PDA

View Full Version : Kepp in extended spring training?

schmidty622
06-08-2008, 02:02 PM
According to Grande.

Does anyone know where I could get the box score for the action that Kepp is involved in down there? Do they play games or is it inter squad type stuff?

dougdirt
06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
According to Grande.

Does anyone know where I could get the box score for the action that Kepp is involved in down there? Do they play games or is it inter squad type stuff?

There is no way to see the box scores or get much information unless you know someone down there. They play games, but they are very loose ruled games. The same batter can leadoff an inning every inning. Its a very organized practice versus another team pretty much.

schmidty622
06-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Cool, this is the last day of extended spring right?

If so where would Keppinger go afterwards? GCL?

dougdirt
06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Cool, this is the last day of extended spring right?

If so where would Keppinger go afterwards? GCL?

I am not sure....

highheat11
06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
With guys that are in extended that don't get assigned to either the GCL Reds or Billings, are they just released and free to sign wherever (i.e. independent ball or other MLB farm systems) or do the Reds still hold their rights until Spring Training next year? Or could it depend on the individual contract of the player and their years of service in the Reds system?

TRF
06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think Kepp can go to the GCL. I think Sarasota is likely to start his rehab though.