PDA

View Full Version : The Reds are dead

will5979
06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Guys as much as I hate to accept this awful fate I am slowly beginning to realize that this franchise is a has been franchise and it is slowly dying. Last weekends fan base proves to me that the Reds are dying. :(

I hate this more than anything because this is my number 1 team of any sport but it is really sad to watch this franchise slowly dying. I am really hating MLB right now for creating this monster of big market teams like the BoSox, Braves, etc.

TheBigLebowski
06-17-2008, 12:02 AM
No. Not even close. There will always be professional baseball in Cincinnati. The team has stunk for the better part of the last 15 years but the franchise is not dead by any means. Hell, if the Reds are "dead" then over half of the teams in MLB are also similarly "dead." Maybe we should just take the dead teams and form a league and let the Yanks, Red Sox, Braves, Phillies, Dodgers and Cubs play in a seperate league.

BTW - are you on any sort of depressants?

NorrisHopper30
06-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Lol this franchise is dieing..

Have you seen the Pirates?

If anything the Reds franchise is moving back on up IMO, lots of young talented players coming up.

BearcatShane
06-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Dying? Far, far from it. I'd like to win right now, but I really wanna get our young guys game experience so we can be very good in the future. You should be excited, with the young talent we have it's only a matter of time before we break through and are winning 90+ games on a yearly basis. I'm excited.

BurgervilleBuck
06-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Guys as much as I hate to accept this awful fate I am slowly beginning to realize that this franchise is a has been franchise and it is slowly dying. Last weekends fan base proves to me that the Reds are dying. :(
Ah, hopping off the bandwagon. O ye of little faith.

They are not dying. The Reds have a better record (33-38) than they did at this time last season (27-43). This team is going to have to take its lumps in order to get better. You just have to endure it.

It's going to take winning to get the general fans (the non-rabid baseball fans) to respond. Some playoff games and a World Championship or two and you'll see the place nearly flooded with Reds fans. (My buddy up in Boston says that Sox fans have a name for these johnny-come-lately fans... Pinkhats.)

Stick with it, kid. Don't be a Pinkhat.

Jack Burton
06-17-2008, 11:42 AM
This year is dead. That's bad enough.

Heath
06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok, people in SD land - this one is being monitored -behave.

Redeye fly
06-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Meh, the fan base is just fickle. Although, given the gross mismanagement and overall poor play over the years by this team, I suppose they have fairly good reason to decide to spend their money and time elsewhere. Look at full stadiums across the country, and you can bet your bottom dollar if they're winning ball clubs the stadium is only full because of all the band wagon fans. Sure, some teams still draw pretty well even if they struggle, but struggle long enough, i.e. 7 going on 8 consecutive years like the Reds, and watch those seats start to empty.

In terms of on field quality over the course of the season for the past several seasons, the Reds have indeed pretty much been dead. But if you're basing it on fan attendance, if the young talent here and in the minors pans out and the Reds start contending next year, or in 2010, watch those seats fill back up again.

EddieMilner
06-17-2008, 01:11 PM

why is this one being monitored? I don't see anything that is too far out of line.

ChatterRed
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM

In other words, this thread is dead? :D

TheBigLebowski
06-17-2008, 01:30 PM

Just the initial post or the subsequent replies?

Heath
06-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Just the initial post or the subsequent replies?

I've had to delete a couple of posts already, just play nice, that's it.

Jharb74
06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I am really hating MLB right now for creating this monster of big market teams like the BoSox, Braves, etc.

If you look at the last couple of years the whole "big market" teams haven't done that well. Teams like the Rockies, last year, and what the 2 Florida teams are doing now should be a good sign for Reds fans.

akron3344
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
jay bruce is good

JayBruce4HOF
06-18-2008, 05:09 PM
The Reds aren't going anywhere. There won't be any rumblings of the Reds moving until the lease with GABP ends at that's still, what, 24-25 years away?

will5979
06-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Ah, hopping off the bandwagon. O ye of little faith.

Stick with it, kid. Don't be a Pinkhat.

Bandwagon? Dude we haven't had a bandwagon EVER!

Pinkhat, I've been a Reds fan since 1980 something when my parents took me to my first game to see Pete Rose! Also I'm a Bengals fan so I think I've not only earned the right not to be called a bandwagon, but being a fan of both the Reds and Bengals I have by far earned the right to b!tch!

Fon Duc Tow
06-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Being a fan of the Reds and Bengals over the past 25 years, I too have always found it amusing when other Reds and Bengals fans claim we have a "bandwagon."

Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to garner a bandwagon, doesn't a team need to have had some success over a reasonable period of time?

Red Sox? Yeah I can see a bandwagon.

Kansas City Royals? Umm probably not.

Indianapolis Colts? All aboard the Manning Bandwagon!

Detroit Lions? Uhh, no.

If the Cubs keep tearing it up, look for that bandwagon to come rolling through the Cincinnati suburbs into downtown, just like last summer.

But the Reds and Bengals?!? Neither team has had any success recently for any significant length of time. And yet some guy comes here and says "the reds are dead", (which I disagree with wholeheartedly. C'mon man. This is the oldest team in baseball. They are not dead.) and people immediately play the bandwagon card.

WHAT bandwagon? :confused: Is it parked behind the Montreal Expos bandwagon? Cuz that sucker got towed a loooong time ago.

Mr.MojoRisin
06-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, I'm a lifelong fan rain or shine. Have been all my life. I love them now, and i'll love them when they're winning the world series, wheather that be next year or 10 years from now. As long as the fans don't give up, the Reds will never die.