PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite "Future Reds Lineup" Now?

11larkin11
06-06-2008, 02:28 AM
You can use any players in the Reds system.

Keppinger SS
Votto LF
Bruce RF
Phillips 2B
Alonso 1B
Frazier 3B
Mesoraco C
Pitcher
Stubbs CF

Defensively, all are at least average, with Stubbs, Bruce, Phillips, and Mesoraco all with the chance to be above average and Phillips and Stubbs GG caliber.

Homer Bailey
06-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Stubbs CF
Votto LF
Bruce RF
Alonso 1B
Phillips 2B
Frazier 3B
Valaika SS
Mesoraco C

This is actually pretty hard.... but this is a pretty stacked offensive lineup. Doubtful Valaika will be a SS though.

I know Stubbs isn't projected to be a leadoff hitter, but I really didn't have any other options.

Kingspoint
06-06-2008, 02:53 AM
All of the above is assuming that Walt Jockety does nothing to improve this team other than the drafting of Alonso.

I can't see him not going after a high-priced Free Agent as it seems to be what he does best.

Maybe Adrian Beltre back to the National League? He's a Gold Glove 3rd Baseman and out of that Pitchers' ballpark that is Safeco Field, I could see him putting up numbers above his career averages here in Cincy. He's still young enough.

Mario-Rijo
06-06-2008, 05:36 AM
This is assuming we don't make a deal and trade EE for more young talent. This about the best I could do with what's in the organization.

1 - Brandon Phillips 2B (I know but he may improve his discipline by then)
2 - Joey Votto LF
3 - Jay Bruce RF
4 - Neftali Soto CF
5 - Yonder Alonso 1B
6 - Todd Frazier 3B
7 - Devin Mesoraco C
8 - Paul Janish SS (Hey with that offense you can afford to have a defender here with a good offensive approach at least)

Rotation
Volquez
Cueto
Bailey
Thompson
Wood

Pen
Roenicke
Stewart
Burton
Bray
Watson
Viola

Bench
Stubbs
Valaika
Waring
Dorn
Hanigan

But in the meantime I would make a deal to get Reggie Willits from LAA at least for the next 3 years to play CF. EE & Pelland for Willits and Macier Izturis. And then play Hairston/A. Phillips at 3rd until Kepp gets back. Then my current lineup would look something like this.

Willits CF
Izturis SS
Dunn LF
Bruce RF
Phillips 2B
Votto 1B
Keppinger 3B
Ross/Bako C

Degenerate39
06-06-2008, 07:16 AM
How far into the future are we talking about? If it's in about three years or so I'd go.

CF- Stubbs
1st- Votto
RF- Bruce
2nd- Phillips
LF- Dunn
3rd- Encarnacion or Frazier
SS- Janish?
C- Mesorasco (hopefully)
P- Volquez

In about 5 years I'd say:

CF- Stubbs
LF- Votto
RF- Bruce
2nd- Phillips
3rd- Frazier
1st- Alonso
C- Mesorasco
SS- Janish
P- Volquez

Though I'm hoping Dunn is still with the Reds by then. I'd really like to see him retire a Red.

bucksfan2
06-06-2008, 10:25 AM
CF- Stubbs
SS- Soto
RF - Bruce
3B - Fraizer
LF Votto
2B - Phillips
1B - Alonso
C Mesorasco

Pitching
Harang
Cueto
Volquez
Bailey
Thompson

PuffyPig
06-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I can't see him not going after a high-priced Free Agent as it seems to be what he does best.

\

Walt has seldom signed a high priced FA. Izzy may be the only one.

His specialty is trading for players in their walk year and signing them before they hit FA.

It's likely the most expensive way of obtaining talent. You give up players, and have to pony up the big bucks later on.

Kingspoint
06-06-2008, 05:39 PM
\

Walt has seldom signed a high priced FA. Izzy may be the only one.

His specialty is trading for players in their walk year and signing them before they hit FA.

It's likely the most expensive way of obtaining talent. You give up players, and have to pony up the big bucks later on.

I wasn't being specific. That is what I mean which is what would have to happen to get a Beltre as he's still signed for a few years.

Believe me, Walt Jockety does nothing for me.

RedlegJake
06-07-2008, 01:42 AM
This kind of thing is so far away it is just fun so I'm going to stretch things a bit with my selections:

CF- Soto
2B - Valaika
RF - Bruce
LF - Duran
1B - Alonso
3B - Frazier
C - Mesorasco
SS- Buchholz

Volquez
Bailey
Cueto
Jukich
Lotzkar

11larkin11
06-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Even though I made this thread, I'm going to change it up a bit. Best 25 man with the players in the minors.

Chris Valaika 2B
Neftali Soto SS
Yonder Alonso 1B
Juan Duran LF
Devin Mesoraco C
Todd Frazier 3B
Juan Francisco RF
Drew Stubbs CF

Daryl Thompson
Travis Wood
Kyle Lotzkar
Matt Maloney
Ben Jukich

Danny Herrerra
Zach Stewart
Evan Hildenbrandt
Josh Ravin
Pedro Viola
Sean Watson
Josh Roenicke (CL)

Danny Dorn
Craig Tatum (have to have a backup catcher)
Brandon Waring
Justin Turner
Tonys Gutierrez

I'm sure I have some wrong, but this is just what I'm doing while glancing at the organizational depth chart.