PDA

View Full Version : Herrera optioned back to Louisville to make room for Homer Bailey

OnBaseMachine
06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
In other news, left-hander Danny Herrera was optioned back to Louisville to make room for today's starter, Homer Bailey, on the roster.

Some notes:

--The conspiracy theory that Griffey didn't want to hit No. 600 until Florida was a matter of someone taking what Griffey said in jest seriously. "He throws out a lot of bait," Baker said. "I'm starting to learn. If you fall for that bait, you're a fish."

Griffey was truly hurting. "You saw me walk in here (Monday)," he said. Griffey limping noticeably.

"You don't think last night that 3-0 he was trying to hit the ball out of park," Baker said. "If you could hit a home run anytime you're ready he would have gotten this over a long time ago."

--It's a day off for Adam Dunn. "I can see him winding down little bit," Dusty Baker said. "I remember Ted Williams saying after you're extremely hot for a long period of time -- like Dunn was for the month of May -- you'll have a down period because you get physically worn out from running the bases. . . Plus, he's 1-for-8 with five punchouts against Hamels. It's a perfect time. Getting Junior back, both of them aren't out at the same time."

--Herrera will be back. "We didn't want to send him out," Baker said. "It was numbers. We didn't call him up for an experiment. They told us he could get people out and he was fearless."

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog07&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ae57bcc87-152a-4f72-96fb-cc08b1f396efPost%3a73d7789d-233b-406c-aab8-ffb93da5312b&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

OnBaseMachine
06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Hopefully Herrera is back in Cincy soon. He makes this bullpen better IMO.

Cyclone792
06-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Not terribly surprising. I'm just glad Herrera got in that game while he was up here rather than being called up to sit in the bullpen for a few days only to get sent back down again. He had an outstanding outing the other night getting out of that jam, and if he hadn't opened up eyes before then, he did this week with that outing.

This bullpen still has Weathers, Lincoln, and Majewski in it. If any of them go in the tank or land on the DL, then Herrera will be back up.

Hap
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
but what if baker brings in affeldt and/or Bray in a LOOGY situation and affeldt and/or bray fails to execute?

or what if he leaves in a tired reliever in a LOOGY situation because he didn't want to burn the bullpen?

alexad
06-05-2008, 12:34 PM
What is sad is his parents did not make it to Philly to see him. They were coming to Florida.

He made an appearance and continues to show that the kids are ready down on the farm.

PuffyPig
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
but what if baker brings in affeldt and/or Bray in a LOOGY situation and affeldt and/or bray fails to execute?

But what if Baker brings in Herrarra in a LOOGY situation and he fails to execute?

GAC
06-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Herrera..... 5' 8" and 145 lbs! :lol:

AmarilloRed
06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
He made an impression while he was here; he will be back.:thumbup:

Degenerate39
06-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Herrera..... 5' 8" and 145 lbs! :lol:

I'm bigger than Herrera this is probably the only guy in pro baseball that's about the same size as me.