PDA

View Full Version : Need help selling old clothes

BearcatShane
06-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Lol. I have about 100-150 old regular T-Shirts that I'm trying to get rid of, they're all in pretty solid condition so I wanted to know if theres any place around the Cincinnati area that buys old T-Shirts and jeans. Most of the shirts have college logos on them, mostly UC. I'm not a garage sale fan. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

SunDeck
06-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Craigslist.

durl
06-17-2008, 09:05 AM
If you don't need the cash right away and you itemize on your taxes, donate them to charity. You can deduct the garage sale value of each on your taxes next year. 100 shirts at $5 a pop could add up.

RedsFan75
06-17-2008, 09:11 AM
My sister has had some measure of success on Ebay.

There was a place on the east side we would visit when I lived in Bethel, I think they bought clothes.... I think it was Plato's Closet or something like that.

TeamBoone
06-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Plato's Closet only accepts brand name items that are in top notch condition... for teenagers.

I think your best bet is eBay. I'd split the tee shirts up into lots of 10 and list several different auctions; lots sell better than individual clothing items. The jeans could be listed separately, but they'll go better if you include two pair in each auction. Or make your lots of 10 tees and 2 pair of jeans; pair up like sizes in each lot. I think you'll be surprised at how well they sell.

One more thing... if that sounds like too much work for you, I know someone who would probably take care of it all for you (putting the lots together, doing the listings, packaging, and shipping).... for some sort of commission of course.

Send me a pm if you're interested in something like that.

PedroBourbon
06-24-2008, 08:44 AM
The nicer T's or ones with cool logos should go on eBay. I would donate the rest and use it as a tax write off. You'll get more in "value" of the shirts on taxes than you will get "cash" from selling them. They'll likely give you a blank receipt and you just fill in the overall "value" and number of items. Jeans sell for big bucks on eBay to Europe, especially big name American brands like Lee and Levi's.