PDA

View Full Version : Draftee's Assignments

Slyder
06-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Anyone know when we will start hearing about where the players drafted will start and the timetable that they start to be moved up.

redhawk61
06-07-2008, 12:42 AM
first they have to sign, then they have to be placed, then they have to perform to warrant being moved up

11larkin11
06-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm thinking Alonso and maybe Stewart are the only ones that start outside of Rookie Ball, with Shunick having an outside chance of going to Dayton, though doubtful. I would guess Stewart is the closer in Dayton while Alonso is the 1B for Sarasota.

NorrisHopper30
06-07-2008, 12:59 AM
How long do we expect it to take till players start signing?

redhawk61
06-07-2008, 01:06 AM
How long do we expect it to take till players start signing?

as soon as tmmr

NorrisHopper30
06-07-2008, 01:09 AM
as soon as tmmrDoes it usually take longer for early picks to sign? I'd imagine some of the boys that are still playing will wait until after they are eliminated or after the championship.

redhawk61
06-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Does it usually take longer for early picks to sign? I'd imagine some of the boys that are still playing will wait until after they are eliminated or after the championship.

Yeah the guys still end wait till after their year is done. Don't know if it is a rule or just something as to not distract the kid when they are trying to win some baseball games.

Lets hope Miami loses to tmmr despite a huge night from Alonso, and we get push real hard to get him signed fast so we can get him moving.

dougdirt
06-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah the guys still end wait till after their year is done. Don't know if it is a rule or just something as to not distract the kid when they are trying to win some baseball games.

Lets hope Miami loses to tmmr despite a huge night from Alonso, and we get push real hard to get him signed fast so we can get him moving.

It is a rule.... you can't talk with the kids while they are still playing games. Once their season is done, you are good to go. Some guys will sign tomorrow some guys in August and a whole bunch in between.