PDA

View Full Version : How long until Patterson hits .150?

LouisvilleCARDS
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
He was at .192 coming into tonight, just got put in the game and didn't get a hit. What's the over/under here?

Ghosts of 1990
06-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I feel sorry for him... not really

Orodle
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
hes like a real life Willie Mayes Hayes......HIT THE BALL ON THE GROUND!

NarrowStairs
06-06-2008, 11:29 PM
hes like a real life Willie Mayes Hayes......HIT THE BALL ON THE GROUND!

His swing is too long, and I'm sure he's already been told that hundreds of times. He's stubborn, ugly, stupid, and stinky.

LexingtonLegend
06-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Why did he have to play soooo well in AAA :( :(

tommycash
06-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Hopefully he never gets to .150. He should be cut before it gets to that. But we all know that won't happen, so I am guessing that it will be 2 weeks before he gets there.

Ghosts of 1990
06-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Why did he have to play soooo well in AAA :( :(

mental. A lot of it is mental.

He thought he was better than those kids at AAA and maybe he was. He got back up here and the same mental approach and lapses hurting him before are hurting him now.

Trace's Daddy
06-07-2008, 08:38 AM
It would take about 10 games if he starts and goes hitless. Maybe he would hit better in the 8-spot?

Ghosts of 1990
06-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I like him as a 5th outfielder nothing more though

Redeye fly
06-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Maybe I'm just too nice of a guy and actually do feel bad for Corey with the almost personal level of insults heaped on him by some here... but

Over the course of an entire season, Corey isn't this bad. Almost no one at this level is, especially someone who's had the number of AB's Patterson has already accumulated at the big league level.

That being said, I would certainly rather he not get regular AB's, or at least not at the top of the order.

The thing is, I don't think his "success" at Triple A had anything to do with him being back here. To hear Dusty talk, it sounds like they really didn't want to bring him back up yet, but after Freel got hurt, it was kind of like, "well what else are we going to do"?

Big Hurt
06-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I think the Reds were trying to catch lightening in the bottle like they did with Hamilton and Burton. His pedigree is as good as theirs and he did have a great year witht he Cubs. I think we can't be in a rush to unload him. He's a very good defensive player and has the potential to get his offense turned around. He needs a break but I think that needs to happen in AAA ,for now. His confidence seems low and it's hard to be successful in that mental shape.

Slyder
06-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I blame Dusty more than Corey for his struggles. Dusty refuses to recognize that Corey is awful with the bat and that his speed is worthless if he can't get on base. Corey maybe pressing or he may just "lost what he had".

Even his "career half year" with the cubs was nothing really to write home about. He's hit above .270 once when he's played more than 100 games. I would take .250/.300/.410 out of him as a fourth or fifth of. You get him working more lower in the lineup where it pays to be a bit more aggressive with the bat (due to the weakness of most pitchers hitting) you may see some better results. But again Dusty is the one that continues to put him in a position to fail by batting him ridiculously high like the moron Dusty is. Dusty refuses to utilize the assets he has properly when it comes to making lineup cards, handling the bench, and its going to continue to shoot him in the foot just like it did in Chicago and cost the Reds games they should win.

Patterson is going to continue to be the victim of Baker's inepitude until the Reds are forced to release/demote Patterson just so Dusty CANT use him.

NarrowStairs
06-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I like him as a 5th outfielder nothing more though

Leave NOW

mlbfan30
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Patterson has a .406 OPS since April 10th.

No defense is good enough to justify a roster spot.

Juan Castro had a .447 OPS last year, and even has a career .604 OPS.

The Royals SS, Tony Pena, is having a historic season. He's had 167 PA and has a .368 OPS, good for a -1 OPS+.... That's right, his OPS+ is in the negatives....

Patterson has been almost has bad since April 10th. It's really pathetic.