PDA

View Full Version : Directv Question

RedsFan74
06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
I have a question for you folks about Directv programming. I'm pretty close to switching from Time Warner to Directv. If I do this, I'll probably add the sports package (a bunch of FSN's, YES, etc).

My question is this...will out-of-market MLB games (for example, Yankees vs Orioles on YES) be broadcast on these channels? Or will they be blacked-out because of MLB's Extra Innings package?

JaxRed
06-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Blacked out

RedsFan74
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Jax!

LoganBuck
06-18-2008, 11:31 PM
I have a question for you folks about Directv programming. I'm pretty close to switching from Time Warner to Directv. If I do this, I'll probably add the sports package (a bunch of FSN's, YES, etc).

My question is this...will out-of-market MLB games (for example, Yankees vs Orioles on YES) be broadcast on these channels? Or will they be blacked-out because of MLB's Extra Innings package?

Unless you really like the local programming you are better off to avoid the sports package. Outside of College Football, much of the programming is either redundant or blacked out. Unless you have something specific in mind. I would wait until you tried out Direct TV. You can always add the sports pack.

OSUredsFAN
06-18-2008, 11:32 PM

I like the sports package b/c even though the games are blacked out, I get the pre/post game shows which can be just as good, if you ask me.

ochre
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Fox soccer channel and Gol TV are in the sports package. That's why I added it.