PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Tucker

The Baumer
06-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Congrats to Marlins pitcher Ryan Tucker who is set to make his major league debut on Sunday. I played with him in little league, back when he threw his fastball with three fingers because his hands were too small to grip the baseball, and I faced him a few times in high school, I am glad to say I hit against him once and I smoked a double in the gap (this was before he started throwing 95 of course). I played against Derrick Barton in a CIF game but this is the first time someone I actually grew up and played alongside has made it to the big show, so congrats to him and I hope he can stay up for a long while! :beerme:

dougdirt
06-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Congrats to Marlins pitcher Ryan Tucker who is set to make his major league debut on Sunday. I played with him in little league, back when he threw his fastball with three fingers because his hands were too small to grip the baseball, and I faced him a few times in high school, I am glad to say I hit against him once and I smoked a double in the gap (this was before he started throwing 95 of course). I played against Derrick Barton in a CIF game but this is the first time someone I actually grew up and played alongside has made it to the big show, so congrats to him and I hope he can stay up for a long while! :beerme:

When you say Derrick Barton do you mean Daric Barton, Cardinals draft pick and now A's player?

The Baumer
06-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Yeah. Sorry for the typo. He was a catcher/3B back then if I remember correctly.

sonny
06-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't wish him too much success, but I wish him well.

OnBaseMachine
06-08-2008, 11:12 AM
One interesting side note on Tucker. Edinson Volquez taught him how to grip his changeup.

dougdirt
06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah. Sorry for the typo. He was a catcher/3B back then if I remember correctly.

He was drafted as a catcher but was quickly moved off the position.

icehole3
06-08-2008, 02:22 PM
One interesting side note on Tucker. Edinson Volquez taught him how to grip his changeup.

thx Edison, now the guy is looking like Walter Johnson against the Reds

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Eyes/uh-oh.gif

redsrule2500
06-08-2008, 02:42 PM

Seriously? Interesting....now we're screwed! :D