PDA

View Full Version : Reds acquire 3B Aaron Herr from Indians

akred
06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
According to the Buffalo News. Haven't seen this anywhere else:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/376762.html

Third baseman Aaron Herr, the Buffalo Bisons' leader in games played, home runs and RBIs, was traded today by the parent Cleveland Indians to the Cincinnati Reds for cash considerations.

Herr, 27, was batting .245 for Buffalo with nine homers and 32 RBIs in 65 games. But he became expendable when the Tribe signed former National League all-star Morgan Ensberg as a minor-league free agent last week. Herr had not played for the Herd since Ensberg arrived.

REDSEER
06-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Interesting....Herr was in the IL all star game last year with the Bats....a right handed bat with some pop...

He has more pop than Andy Phillips but strikes out a TON more......anyone want him for the Reds' bench? I say no.

AccordinglyReds
06-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Well, the Bats need offense, but that's odd to go get him after he was here last year.

Slyder
06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Insurance in case something is wrong long term with Edwin's back?

REDSEER
06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Maybe very short term insurance.....because I'm pretty sure that when we get Hairston back, and assuming Dusty plugs him right back in at SS, that 3B will be a revolving door with the hot bat playing between Kepp and EE

realreds1
06-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Maybe the Reds are assuming Andy Phillips is a goner, and they need a fill-in at Louisville for the remainder of the season.

Root Down
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Maybe very short term insurance.....because I'm pretty sure that when we get Hairston back, and assuming Dusty plugs him right back in at SS, that 3B will be a revolving door with the hot bat playing between Kepp and EE

I just can't see Dusty playing Hairston over Keppinger. Kep was playing over Hairston before he got hurt wasn't he?

realreds1
06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I just can't see Dusty playing Hairston over Keppinger. Kep was playing over Hairston before he got hurt wasn't he?

Let's hope not. It would be nice to have both guys in the line-up somehow, with their prior production back intact. That would be a fun 1-2 punch at the top of the line-up.

captainmorgan07
06-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Maybe the Reds are assuming Andy Phillips is a goner, and they need a fill-in at Louisville for the remainder of the season.

I'd go with that as Im assuming someone will pickup Phillips. He had a heck of a finish to the season last year with the Yankee's.

TheBigLebowski
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
HUGE

tommycash
06-23-2008, 10:31 PM
No big deal here. Herr has almost been an institution for the Bats in Louisville. I liked his dad. Herr is probably with AAA to help them deal with our growing injury problem at SS. He will get a lot of ABs in AAA, but has a %5 chance of playing for the Reds this season IMHO.

CWRed
06-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Championship

Root Down
06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Herr has almost been an institution for the Bats in Louisville.

Ouch! Now there is a bittersweet honor.

tommycash
06-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Ouch! Now there is a bittersweet honor.

Similar to Ozzie Canseco and the Louisville Redbirds of the good old days. Ricky Stone is along the same lines too.