PDA

View Full Version : Edinson Volquez Appreciaton Thread

JayBruce4HOF
06-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Express your love for Edinson Volquez here. :D

A beautiful young man, inside and out, if I do say so myself. :redface: :D ;)

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Cincinnati+Reds+v+Boston+Red+Sox+TY_AjbwOgHbl.jpg

JayBruce4HOF
06-20-2008, 09:22 PM
If I were forced to pick a single player off of the Reds roster to build my team around, his name would be Edinson Volquez. :D

mroby85
06-20-2008, 09:23 PM
This guy is amazing, gotta love him!

AccordinglyReds
06-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Another great game, EV! :)

NorrisHopper30
06-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Congrats on your 10th win Voltron!!!

TheBigLebowski
06-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Express your love for Edinson Volquez here. :D

A beautiful young man, inside and out, if I do say so myself. :redface: :D ;)

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Cincinnati+Reds+v+Boston+Red+Sox+TY_AjbwOgHbl.jpg

Reds MVP, without a doubt.

BTW - do you happen to be female?

HeatherC1212
06-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Edinson = Awesome :jump:

wojo1025
06-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Didn't start him tonight in my fantasy league...was worried about the Yanks beating him up. I am starting to believe this kid may be the real deal!

tommycash
06-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I have been waiting for this thread for a long time. Volquez is the man.

SoTxRedsFan
06-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Didn't start him tonight in my fantasy league...was worried about the Yanks beating him up. I am starting to believe this kid may be the real deal!

BELIEVE!! This kid is filthy nasty. It is absolutely scary to think about how GREAT he will be when he gets full command of all of his pitchers. He dominates without great command. His stuff is unhittable.

aerontg
06-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't know about Voquez being beautiful inside and out, but the kid can pitch.

Dunnateher
06-21-2008, 12:58 AM
If Soto helped Cuerto, and everyone messed with Homer, can't we use who helped Ed become Volquesmatic.

DTCromer
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Edinson's moxie is some of the best I've seen out of a kid this young. Unbelievable!

On top of that, I believe he's the most effectively wild guy I've seen at this level. He'll throw one to the backstop on one pitch and then come back with one of the nastiest changeups on the inside corner you've ever seen.

TheOnlyRedsFan
06-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I love this kid.

Fon Duc Tow
06-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Mario Soto > "Dick Pole" ;)

Red in Atl
06-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I knew he was for real when he said "I have a reason for every pitch I throw." I love that line. It's self assured more than cocky, and you can't teach that.

Lockdwn11
06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
This young man reminds me of a former Red by the name of Jose Rijo. Now lets hope he goes on to be just that.

OesterPoster
06-23-2008, 11:41 AM
If you look at MLB.com today, scroll down to see the League Leaders. Josh Hamilton is to the left as the RBI leader in the AL, and Volkie is on the right as the NL leader in K's.

Also, there's a short blurb in Jim Callis's Q&A on Baseball America's web site today about this trade potentially being the first of its kind to produce an MVP (Hamilton) and Cy Young winner (Volquez).

Lockdwn11
06-23-2008, 11:51 AM
If you look at MLB.com today, scroll down to see the League Leaders. Josh Hamilton is to the left as the RBI leader in the AL, and Volkie is on the right as the NL leader in K's.

Also, there's a short blurb in Jim Callis's Q&A on Baseball America's web site today about this trade potentially being the first of its kind to produce an MVP (Hamilton) and Cy Young winner (Volquez).

Isn't that something. I sure wish Texas would have taken/wanted someone other then Hamilton but I guess this what it took to get a young pitcher like Volquez.

PedroBourbon
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Volquez has been a huge bright spot in an otherwise disappointing year. I really hope he gets an all star nod, he deserves it (more than Griff does this year certainly.)

Wouldn't it be great to see him face Josh Hamilton too?

Cicero
06-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Well should we move him while we can? Before his value goes down the tubes? :)

HeatherC1212
06-27-2008, 12:03 AM
You know, even with the bad outing tonight, which was bound to happen at some point this season, he still leads all of baseball in ERA and strikeouts. That's impressive. :eek:

krm1580
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
I remember 2 starts ago he was saying he is no longer throwing his 4 seam fastball. I bring that up because watching the highlights (or should I say lowlights) from last nights game it seemed like he was throwing good pitches down and away in the zone but the Pirates were hitting them hard.

Now I did not see the game and was only going by the MLB Gameday so maybe someone who did see it can comment but it seemed like he was always 2 seamers down in the zone which is for the most part a good thing. The problem is pitching down all the time is not much different than only throwing pitches away and not coming inside on occasion in that you basically cut the strikezone area the hitter has to worry about in half.

So did he thow 4 seamers up in the zone on occasion? BTW it did look like he was getting squeezed pretty good by the umps last night as well.