PDA

View Full Version : Hot Teams and the Reds

MWM
06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
The Florida Marlins came into Cincinnati back in early May with a 7 game winning streak. The Reds swept 3 games from them.

The Indians were next coming to Cincinnati on a 6 game winning streak (and 8 out of 9), and were also swept.

Before the Reds came to town, the Yankees had won 7 in a row. Now the Reds have won the first two after losing 5 in a row.

Baseball is a funny game.

kaldaniels
06-21-2008, 03:55 PM
The Florida Marlins came into Cincinnati back in early May with a 7 game winning streak. The Reds swept 3 games from them.

The Indians were next coming to Cincinnati on a 6 game winning streak (and 8 out of 9), and were also swept.

Before the Reds came to town, the Yankees had won 7 in a row. Now the Reds have won the first two after losing 5 in a row.

Baseball is a funny game.

No doubt...care to start the alternate thread..."cold teams and the Reds"...cause we know the results of that as well...just ask LA :D

OnBaseMachine
06-21-2008, 03:57 PM
To add to your point, the Reds had lost 8 of 11 before sweeping the hot Marlins and Indians. Coming into this series the the Reds had lost five straight and have now taken the first two against the Yankees. Crazy stuff.

edabbs44
06-21-2008, 03:58 PM
To add to your point, the Reds had lost 8 of 11 before sweeping the hot Marlins and Indians. Coming into this series the the Reds had lost five straight and have now taken the first two against the Yankees. Crazy stuff.

Hopefully you didn't put the whammy on this game.

redsmetz
06-21-2008, 06:41 PM
As I caught bits and pieces of today's game (on the radio and then getting updates on my phone), I thought to myself, "this team is such an enigma". Fun little thing though. We were at the Meijer's store in Norwood and an older lady giving out ice cream samples saw my Reds t-shirt and asked if I knew the game was going. I checked on my phone and told her it was 0-0 going into the sixty. She was giddy at this kid pitching that well. She was beside herself when I told her the score was 4-0 later on. I like folks being excited about this club and here was this 70 year old lady elated about a young pitcher making good in his debut. Now that's what it's about - but daggone it - this team's an enigma!

OnBaseMachine
06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Speaking of funny stuff, Mariners pitcher Felix Hernandez just hit a grand slam off Johan Santana. And it was to the opposite field to boot. It was Hernandez's first atbat this season and only the 9th of his career. Crazy, crazy stuff.