He got it!
06-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I still believe. :)

TheOnlyRedsFan
06-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I still believe. :)

Slyder
06-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Dusty will crush any hopes with his continual screw ups and Patterson with his continual 0 fors.

Homer Bailey
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Dusty will crush any hopes with his continual screw ups and Patterson with his continual 0 fors.

Every time my hope rises, I realize that Dusty is going to continue to hamper this team with his incredibly poor decisions. Thursday night, despite the win, was just hampered with horrible decisions.

1. Patterson leading off
2. Janish batting 2nd
3. Junior still in the 3 hole
4. Phillips in the 4 hole (.285 OBP vs righties and .673 OPS).
5. Letting Affeldt face Glaus. I mean Jesus man. You've got two other lefties in the pen, so it's not like he really needed to stretch out JA. Honestly no excuse for this one.
6. Letting CP hit against Flores. Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously insane.
7. Burton in for a 2nd inning with a huge series coming up against the best team in the league (IMO). Basically making him useless for Friday.
8. Resting the 21 year old Jay Bruce so his boy can play. CP saw 6 pitches in 4 AB's and went 0-4. Bruce sees 7 pitches in 1 AB and hits a double. So didn't Bruce technically get more work in tonight than CP? Maybe he'll need another day off tomorrow.

I hate when people that are watching a game say "Oh I could have made that shot" or "I could have caught that ball," but I honestly believe that I would be a better manager than Dusty Baker. I bet there are many others out there that feel the same way about themselves.

Hondo
06-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Every time my hope rises, I realize that Dusty is going to continue to hamper this team with his incredibly poor decisions. Thursday night, despite the win, was just hampered with horrible decisions.

1. Patterson leading off
2. Janish batting 2nd
3. Junior still in the 3 hole
4. Phillips in the 4 hole (.285 OBP vs righties and .673 OPS).
5. Letting Affeldt face Glaus. I mean Jesus man. You've got two other lefties in the pen, so it's not like he really needed to stretch out JA. Honestly no excuse for this one.
6. Letting CP hit against Flores. Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously insane.
7. Burton in for a 2nd inning with a huge series coming up against the best team in the league (IMO). Basically making him useless for Friday.
8. Resting the 21 year old Jay Bruce so his boy can play. CP saw 6 pitches in 4 AB's and went 0-4. Bruce sees 7 pitches in 1 AB and hits a double. So didn't Bruce technically get more work in tonight than CP? Maybe he'll need another day off tomorrow.

I hate when people that are watching a game say "Oh I could have made that shot" or "I could have caught that ball," but I honestly believe that I would be a better manager than Dusty Baker. I bet there are many others out there that feel the same way about themselves.

# 6 is the one that really stands out to me... Considering Dusty constantly Pinch Hits for Lefty-Lefty matchups, or Right-Righty match ups late in the game...

That has to Prove Dusty's favortisim right there for C Patterson...