PDA

View Full Version : George Kenneth Griffey, Jr.....NUMBER 600!!!!!!

Kingspoint
06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Congratulations!

ChatterRed
06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Please delete your post. I beat you to it.

JUST KIDDING.

HalMorrisRules
06-09-2008, 08:31 PM
600!!!

dlconn
06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Congratulations Junior!!!

:jump:

RedsFanInMobile
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Congratuations Junior!!!

SoTxRedsFan
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Congratulations Junior! Only 5 have gone where you have. Amazing!

Cigar2
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Ditto, to Junior. Hopefully this means he will be getting out of his power slump.

UC_Ken
06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I know I speak for most when I say that the only thing that would make his career sweeter is winning a World Series. Wherever he goes after this year I'll be pulling for his team unless they play the Reds. I'd even root for the Yankees if he went there.

AccordinglyReds
06-09-2008, 08:46 PM
While he didn't hit in Cincinnati, the least fans could ask for would be for it to be a no-doubter like this was. Tomorrow should be a joyous day/pre-game to go to against the Cardinals.

Congrats, Junior. Never have I enjoyed watching a player more than you.

:)

captainmorgan07
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
The sweetest swing in all of the game. Hasn't changed any at all over the years. Looked like the jr. of old on that hanger. Maybe he'll go on alilittle run here. I'd like nothing more to see him win a ring.

highheat11
06-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Wherever he goes after this year I'll be pulling for his team unless they play the Reds. I'd even root for the Yankees if he went there.

I pray he doesn't end up with the Yankees... I won't have a problem rooting for him anywhere else in the MLB considering he's all but set to be a DH in the AL

ChatterRed
06-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Reds on a HR tear this game. Phillips just goes long and Bako went long last inning. Let's see if we can hit atleast 1 HR per inning tonight. Hehehe.

06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
How about Jr. winning a Ring in a Reds uniform? The Reds could easily win the wild card this year, and the wild card has made the World Series each of the last 6 years. Could happen.

HeatherC1212
06-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Congratulations Junior!!! :jump:

ED44
06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Congrats Jr!

HalMorrisRules
06-09-2008, 09:52 PM
And Jeff Piccoro just said that the tool that caught the ball isn't giving it to Jr. He "has plans for it" but he wont discuss them. Can you say eBay?

He said given his current circumstances, he is keeping the ball. When asked if he would sell it, he wouldn't reply. What a jerk.

Trace's Daddy
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Congratulations Jr! I hope you can get a ring before you hang it up!

CarolinaRedleg
06-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Awesome!

Now if the team can finish this off for a win, it'll be that much better :thumbup:

UC_Ken
06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
How about Jr. winning a Ring in a Reds uniform? The Reds could easily win the wild card this year, and the wild card has made the World Series each of the last 6 years. Could happen.

Clearly our #1 choice but teams scuffling along under .500 in June rarely make playoff runs. Hopefully Junior feels a little less pressure and starts slugging better and our veteran starting pitchers can start pitching to the back of their baseball cards.

Scott Botkins
06-10-2008, 02:06 AM
Too bad there weren't even less fans there at the ballpark, Griffey could have ran out in the outfield himself and jumped the fence like hitting it in his neighbors backyard to get the ball himself lol.

namichael
06-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Getting to watch games like that is why I'm a Reds fan.

Congrats to Junior and the Redlegs.

:beerme:

bluesanta
06-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Way to go Griff. You are truly a legend.

Kingspoint
06-10-2008, 07:57 PM
One more thing about Junior.

You can throw away most of the records from the last 20 years for the homerun hitters other than Junior.

Sosa and McGwire? Roids. Probably half of the others or more? Roids or whatever.

Palmeiro? He wouldn't have 250.

Manny Ramirez? Questionable, very questionable.

Ortiz? Without a doubt he's taken something over the years.

Arod? Roids.

Chipper Jones? All Natural.

Junior's total of 600 is majestic. Sosa wouldn't have 300 homeruns without Roids. McGwire wouldn't have 450, maybe not 350 as he wouldn't have been able to recover as quickly from his back injuries.

Junior's record is untainted.

Brutus
06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
One more thing about Junior.

You can throw away most of the records from the last 20 years for the homerun hitters other than Junior.

Sosa and McGwire? Roids. Probably half of the others or more? Roids or whatever.

Palmeiro? He wouldn't have 250.

Manny Ramirez? Questionable, very questionable.

Ortiz? Without a doubt he's taken something over the years.

Arod? Roids.

Chipper Jones? All Natural.

Junior's total of 600 is majestic. Sosa wouldn't have 300 homeruns without Roids. McGwire wouldn't have 450, maybe not 350 as he wouldn't have been able to recover as quickly from his back injuries.

Junior's record is untainted.

I actually don't think A-Rod is on 'roids. I've never got that feeling. Everything I hear about him is that he is a workout freak and stays in phenomenal shape. I sincerely think Alex Rodriguez, though perhaps took some performance enhancers, has stayed away from HGH and steroids.

Chipper, A-Rod and Griffey I believe are all legit. Sammy and McGwire, in my opinion, are no doubt tainted.

Kingspoint
06-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I actually don't think A-Rod is on 'roids. I've never got that feeling. Everything I hear about him is that he is a workout freak and stays in phenomenal shape. I sincerely think Alex Rodriguez, though perhaps took some performance enhancers, has stayed away from HGH and steroids.

Chipper, A-Rod and Griffey I believe are all legit. Sammy and McGwire, in my opinion, are no doubt tainted.

I agree with you about Arod taking a supplement that may not be roids, but whatever it is that he's taken it was a couple of years ago when it began. I don't think he took anthing weird until then.

Ohioballplayer
06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
I agree with both of you, Arod is not on roids, even JR has spoke on this.

For his incredible accomplishment I tip my Reds Cap to KGJ, 600+ is a lifetime achievement, even for someone at one time that was "Amazed by the simplicity" of this game. Congrats on the incredible career you have had, and thanks for the memories.