PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle Willis - what do you think of him now?

ChatterRed
06-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I remember people on this board wanting to trade for Willis last season. He just got shelled for 8 runs and didn't make it out of the second inning. His Detroit e.r.a is over 10.00. Hilarious. Did Detroit give him a contract extention? For how much?

And people think WK made some bad deals. Hahaha.

Oxilon
06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Many people on this site were in favor for trading for him this past offseason since many thought last year was just a fluke. Doesn't seem to be the case now...or perhaps ever again for that matter. The Detroit Tigers may become the New York Rangers of baseball this season if they haven't already.

ChatterRed
06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I was extremely jealous when they made those trades. Not so much for Willis, but for Cabrera.

PedroBourbon
06-11-2008, 11:54 AM
He is now the highest paid player in 1 A ball!!!!!!

Glad we didn't go after him :)

Jr's Boy
06-11-2008, 12:12 PM
I hope he straightens it out,however I'm highly doubtful.Roy Halladay got sent to low A for a term and seem to come back ok.

44Magnum
06-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Could Willis be another Jose Lima?

Krovvy Red
06-11-2008, 12:21 PM
He was always a decent hitter. Could he be another Rick Ankiel?

PTI (pti)
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Here's what I think of the Willis situation --> that Larry Beinfest acquitted himself rather nicely with that blockbuster trade this offseason. Now, to be fair, Maybin and Miller haven't given the Marlins ANYTHING yet, but I'd take them over $153 million worth of that fat POS Miguel Cabrera, and $27 million worth of a single-A pitcher all day, every day of the week.

I just remember the media CRUSHING the Marlins for (yet again) trading away veterans - but (yet again) it looks like they made the right move.

Boston Red
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Miller outdueled Cole Hamels tonight in Miami, so he's giving Florida something (though he's definitely been inconsistent).

SarasotaFan
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Here's what I think of the Willis situation --> that Larry Beinfest acquitted himself rather nicely with that blockbuster trade this offseason. Now, to be fair, Maybin and Miller haven't given the Marlins ANYTHING yet, but I'd take them over $153 million worth of that fat POS Miguel Cabrera, and $27 million worth of a single-A pitcher all day, every day of the week.

I just remember the media CRUSHING the Marlins for (yet again) trading away veterans - but (yet again) it looks like they made the right move.
the number speak for themselves - Cabrera will hit. that's why they play 180 games a season, and not 60-something. he's been an all-star for the past 3 seasons and will be in future (maybe not this year)

as for willis - he might have gotten paid a little too much. he has gotten progessively worse since he joined the league. but, he will give you 200+ IP's a year when he's healthy.

Hondo
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
The guy won 22 games a few years back... If the Reds could get Willis for nothing, I would want him to be given a chance...

This is a what have you done for me lately World... The Guy has a track record...

Oh, and we would all be in a better place if Miguel Cabrera was the Starting 3rd Baseman here...

Brutus
06-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Andrew Miller since his 3rd start of the season, April 12:

4-3 record
58 IP
45 K's
3.88 ERA
59 hits
24 BB's
1.43 WHIP
2:1 K:BB ratio
3.36 FIP

Notice the fielding independent pitching number - a very good stat.

I'd say Miller hasn't exactly given Florida "nothing." Miller is going to be a very good pitcher with seasoning.

As for Dontrelle, I've never been a big fan. I wouldn't even trade for him in a 9-team NL-only fantasy league because I didn't trust him. I'm glad the Reds stayed away, though I think he does have talent and could still turn things around.