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Or everyone else could do like I have and ignore him and he will go away.

I thought this was a forum.. not first grade.. you go to forums to hear other peoples opinions, and get other insight..

OUReds
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
nope he doesnt hit fastballs.. just watch a game.. just because his stats against power pitchers are better than those guys.. doesnt mean that he hits their fastballs.. WATCH HIM.. please.. unless it is a 2-0 or 3-1 fastball where he is sitting dead red.. the guy can't hit it..

I would love dunn if he made less and freed up money for players who could contribute more to this team.. carl crawford at his salary would be great.. but for dunns skill set he is not worth that money..

keep paying dunn that money.. and keep seeing guys walk away as they get older because we can't afford them..

So Dunn is better when hitting from ahead in the count?

Dynamite analysis.

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM

You're argument is hilarious! 2-0 and 3-1 is a fastball count! Besides Dunn doesn't get challenged with good fastballs... Look at how Lidge pitched to him, nothing but sliders and splitters. The only fastballs Dunn sees are in on his hands off the plate. But you are saying that stats mean nothing and your eyes tell everything you need to know about Dunn's hitting? As far as his skill set and the money... the free agent market the last few years says that his skill set is worth the money. I would hate to think that someone that leads the Reds in HRs, RBIs, Runs, BBs, OBP, and OPS every year doesn't contribute to this team.

What about Phillips? Why aren't you on him for not being able to hit a breaking ball away?

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I was gonna say Crawford, Damon (bad arm though), and Byrnes are about the only +outfielders that play LF>

you honestly think manny isnt as good as dunn.. it is about a wash if ANYTHING..

Just to name a few.....

Soriano is much better fielder..
Crawford.. 1000 times better..
Byrnes.. much better..
Pat Burrell.. much better fielder..
Jaque Jones.. Much better fielder..
Shannon Stewart.. much better fielder..
Garret Anderson.. much better fielder..
Freddy Lewis.. better fielder.. not by much though..
Juan Pierre.. much better fielder..
Ryan Braun.. better as a Left fielder.. abissmal as a 3b..

and those are the ones that come to my head..

soo there is alot more +outfielders over dunn.. in LF

we are just talking fielding here..

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
You're argument is hilarious! 2-0 and 3-1 is a fastball count! Besides Dunn doesn't get challenged with good fastballs... Look at how Lidge pitched to him, nothing but sliders and splitters. The only fastballs Dunn sees are in on his hands off the plate. But you are saying that stats mean nothing and your eyes tell everything you need to know about Dunn's hitting? As far as his skill set and the money... the free agent market the last few years says that his skill set is worth the money. I would hate to think that someone that leads the Reds in HRs, RBIs, Runs, BBs, OBP, and OPS every year doesn't contribute to this team.

What about Phillips? Why aren't you on him for not being able to hit a breaking ball away?

to be completely honest he is improving in that facet.. he has started to show a tendancy to be able to stay away from those pitches.. and he doesnt make as much money as dunn.. also not many on here talk about phillips being as "saviouresque" as they do with Dunn..

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Why does it matter how much money a player makes? Dunn's money and talents is not holding this team back.

Soriano is better but he sucks
Crawford is better
Byrnes is better
Burrell is no better than Dunn
Is Jacque Jones playing? I guess he's better and he's a former CF and RF
Shannon Stewart is/was fast but he is not a good outfielder
Garrett Anderson was a better outfielder, I would bet Dunn has more range at this point
Freddy Lewis is fast and thats it
I guess Pierre is better but he is a below average outfielder
Ryan Braun is no way, no how a better outfielder than Dunn

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Why does it matter how much money a player makes? Dunn's money and talents is not holding this team back.

Soriano is better but he sucks
Crawford is better
Byrnes is better
Burrell is no better than Dunn
Is Jacque Jones playing? I guess he's better and he's a former CF and RF
Shannon Stewart is/was fast but he is not a good outfielder
Garrett Anderson was a better outfielder, I would bet Dunn has more range at this point
Freddy Lewis is fast and thats it
I guess Pierre is better but he is a below average outfielder
Ryan Braun is no way, no how a better outfielder than Dunn

your assessment especially the one in bold show me you deep down also believe dunn is bottom of the barrel... I never said they were great.. but in comparison to dunn....

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Pierre is and above average LF in terms of range. But he was below average in CF. If Dunn played CF or RF, he would be the worst in the game. But he doesn't play there, he plays LF... the position every teams worst outfileder plays. It is not an important defensive position. If you took any of the other guys on that list besides CC and EB they would be terrible in Center or Right. Remember how bad Soriano was in CF? He's a terrible outfileder.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 10:56 AM
yeah but dunn being the bottom of the LF barrel says he is way below average in OF..

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I know he's a below average OF, but he's not a below average LF. He is not at the bottom of the LF barrel. He's as good or better than Burrell, Lee, Braun, Bay, Chris Duncan (the worst), Alou, Wily Mo, and I also think Soriano is garbage in LF.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I beg to differ.. Bay, Braun, Burrell and Soriano are all better in LF.. if for nothing else their speed makes them better.. even if it is minimal..

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 11:30 AM
GG caliber 30/30 2b with a great bat

WOW are you short-sighted. Make a note to look me up next time BP hits 30HR's. I'm going to be waiting waiting A LONG TIME.

and the best fastball hitter on our team..

unless it's against Right-Handed pitching (70% of the time). Do YOUR homework Sally!! There's about 7 guys that do it better on this team - 9 if and when Keppiner and Agon were on the roster - and even more from last year.

You're bragging about a guy who can only out-slug the catchers and Ryan Freel on a regular basis, and Corey Patterson only because he's in the worst slump of his career, because his career numbers are actually better - BWAHAHA!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Gunner44
06-05-2008, 11:35 AM
ahhhorsepoo, do u ever bring anything besides pure hatred for dunn on this board? its just about the only thing u post about

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
ahhhorsepoo, do u ever bring anything besides pure hatred for dunn on this board? its just about the only thing u post about

I post about plenty more.. jsut so happens that alot of people on thins board are drinking the adaum dunn koolaid and I am trying to ween them off of that vice..

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 11:46 AM
WOW are you short-sighted. Make a note to look me up next time BP hits 30HR's. I'm going to be waiting waiting A LONG TIME.

unless it's against Right-Handed pitching (70% of the time). Do YOUR homework Sally!! There's about 7 guys that do it better on this team - 9 if and when Keppiner and Agon were on the roster - and even more from last year.

You're bragging about a guy who can only out-slug the catchers and Ryan Freel on a regular basis, and Corey Patterson only because he's in the worst slump of his career, because his career numbers are actually better - BWAHAHA!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

he's on pace for really close to that right now..
with 90 rbis and 90 runs.. and a GG or at least should get one.. utley and hudson are both at 6 or more errors on the year..

Nasty_Boy
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Errors have nothing to do with the GG... It is an arbitrary vote that normally goes to the guy that has won it in years past

Gunner44
06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
id have to say that its pretty good koolaid. so if 30 bombs, 90 rbis, and 90 runs is so good for phillips(with which i agree). How is 44 hr, 110, rbis, and 90 runs for dunn so bad?

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
because he also plays defense.... sorry but from a purely business prospective(which is what baseball is).. your output to dollar ratio is terrible for dunn, compared to that of phillips..

OUReds
06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
You are aware that.....

A. Phillips is already signed to a long term contract through 2012

B. Phillips is cheaper then Dunn only because the current contract is buying out his arbitration years

C. Having both Dunn and Phillips in the line up together is a GOOD thing, and are not mutually exclusive

right?

OUReds
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
because he also plays defense.... sorry but from a purely business prospective(which is what baseball is).. your output to dollar ratio is terrible for dunn, compared to that of phillips..

Uurgh, Phillips is cheaper because he is not a free agent, you must understand that right? once his current contract is up, he will command as much if not more then Dunn.

LF is where you stick bats. Arguing which of the bad outfielders are worst out there is semantics at its finest.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
they will be mutually exclusive if dunn sings a deal longer than 5 years.. soo will keeping bruce, votto, volquez, cueto, bailey, janish, kepp, hopper, bray... should i keep going? dunn is simply too expensive.. for his price you could get another 30 homer outfielder.. and a great young arm for the bullpen.. heck look at the deal braun got in milwaukee..

8 years 45 mil.. his defense is a wash with dunn.. but in all honesty he is a much better ab.. or if you think he is a wash(which i disagree with, you see it as a wash at D and at offense..).. and you see dunn is simply getting paid way too much..

OUReds
06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
The deal Braun got with Milwaukee bought all his arbitration years, and one non arbitration year. Comparing his contract with Dunn, who is obviously well past his arbitration years, is comparing apples with oranges.

With respect, this is baseball 101 here.

I'm interested in your ideas of exactly which 30 HR outfielder that costs less money then Dunn could be aquired in Cincy without damaging our chance to compete in 2009-20011.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:05 PM
The deal Braun got with Milwaukee bought all his arbitration years, and one non arbitration years. Comparing his contract with Dunn, who is obviously well past his arbitration years, is comparing apples with oranges.

With respect, this is baseball 101 here.

at least you say it without telling me i am dumb and such.. and making it personal attacks, which noone else ever gets suspended or warned for apparently.. but I was under the impression though that it was 3 or 4 years past his arb..

OUReds
06-05-2008, 12:09 PM
This is Ryan Braun's first full year in the majors. He was called up right about this time last year to avoid super two status, just like Bruce this year.

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
you honestly think manny isnt as good as dunn.. it is about a wash if ANYTHING..

Just to name a few.....

Soriano is much better fielder..
Crawford.. 1000 times better..
Byrnes.. much better..
Pat Burrell.. much better fielder..
Jaque Jones.. Much better fielder..
Shannon Stewart.. much better fielder..
Garret Anderson.. much better fielder..
Freddy Lewis.. better fielder.. not by much though..
Juan Pierre.. much better fielder..
Ryan Braun.. better as a Left fielder.. abissmal as a 3b..

and those are the ones that come to my head..

soo there is alot more +outfielders over dunn.. in LF

we are just talking fielding here..

There are so many holes in these statements, it makes Swiss Cheese look solid; I'm not sure I have the time or patience to get through this without being able to see through my tears of laughter, it's simply not worth it...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
This is Ryan Braun's first full year in the majors. He was called up right about this time last year to avoid super two status, just like Bruce this year.

so isnt it 3 extra years? because player arbitration is from 3 to 6 years of service.. and he has 8 more years.. soo 8 plus his one from last year.. is 9 years total.. and minus the 6 for the last year of arbitration puts him at 3...

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
he's on pace for really close to that right now..
with 90 rbis and 90 runs.. and a GG or at least should get one.. utley and hudson are both at 6 or more errors on the year..

No comment on the other issue, which is the more important one, eh?!?!?

Is your car a Charger, a Ram or a Daytona?!?!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Nasty_Boy
You mentioned Hopper! :laugh:

Ahhhorsepoo
There are so many holes in these statements, it makes Swiss Cheese look solid; I'm not sure I have the time or patience to get through this without being able to see through my tears of laughter, it's simply not worth it...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

soo many holes?! you have got to be kidding.. the lack of factual base on this being wrong is what REALLY has soo many holes..

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
You mentioned Hopper! :laugh:

he can be a helpful player off the bench.. and if we deal with him like we did freel.. that is money taken up by him from other contracts..

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
No comment on the other issue, which is the more important one, eh?!?!?

Is your car a Charger, a Ram or a Daytona?!?!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I don't even know what you are talking about there..

OUReds
06-05-2008, 12:18 PM
so isnt it 3 extra years? because player arbitration is from 3 to 6 years of service.. and he has 8 more years.. soo 8 plus his one from last year.. is 9 years total.. and minus the 6 for the last year of arbitration puts him at 3...

His contract buys out two years of actual free agency, year 7 and 8. discounting super two status, partial service years do not count. Essentially (again other then determining super two status) you always round service time down.

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 12:19 PM
dunn is simply too expensive..

dunn is simply getting paid way too much..

Ahhh, back to the only argument you can make after all the Production arguments have been proven to be hogwash (or horsepoo).

Forgetting however, that this argument has already been proven to be a complete and utter falsehood. We aren't the Montreal Expos. We have been in the upper half of MLB Payroll for some time now, and will probably be at $90M+ Payroll before 2010, and probably at $100M soon thereafter, we can easily keep Dunn AND sign all the young guys for the next 4-5 years without even blinking an eye, etc, etc, etc...

We are currently St. Louis Junior, and soon enough Junior is going to be bigger than Pops...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:19 PM
ok.. but still he is a ton cheaper and they locked him up early..

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't even know what you are talking about there..

I wouldn't guess so...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
For some time now.. lets see..

2008 our payroll is 18 out of 30.. that does not equal top half..
2007 our payroll was 20 out of 30.. that does not equal top half..
2006 our payroll was 22 out of 30.. that does not equal top half..
2005 our payroll was 18 out of 30.. that does not equal top half..
2004 our payroll was 24 out of 30.. that does not equal top half..

I hope you realize your arguement is the real horsepoo, and quit trying to just use made up facts to back up your opinion.. fortunately for the rest of us.. the stats are not what you say.. so we should all know not to listen to you.. at least my opinions go on real stats.. not ones i make up..

I would rather have a 30/30 caliber(GG defensive) guy than a 40 plus homer guy (who can't play D)...(just an example of using my OPINION that is based on fact, not stating wrong facts to make an opinion)..

Va Red Fan
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Dunn is an incredibly valuable player. He gets the job done. If it wasn't for #44, the Reds would have one of the worst records in the ML. You don't have to be a fan, but there are few players who can do what he does.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Dunn is an incredibly valuable player. He gets the job done. If it wasn't for #44, the Reds would have one of the worst records in the ML. You don't have to be a fan, but there are few players who can do what he does.

just saying the money that he will command will be better spent elsewhere on a small market NL team.. not disagreeing that his power is rare.. jsut at the cost for this team.. not worth it..

levydl
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Manny Ramirez got an 8 year $160,000,000 deal. How is that close to Dunn's salary?

And are hitting and getting on base and scoring runs and working the count not fundamentals? He gets on base more than anyone on our team, sees more pitches than anyone on our team, drives in more runs than anyone on our team, and hits more HRs than anyone on our team.

levydl
06-05-2008, 12:49 PM
just saying the money that he will command will be better spent elsewhere on a small market NL team.. not disagreeing that his power is rare.. jsut at the cost for this team.. not worth it..

How will it be spent better elsewhere? Which FA are we going to sign with Griff and Dunn's money?

mound_patrol
06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I think this guy just likes to aggitate people. He obviously doesn't have a solid grasp on baseball. Anyone that has played the game past 8th grade knows the fundamentals of a hit and run, and know what Dunn did was right.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I think this guy just likes to aggitate people. He obviously doesn't have a solid grasp on baseball. Anyone that has played the game past 8th grade knows the fundamentals of a hit and run, and know what Dunn did was right.

didn't play past 8th grade? you have no idea what you are talking about.. I LOVE DUNN for 6-8 mil a year.. but 13 mil is way way way way too much.. thats what i said.. A hit and run with a slow person is run alot differently than it is for a speedy guy.. a speedy guy can look back and such.. but a big fat slow base clogger has to run it out a little harder.. The personal attacks because you disagree with my opinion are frankly getting really annoying.. REALLY ANNOYING.. all i am saying is we pay him too much.. I will not respond to your personal attack with my own.. but I will say your opinion is just opinion.. you dont have to agree with anyone.. but to think you have big cajones and want to say someone else on here has never played past 8th grade.. My knowledge of baseball is far deeper than more than 99% of the population.. so please dont tell me i know nothing.. just because I have the old school defense matters attitude doesnt mean that i have no idea what i am talking about..

BLEEDS
06-05-2008, 07:24 PM
you have no idea what you are talking about.. I LOVE DUNN for 6-8 mil a year..

you can't make stuff up like this, instant classic.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Nasty_Boy
06-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Uncle Carl brainwashed a lot of people with this small market BS... FSN is making the Reds tons of money, they signed a new radio deal, they get about 20 million in revenue sharing from the Yanks and Sox...They have 13 free agents next season, not to mention some of the bad contracts coming off the books. The young guys are still a few years from arbitration, so its plenty easy to sign to a 3-4-5 year deal and then pay the young guys when they're a year or so away from free agency.

durl
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
...I would rather have a 30/30 caliber(GG defensive) guy than a 40 plus homer guy (who can't play D)...(just an example of using my OPINION that is based on fact, not stating wrong facts to make an opinion)..

Dunn has averaged 8 errors per season since 2004. In 2007, he committed 6.

For Dunn to be an average OF, he'd have to cut his errors by about 4 each season. His error count this year may mean that he'd have to cut it by 5.

Looking at that potential impact, I don't believe I'd be willing to give up 10 HR, 10-20 RBIs and 10-20 Runs Scored to save 4 errors.