PDA

View Full Version : Its discusting to see Reds fans booing...

Stingray
06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Its discusting to see Reds fans booing a 21 year old trying his best to produce for Cincinnati. It's as if they enjoy seeing one of the best Reds prospects in years fail. This is a guy critical to the Reds future - fans shouild be giving him all the support possible.

I agree with another poster, in another thread, that the Reds haven't given him good coaching. Unless he's injured there's no other explanation for his losing 5mph on his fastball.

ChatterRed
06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
The Reds haven't given him good coaching? (cough)

Doesn't he have to want to be coached to get good coaching??????

redsfan1966
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
the guys in the Reds unis and on the field are "paid" professionals....if we spend our hard earned cash on tickets, gas to get to the park, food and concessions and the guy on the bump is getting pounded, the only way "regular fans" can express displeasure is by booing...sorry thats the way it is...

AccordinglyReds
06-15-2008, 09:50 PM
the guys in the Reds unis and on the field are "paid" professionals....if we spend our hard earned cash on tickets, gas to get to the park, food and concessions and the guy on the bump is getting pounded, the only way "regular fans" can express displeasure is by booing...sorry thats the way it is...

eh, I don't think that is the right set of thinking. Fans go to the game to root on their team, hoping that they play well and win. Remember, each game is a challenge between the Reds and the opposing team. Players fail. It's one thing if a fan were to boo Patterson for his continual terrible ABs, but you're not going to boo someone if they go 0-4 are you? Just because you paid to see them, and they are paid to play? You could maybe make the correlation between a musician/comedian for not putting effort into a show, and thus showing a terrible product, but baseball is a game that one team is going to lose, and with players that will (hopefully) get a hit 3 times in 10 tries. Fans pay to see entertainment in an effort to see their team win, but today I never thought to ask for my money back. (okay, maybe for Patterson being inserted for Griffey, lol).

dmoe
06-15-2008, 10:01 PM
i spend my hard earned money to watch and support a team i LOVE. do i think they make mistakes? do i get frustrated watching them sometimes? sure. will i boo them? no. i'd rather boo to drown out fans from another town (like i did on saturday) instead of making a young athlete feel even worse about the job he's done.

redsfan1966
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
astonished to see the consideration of the feelings of paid athletes....i wont be swayed....i truly believe the only way to show displeasure is to boo--not to hurl obscenities or be rude...but to just boo....if not, how will they know we are disapproving of their performance...on the flip side, i am the first to cheer or to stand up and cheer when a great play or performance is made...

AccordinglyReds
06-15-2008, 10:11 PM
i spend my hard earned money to watch and support a team i LOVE. do i think they make mistakes? do i get frustrated watching them sometimes? sure. will i boo them? no. i'd rather boo to drown out fans from another town (like i did on saturday) instead of making a young athlete feel even worse about the job he's done.

Correct. It's one thing if a player doesn't give a crap about his/her performance in any sport, but it's another thing if they are trying their best and get roughed up. I love the Reds no matter what, but that doesn't make me a homer, nor does it make me get too intense with my displeasure.

PTI (pti)
06-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I have never hated a Cincinnati Red even 1/10th as much as I do Corey Patterson.....

.....and I *still* wouldn't boo him. Ever. No way. I just don't boo my own team. Those that do look like complete jackasses, in my opinion.

kfm
06-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't know if it is the losing or what, but Cincinnati fans are among the most negative fans I have ever been around. It is not just that they get down on guys for not producing, but they are incredibly personal in both their attacks and dislike for players. All Reds players are just a big contract, a couple of injuries, or a misinterpreted or mistaken comment away from receiving the type of treatment Homer received today and that Jr. and Dunn and Encarnacion receive from the vocal minority (yet substantial minority) of fans on a regular basis. I've lived in other states and other cities and I have never been around fans who seem to hate their players more than they dislike the opponent. I get getting on guys because of production, but it is the subjective criticisms like calling guys cancers, and jerks without the slightest bit of information or knowledge to back it up is too much to take. Any one with half a brain knows why the Reds have not won in a long time, because their pitching has been lousy and very often bottom of the league lousy. The names change but the name calling and attacking by reds fans does not whether it is Dave Parker, Eric Davis, Hal Morris, Paul O'neil, Reggie Sanders, Barry Larkin, Kevin Mitchell, Ron Gant or the current crop of favorite reds to trash it is all too familiar. So I say to Votto, and Bruce, Volquez and Cueto, Phillips and Keppinger know that your day is coming when you too will hear whether you have good numbers or bad numbers, good guy or bad guy, and if the team is winning or losing that you need to be replaced and that you are a "fill in subjective non-proveable attack" and we need somone else to take your spot.

redsfan1966
06-15-2008, 10:19 PM
so when a player like Patterson or Bailey stinks up the joint what do you do? Just sit on your hands? Give a little golf clap when they finally get out of an inning?

Garbage....booing doesnt not make one look like a jack---, it is a way of letting a otherwise unapproachable athlete know you are tired of their lack of performance or talent....

FlyerFanatic
06-15-2008, 11:03 PM
so when a player like Patterson or Bailey stinks up the joint what do you do? Just sit on your hands? Give a little golf clap when they finally get out of an inning?

Garbage....booing doesnt not make one look like a jack---, it is a way of letting a otherwise unapproachable athlete know you are tired of their lack of performance or talent....

exactly

AccordinglyReds
06-15-2008, 11:21 PM

Bailey has had 3 damn starts this season, and the fact that he probably wouldn't have been the first choice to be called up, but rather the default for what has taken place in the 5th spot of the rotation allows me to sit on my hands for now. Patterson is a 'veteran' and simply can't produce. Bailey 'stinking up the joint' doesn't merit being booed off the field. I'm all for letting players take their lumps in the majors if it's in their best interest, so today while at the game, I didn't react by being pissed off, but rather accepting what is going on right now with the pitching in our system. Sure I'd like to see a Reds victory, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite and blast Bailey (or Cueto, etc) if they get bounced out early.

Stingray
06-15-2008, 11:36 PM

I'm sure you have direct personal knowledge that Bailey is "unapproachable." You can never convince me that Bailey didn't want to win as much as anyone on that field today.

The point is if you're a Reds fan you want them to win(not just a particular game but to win over the long haul). Booing a young promising pitcher can't possibly help achieve that goal. When you have a bad day at work does being scorned by your co-workers help you do better?

NorrisHopper30
06-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I hate booing..it doesn't help the situation. I believe there should be no booing unless you know a player isn't giving it their all.

mroby85
06-16-2008, 12:22 AM
In most cases, i agree that booing isn't going to help anything, but maybe, just maybe with homer bailey it will help him realize he's not the absolute stud he thinks he is, and will be willing to listen to some coaching. If the statements about him are true with being uncoachable, I think he could use some humbling.

TheBigLebowski
06-16-2008, 12:33 AM
I was embarrassed today when Homer was booed off the mound. Very embarrassed. However, this debate is pointless because the people who were booing and the folks defending the booers will never be convinced that such action is wrong.

I'm not going to bore you all with a long missive about what it means to be a fan. Really, it means different things to different people. All I'll say is this - regardless of how much Homer is getting paid, he's still a 21/22 year old guy who was pitching on a national stage today against the best team in baseball. Funny how people generally don't complain about such salaries until the recipient of said salary underpeforms but, I said I wasn't going to do the missive thing. Homer's a Red. A damned talented, YOUNG Red who has hit a tough spot in his career. Logically, if we, as REDS fans, want to have a good REDS team, one would think that we'd support our guys through good times and bad. Does anyone here really think that the chorus of boos that serenaded Homer today in his exit from the bump did a lot for his confidence? Home field is supposed to be a damned advantage and he's going to take the hill next time thinking everyone there hates him.

I said I'd keep this short and I've already kinda lied about that. I will criticize a player when I feel it is warranted but, my criticism goes no further than these message boards. I would never boo a Reds player unless he did something reprehensible on the field. The mindset of a person who would basically boo a 21/22 year-old rookie off the field is something I just don't think I'll ever understand.

BuckeyeRed27
06-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I don't know if it is the losing or what, but Cincinnati fans are among the most negative fans I have ever been around. It is not just that they get down on guys for not producing, but they are incredibly personal in both their attacks and dislike for players. All Reds players are just a big contract, a couple of injuries, or a misinterpreted or mistaken comment away from receiving the type of treatment Homer received today and that Jr. and Dunn and Encarnacion receive from the vocal minority (yet substantial minority) of fans on a regular basis. I've lived in other states and other cities and I have never been around fans who seem to hate their players more than they dislike the opponent. I get getting on guys because of production, but it is the subjective criticisms like calling guys cancers, and jerks without the slightest bit of information or knowledge to back it up is too much to take. Any one with half a brain knows why the Reds have not won in a long time, because their pitching has been lousy and very often bottom of the league lousy. The names change but the name calling and attacking by reds fans does not whether it is Dave Parker, Eric Davis, Hal Morris, Paul O'neil, Reggie Sanders, Barry Larkin, Kevin Mitchell, Ron Gant or the current crop of favorite reds to trash it is all too familiar. So I say to Votto, and Bruce, Volquez and Cueto, Phillips and Keppinger know that your day is coming when you too will hear whether you have good numbers or bad numbers, good guy or bad guy, and if the team is winning or losing that you need to be replaced and that you are a "fill in subjective non-proveable attack" and we need somone else to take your spot.

Very well said.
I hate booing. The only reason to boo is for lack of effort. If your team goes out and doesn't get it done but at least tried to get it done so be it.

FlyerFanatic
06-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Very well said.
I hate booing. The only reason to boo is for lack of effort. If your team goes out and doesn't get it done but at least tried to get it done so be it.

maybe we should give them all snacks and juice boxes at the end of the game as well...A for effort guys. :rolleyes:

mroby85
06-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Very well said.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

JayBruce4HOF
06-16-2008, 02:13 AM
It is the patriotic duty of every red-blooded American who loves the sport of baseball and the Cincinnati Reds to boo Corey Patterson. :usa:

JayBruce4HOF
06-16-2008, 02:15 AM
I was embarrassed today when Homer was booed off the mound. Very embarrassed. However, this debate is pointless because the people who were booing and the folks defending the booers will never be convinced that such action is wrong.

I'm not going to bore you all with a long missive about what it means to be a fan. Really, it means different things to different people. All I'll say is this - regardless of how much Homer is getting paid, he's still a 21/22 year old guy who was pitching on a national stage today against the best team in baseball. Funny how people generally don't complain about such salaries until the recipient of said salary underpeforms but, I said I wasn't going to do the missive thing. Homer's a Red. A damned talented, YOUNG Red who has hit a tough spot in his career. Logically, if we, as REDS fans, want to have a good REDS team, one would think that we'd support our guys through good times and bad. Does anyone here really think that the chorus of boos that serenaded Homer today in his exit from the bump did a lot for his confidence? Home field is supposed to be a damned advantage and he's going to take the hill next time thinking everyone there hates him.

I said I'd keep this short and I've already kinda lied about that. I will criticize a player when I feel it is warranted but, my criticism goes no further than these message boards. I would never boo a Reds player unless he did something reprehensible on the field. The mindset of a person who would basically boo a 21/22 year-old rookie off the field is something I just don't think I'll ever understand.

Homer's really NOT that talented if he doesn't recover the 5-7 mph he has lost off of his fastball.

BurgervilleBuck
06-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Good point. In fact, let's give Homer a trophy next time just for being on the mound. And then, whenever he walks off the mound after an inning, we all jump up in chorus saying "Atta boy!" "You can do it!" "You are a sure-shootin' son-of-a-gun." "You're special!" etc. Then we can pat him on the back and say, "the important thing is that you played the game" and then take him out for ice cream.

Honestly.

For the record, I think that giving up five runs in 2-and-a-third innings did more to his confidence than the booing.

kfm
06-16-2008, 07:22 AM
So let me get this straight, we have two extreme choices. Either treat Red's players like garbage or give them trophys and juice boxes. I didn't realize that those were our only options.

Moosie52
06-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Booing is self-defeating. It will only make a bad situation worse. But there will always be "fans" who go to the games to drink beer and show off. Who knows how many people stay away because of the bad behavior of other so-called fans?

dougflynn23
06-16-2008, 08:32 AM
I choose not to boo, but so long as it's not profane and/or terribly annoying to those around you, it's a fans right to do so.

Simms11
06-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Can I boo the non-use of spell check?

BuckeyeRed27
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
maybe we should give them all snacks and juice boxes at the end of the game as well...A for effort guys. :rolleyes:

No but you don't have to show up somebody just because they didn't perform. How about not doing anything?
I'm not saying that you don't have the right to boo. If you want to boo go ahead, but I think you look like an idiot and that's not what a true fan does.

IowaRed
06-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Can I boo the non-use of spell check?

:thumbup: you beat me to it

TheBigLebowski
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I've had this discussion on several sports boards....Bengals, Reds, Gators, etc. The result is always the same. A non-booer can never reason with a booer. That's fine - like I said earlier, being a "fan" means different things to different people. Suffice it to say that if you find it perfectly acceptable to boo at a player because of his or her performance, so too do I find it acceptable to boo your performance as a fan.

Red in Atl
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
When I first saw this post, I could think of only one thing to say,

BOOOOO!

;)

Booing is fun. It's the only was to show displeasure for a fan. I don't see anyone complaining that there is too much cheering. These players are grown ups, most of them millionaires for playing a kids game. If they can't hack some criticism, then they are in the wrong profession.

And I'm not saying I want to gang up on players, show them up or anything, but some good natured booing after the perfomance Homer put on Sunday should be the least of his worries.

lidspinner
06-16-2008, 02:10 PM

I have been to 7 different major league stadiums on a regular basis and I rank the reds 7th as far as negative fans......Try Chicago out when they are doing bad, you cant even take your kids to wrigley when they are losing....or try out teh Braves, you get more boo's in a braves game than you do in a haunted house. I understand our fans are going througha rough time right now and we are a littel hostile....BUT at no time are we worse than the 7 parks I frequent.

James B.
06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Homer's really NOT that talented if he doesn't recover the 5-7 mph he has lost off of his fastball.

Well booing is not going to help him get back his fastball. I can't see any reason to boo the team you are supposed to be rooting for. It just makes no sense. If I was a player I wouldn't want someone booing me one minute and then cheering me the next. It also makes you wonder if players want to play in towns where the fans boo their home team all the time.

kfm
06-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I have been to 7 different major league stadiums on a regular basis and I rank the reds 7th as far as negative fans......Try Chicago out when they are doing bad, you cant even take your kids to wrigley when they are losing....or try out teh Braves, you get more boo's in a braves game than you do in a haunted house. I understand our fans are going througha rough time right now and we are a littel hostile....BUT at no time are we worse than the 7 parks I frequent.

I have frequented many major league parks as well and have heard things, including every word you can imagine at our ball park. I have been to Wrigley as well. I think there is a reason that management decided to create a family area at the park. If you read my post again you may realize that I am not just talking about the ballpark however or just booing. I am talking about the whole fan atmosphere here. As much as I like to hear Marty call a highlight, I hate to admit it starts from our clearly the most negative radio host left in the country to our talk show host (Doc excluded) to our fans.

redsfan1966
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Corey Patterson.....BOOOOOOOOOOO
Homer Bailey..........BOOOOOOOOOOO
Adam Dunn............BOOOOOOOOOOO
Edwin Encarnacion..BOOOOOOOOOOO
Jay Bruce..............YAAAAAAAAAAAY
Joey Votto.............YAAAAAAAAAAAY
Edinson Volquez.......YAAAAAAAAAAAY

There you go....my fair and balanced opinions...

_Sir_Charles_
06-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I agree that it's disGusting to see fans booing Homer. Yes, he's struggled. He's also a freaking rookie for crying out loud. He's also facing 3 top notch opponents at the plate (Boston, St. Louis, Philly...1st, 2nd, and 1st places respectively). So why is it that we boo Homer but not Cueto? Why does everyone here want us to give up and deal Homer and not Cueto?

Cueto (after his great debut) went 4 games and threw 21 innings, gave up 26 hits (4 were dingers), gave up 20 runs, went 0-3 and had an era of about 8.5 over that stretch. (Look familiar? Homer's 0-3, a bunch of dingers allowed and an 8.5 era.) I didn't see anybody here waving the white flag and wanting us to dump Cueto. Homer did fine in his debut. He has since struggled. Give him the same chance that Dusty gave Johnny. Give him the same chance the FANS gave Johnny. All this hatred because he doesn't get along with Hal McCoy and everyone thinks everything Hal says is 100% accurate. :rolleyes:

kfm
06-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Corey Patterson.....BOOOOOOOOOOO
Homer Bailey..........BOOOOOOOOOOO
Adam Dunn............BOOOOOOOOOOO
Edwin Encarnacion..BOOOOOOOOOOO
Jay Bruce..............YAAAAAAAAAAAY
Joey Votto.............YAAAAAAAAAAAY
Edinson Volquez.......YAAAAAAAAAAAY

There you go....my fair and balanced opinions...

Poor Dunn and EE get grouped in with Bailey and Corey Patterson. As expected the young guys who haven't been here get the cheers. As a long time red's fan I know they will one day be called the problem on this team too.

James B.
06-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Poor Dunn and EE get grouped in with Bailey and Corey Patterson. As expected the young guys who haven't been here get the cheers. As a long time red's fan I know they will one day be called the problem on this team too.

Yes, Dunn was the golden boy just like Bruce is now. There will be a time when Bruce, Votto, and Volquez all get booed by certain "reds fans".

TheBigLebowski
06-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, Dunn was the golden boy just like Bruce is now. There will be a time when Bruce, Votto, and Volquez all get booed by certain "reds fans".

It is a fate that has already befallen The Fair Jay Bruce. He was booed when he dropped that pop fly.

oomni
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM
When I first saw this post, I could think of only one thing to say,

BOOOOO!

;)

Booing is fun. It's the only was to show displeasure for a fan. I don't see anyone complaining that there is too much cheering. These players are grown ups, most of them millionaires for playing a kids game. If they can't hack some criticism, then they are in the wrong profession.

And I'm not saying I want to gang up on players, show them up or anything, but some good natured booing after the perfomance Homer put on Sunday should be the least of his worries.

I, for one, am sure not complaining that there is too much cheering... as a matter of fact, I was saddened by the lack of cheering in the ballpark on Friday night when the Reds did indeed beat the World Series current titleholder, the Boston Red Sox.

I have only lived here for a few years and I was excited about moving to an area that actually HAD a major league ball team. Having been born and lived my entire life in Maine, I came here as a true Red Sox fan, so I was pleased that the Reds played in a different league and I would not have to worry much about divided loyalties. I have attended 4-6 games per year, when my schedule allows it and I must say that the fan enthusiasm was far below what I had grown up with. Mind you, the BOSOX did not win a series in 86 years... my father never saw a winning year, but remained a hopeful fan all those years. Taking my kids to Fenway in the early 90's, still no WS wins, but we sure did cheer, always hopeful, always sure that next week or next year. The Red Sox Nation slogan, simply BELIEVE, carried all us lifelong fans through many, many years. We still cheered every win.

Friday night, I heard no cheering. The most activity the crowd displayed was to yell boo when our section was cheering on the Sox, and yes we cheered, long and hard, even when we were losing, and we ultimately lost the game. I would have expected the Reds fans to be on their feet in joyous disbelief, but there was no joy in GAPB, apparently because no one can get past each and every single mistake going back years and years for some of the team members. Why was there no 'on your feet' instant recognition of Griffey's recent accomplishments? Does he have to hit a home run every game or isn't it enough to show the team your faith in them? All I heard and saw was a lack of the ability to believe and I was disappointed for the entire Reds team.

Being a fan, means supporting your team, especially on the field. Save the critiques for the umpires then. After the game, then heated debate is fine, but not to the detriment of remaining faithful to your team. I have spoken to so many 'fans' during and since the weekend series and I am just amazed at the venom and blame. Does no one remember the highlights? There were some pretty spectacular plays done by Reds players that I even cheered for during the weekend. (Luckily my section mates were understanding when I could not help myself... a good play is a thing of wonder to behold at any time!)

Billy_Bearcat
06-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Homer getting booed was a result of not only his performance on the mound, but his inability to get the bunt down in the previous inning. Booing is a part of professional sports and athletes are aware (or should be) of the negatives that go along with the hero worship and cheers attached to being a pro.

BurgervilleBuck
06-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Despite what I've said before, I don't boo our players. But at the same time, I don't think that booing is going to destroy them so much. We're not talking about a U8 soccer team here, folks. These are professional baseball players. These guys are the best of all baseball players in the world. Realize what it takes to get to that point: the focus, the mental attitude, the sacrifice. Then imagine what it takes to keep the tools going that got you to where you are, to keep that focus going, to stay up at the top level. The superstars like Rodriguez, Griffey, Jr., Pujols, etc., have their stats to catch them if they drop. But for those who aren't on that level, the only thing that catches them is either a trip to the minors or getting booted from the team.

Booing is the least of their problems.

FlyerFanatic
06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
No but you don't have to show up somebody just because they didn't perform. How about not doing anything?
I'm not saying that you don't have the right to boo. If you want to boo go ahead, but I think you look like an idiot and that's not what a true fan does.

how about not doing anything? sounds a lot like the reds organization...its my belief that booing will actually help in the long run. it speaks volumes to the front office when your fans are booing terrible baseball...i'm sure they notice regardless..but when you have a stadium fulls of boos, whether you like it or not...the front office will take notice and hopefully do something about it. You would think with terrible attendance, they would take notice..but maybe not.

improbus
06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I have never hated a Cincinnati Red even 1/10th as much as I do Corey Patterson.....

umm.... Willie Greene? Eric Milton? Todd Van Poppel? Jimmy "the Human Gas Can" Haynes? Jimmy "Lighter Fluid" Anderson? Russell Branyon? Bruce Chen? Ruben Rivera? Brandon Larson? Brandon Claussen? C.J. Nitkowski? Larry Luebbers? Jon Nunnally? Johnny Ruffin? the list goes on... (if you can think of any, add them)

As far as booing goes, I don't have too much of a problem with it. Should we all give Homer a hug? If his velocity is down do to injury or some problem, then booing is a bad idea. But, if he is not improving because he won't listen, then maybe 40,000 fans can tell him to listen.

GoReds33
06-18-2008, 11:44 PM
It hasn't seemed as the popular opinion on this thread, but I have to admit that I booed Homer Bailey. For me, a Reds fan who has yet to see his team win a World Series, a fan who has yet to see his team consistantly contend for anything but last place, it's getting increasingly hard to accept defeat. This man has lost his fastball, and frankly has never had anything else. He's the product of bad coaching, bad mechanics, and not going to college. He didn't have the head on his shoulders, and may never have that. I sat in a section completely surrounded by Red Sox fans. I proudly wore my newly-purchased Jay Bruce shirt. I watched as the Reds paraded on the field. After a couple innings I started to realize the difference between me and the Red Sox fans, I accept failure.

After getting that off my chest, I do know that I was wrong. Homer Bailey is still young. Everytime I look at Bailey disappointed, it's just minutes before I realize that he's only 21. However unlikely it is, he may still regain his fastball. If somebody can teach him some semblence of a changeup, and he can start getting people to chase his curve he can still be a very good pitcher.

JayBruce4HOF
06-18-2008, 11:49 PM
You weren't wrong, IMO, GoReds33. It is every fans personal right to boo a professional athlete and no one else has a right to tell you NOT to boo as long as you're not yelling profanities.

Blue
06-18-2008, 11:52 PM
You weren't wrong, IMO, GoReds33. It is every fans personal right to boo a professional athlete and no one else has a right to tell you NOT to boo as long as you're not yelling profanities.

Bull.

JayBruce4HOF
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Bull.

:laugh:

Who appointed you boss of the ballpark?

JayBruce4HOF
06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
If I decide to boo someone at the ballpark, I would love to see someone turn around and tell me not to boo. That would be hilarious. :lol:

Blue
06-18-2008, 11:56 PM
If I decide to boo someone at the ballpark, I would love to see someone turn around and tell me not to boo. That would be hilarious. :lol:

Semantics, I suppose. My point was that another person has the right to tell you not to boo, just as you have the right to make your feelings known.

JayBruce4HOF
06-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Semantics, I suppose. My point was that another person has the right to tell you not to boo, just as you have the right to make your feelings known.

I understand what you're saying now. We're just diametrically opposed in our feelings on the matter. ;)

Blue
06-19-2008, 12:08 AM
I understand what you're saying now. We're just diametrically opposed in our feelings on the matter. ;)

I sometimes boo, but usually can't funnel my anger that well and start cursing loudly, ripping on the player (or Dudepick) to the person sitting next to me. Your way is a little more family friendly.

JayBruce4HOF
06-19-2008, 12:14 AM
I sometimes boo, but usually can't funnel my anger that well and start cursing loudly, ripping on the player (or Dudepick) to the person sitting next to me. Your way is a little more family friendly.

We'd get along great together at a game. :D

I had tickets once on the first row to the left of the Reds dugout... I could literally see inside the dugout and Narron was about 10 feet away from me. :lol: Let's just say he heard firsthand what he was doing wrong with the Reds. :D

Orodle
06-19-2008, 09:36 AM

We'd get along great together at a game. :D

I had tickets once on the first row to the left of the Reds dugout... I could literally see inside the dugout and Narron was about 10 feet away from me. :lol: Let's just say he heard firsthand what he was doing wrong with the Reds. :D

I'm sure Narron was very hurt by a FAN knowing more than him. Seriously he was thinking what do you know, your in the seats.

Ghosts of 1990
06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I worried for a minute and thought you meant bruce.... thank goodness you did not

Ohioballplayer
06-19-2008, 10:48 AM
I buy the ticket, I get to boo, that's life. And most of the people arent booing the player as much as the situation.

JayBruce4HOF
06-19-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm sure Narron was very hurt by a FAN knowing more than him. Seriously he was thinking what do you know, your in the seats.

Probably so, but it certainly made ME feel better. ;) :D

bounty37h
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Well, I am generally not a booing man against my own team, but after watching the game last night, and what I have seen so far this season.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)