Kingspoint
06-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Grande Donkey
06-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Did Rome just call him Jim?

Kingspoint
06-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't know. I was mesmerized.

That's the first time I've ever seen Bruce speak.

It was kind of surreal for me.

I can remember back when Junior got his first moments in the sun. Junior seemed like he was 15 years old though, which was cute.

Bruce seems very mature beyond his years.

I still have yet to see the REDS play this year.

WGN never showed one of their games except on a last-minute decision.

They haven't been on ESPN, though I think that will change, soon (I hate the frickin' Yankees, RED SOX, Dodgers, and Cards with a passion!)

TBS rarely shows baseball anymore, and then they show the Phillies!?, not the Braves.

Screw the Mets!

Screw ESPN and FOX for their poor coverage of baseball, period. Quit showing the damn Red sox and Yankees all the time.

NeilHamburger
06-06-2008, 08:57 PM
You know you can go on MLB.TV and watch Archived games from this season, usually within hours of a game ending and watch for free right? All you need to do is registrate and the content is free.

Ghosts of 1990
06-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Can someone recap? I was fishing and didn't know he was on, very sorry I missed it. This kid just has me amazed with it all....

Kingspoint
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
You know you can go on MLB.TV and watch Archived games from this season, usually within hours of a game ending and watch for free right? All you need to do is registrate and the content is free.

I did that last year a lot.

_Sir_Charles_
06-06-2008, 11:04 PM
For those who missed it, the entire Jim Rome interview is up on the Reds frontpage on espn. And these guys are right, really nice interview. Well spoken kid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cin

HeatherC1212
06-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Fox has shown two Reds games all ready this year with another one coming up next weekend (had they even shown ONE game by this time last year?!) but I can see how if you're not actually in Cincinnati that you might not get those games on Saturdays. :eek:

ESPN really does need to get off the RS and Stankee wagon sometime in the near future and I think we should add the Cubs and Mets into that group too for how often they've been aired on national TV. :(

Kingspoint
06-07-2008, 01:01 AM
No kidding, Heather. Don't know how many times the Cubs have been on WGN, and then ESPN shows the frickin' game at the same time!!!!!! What a frickin' waste.

NorrisHopper30
06-07-2008, 01:08 AM
What a phenomenal interview, we've got ourselves a great kid here.

Ghosts of 1990
06-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Does Bruce's personality and mannerisms (not play) remind anyone of Kearns?

Trace's Daddy
06-07-2008, 08:42 AM
If Homer truly has an attitude problem or whatever maybe he can learn something from Mr. Bruce.

redlegs2370
06-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Great interview and the Jim Rome karma continues. Bruce on base last night 5 times with 3 hits!