PDA

View Full Version : Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

44Magnum
06-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Bat him leadoff and play him in CF.
Maybe EE could get it together in Colorado.
Thoughts?

Stud4life717
06-12-2008, 03:42 PM
EE is still relatively young and has shown flashes of being very good, But the bottom line is he is too inconsistent and is simply not producing like a corner infielder should. Taveras would add speed and defense, something this team desperately needs.

I would think you may be able to get Taveras and a low level high ceiling prospect given EE's age and capability. Kepp could be sufficient at 3rd until one of the Reds 3b prospects is ready for a shot at the bigs. (Frazier, Francisco, Waring)

Homer Bailey
06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't think EE has very much trade value, and Colorado has Garret Atkins. I don't think this trade would work very much. Taveras' lifetime OBP of .332 OPS of .674 wouldn't be much of a help either. He's just another Corey Patterson.

Hondo
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't think EE has very much trade value, and Colorado has Garret Atkins. I don't think this trade would work very much. Taveras' lifetime OBP of .332 OPS of .674 wouldn't be much of a help either. He's just another Corey Patterson.

Yeah, I am pretty sure there is a League Rule now concerning how many Corey Patterson's you can have on your 25 man roster at one time...

I want No part of Taveras, but I would trade Patterson for him... :thumbup:

Blue
06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
No.