PDA

View Full Version : Herrera to Lousville to make room for Homer

captainmorgan07
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Per Fay Herrera was sent to Louisville to make room for Homer. He pitched well in his one appearance and im sure will see him again soon. With Weathers not looking so hot lately Im guessing there is something wrong physically with him.

Homer Bailey
06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Something "wrong" with Weathers? Haha.

bgwilly31
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Sheesh...the guy pitches great. We leave majewskie and send down the young talent that showed spark.

Majewskie is like a dead spark slug. It yeah it will fire every once in a blue moon. But it needs replaced.

_Sir_Charles_
06-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Umm...Majik threw the ball VERY well too. 1.2 ip, 1 hit, 1 k, 2 groundouts. I'm just as skeptical of Majewski as the next guy is. But he threw VERY well in Louisville recently and he threw very well here when he's gotten a chance.

Personally, I would've loved to have seen Weathers gone and Herrera stay. Small sample sizes and all, his stuff fits our staff better than Weathers' does. And I've seen NOTHING out of David that shows me that he'll ever break out of his current funk. I think he's done like Merker's done.

Nuxhall41
06-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, I'm pissed off. Hey, they can lose 3 out of 4, not hit anything and look like a high school team on defense, etc., but to send down my favorite midget? That's one misstep too many. Watching Tom Thumb pitch out of 2nd and 3rd was the most fun I've had all season.

_Sir_Charles_
06-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I went back and did some research into Majewski in Louisville this year. He started out about as bad as you can get. After his first 3 appearances in April he had an 0-1 record and an ERA of 18.90 in 3.1 innings pitched. By the 20th he had it down to 11.57 era but that still included 2 more poor outings. But that was pretty much it for the rest of the year. Since that 1 ip, 1 hit and 1 er outing on the 20th...Majewski has done this in Louisville....

16 games / 19.1 ip / 12 hits / 2 runs / 2 er / 5 bb / 15 k's / 2-0 record with 2 saves

Yep, that's GARY MAJEWSKI we're talking about there. He had only 2 appearances in 16 games where he allowed a single run. Other than that, he was absolutely lights out. Yeah, I know, I know...he's still Gary Majewski so I'm still highly skeptical. But is it POSSIBLE he may have finally turned a corner and will be the pitcher we thought he'd be when we traded for him? But regardless...this is far from pitching well once "in a blue moon". Keep it up Majik.