PDA

View Full Version : Draft

gobucks106
06-06-2008, 09:37 AM
What's everyone's thought on the draft? Taking Yonder Alonso a first baseman. Talk is this kid has a good head on his shoulders and may be able to contribute soon. Only catch is the rumor that his agent (maybe Boras?) is asking 8 Million to sign. Not to mention he's a first baseman and we have Votto. I heard he could maybe play third or catch. If we don't sign Dunn long term what are the chances we move Votto to left and Alonso plays first. I also saw were we drafted three RH pitchers rounds 2-4 ( 1 high school and 2 college) and a shortstop in round 5, he's out of Delaware State. Does anybody know anything about these guys?

NorrisHopper30
06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68989&page=6

bounty37h
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Dont like to hear of his contract demands, esp must receive major league contract?!?!?!?!

James B.
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know how long the Reds expect it take until Alonzo is ready for the majors?

EddieMilner
06-06-2008, 01:17 PM
All this stuff should go in the Minor League Forum. You can post in that and there are already a ton of threads regarding this stuff. Check it out.

BoCcc2832
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
You all won't likely know this name, but watch for Matthew Stiffler in a couple of years being with the Reds. He comes from Ohio University and could hit the ball really well. He doesn't hit as much for power, but can hit similar to Keppinger with more speed than Kepp. I watched him play in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League and he was impressive. I'm pumped to see him in a Reds uniform someday.