PDA

View Full Version : Reds draft picks youve seen on TV

icehole3
06-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen some of these guys on TV and what your thoughts or comparisons are so far? For example the guys Ive seen so far are:

Alonso, similar to Votto just a little more stocky than Votto, ball does jump of his bat, looks like a decent athelete.

Shunick, good stuff kinda reminds me a little bit of Arroyo with all the off speed stuff.

Sappelt, good power good athlete very good speed, didnt do much in the game I saw looks like he got some power though.

Wiley KanST, similar to Sappelt good power and real good speed, game I saw he drilled one to dead center and the CF nearly robbed him of a HR and he blazed around the bases for a triple. Good leadoff guy with power.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Happy/HappyWave.gif

tbball10
06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
ive only seen shunick so far and i thought he was ok. very good split-finger, but i think his velocity was down from what was reported... and by the way he threw the ball, he kind of reminded me of kirk sarrloos and mike mussina.

Grande Donkey
06-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Doesn't the ball jump off of everyone's bat when they are hitting with aluminum?

Degenerate39
06-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I've seen Pat White play football on TV but not baseball. I'll just say that he is one fast guy and I'd love to see what he could do on the base paths.

icehole3
06-08-2008, 12:52 PM
saw the Florida State game on ESPNU and Fairel looked decent, threw 88-90 and kept the ball low consistently, he worked extremely fast though which tells me the catcher mustve called all his pitches because he throws so quick he was catching batters off guard. Also saw Alonso's homerun it was line drive bullet, he sort of reminds me the more I see him of a left handed Pat Burrells.

icehole3
06-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I've seen Pat White play football on TV but not baseball. I'll just say that he is one fast guy and I'd love to see what he could do on the base paths.

he is a dominate athelete on the football field, didnt he win league mvp?

icehole3
06-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Doesn't the ball jump off of everyone's bat when they are hitting with aluminum?

sure but everyone in the stadium sits on the edge of their seats when this kid comes to the plate much like Jay Bruce.