PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Update Appreciation Thread

NNredsfan
06-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I am a loooong time lurker on this board and rarely post because I hate to type. Usually I read and there are a group on here that I side with. I just want to say that over the last couple of months I've really enjoyed reading the minor league updates. I want to thank OnBaseMachine and Dougdirt among others who do the updates. I now enjoy the minor league talk section more than the other boards as they usually devolve into bickering between SABR and non or pessemist vs. optomist. Anyway I just find myself looking forward to coming here and reading yalls commentary. so thank you!!!!!

OnBaseMachine
06-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Thank you. And don't be a stranger...post more!:)

Homer Bailey
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree. I started one of these last year and every one called me a suck up. Haha. But yes, we do appreciate the minor league updates everyday. You guys are REALLY good at it and always on top of things.

Mario-Rijo
06-26-2008, 02:08 PM
No question, very much appreciative of this forum. The game updates gives us alot extra insight into these players game. I thought it was a good idea when it was brought up initially, but now can't imagine how we done without it before. I probably am on this part of the forum more than the ORG just generally a more positive vibe. Probably in large part to the players having better success on this end.

But I digress thanks to everyone who takes part and a special thanks to those who do the game updates. :thumbup:

medford
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Probably has something to do w/ the Reds record, but I often find that I check this board multiple times a day, and the main board 1x, if at all during the summer months the last several seasons. Sure the Reds are out generally out of it, but the insights and info provided by doug, OBM, princeton, aronchis, etc... thru the years makes this a great thread to read about the future of the reds. Even better now that some of that great Reds talent deep in the farm systems is begining to work its way up to the top.

I don't always agree w/ what I read here, and sometimes am left shaking my head, but I generally come away more informed than when I enterred.

Ga_Red
06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

icehole3
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
pretty much agree with everyone here, you guys who go out of your way to grab info from all over and get it posted here... all you guys do top notch work, there isnt a day that goes by were I dont hit this site, Im hooked.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Animations/worshippy.gif

Blitz Dorsey
06-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I gotta say this board is great. Especially when the Reds fall out of the race by May every year ;-)

VR
06-26-2008, 10:40 PM
As I flipped to this page tonight, I was thinking how glad I was to have OBM, Doug and others provide such great updates. Voila! (not pedro) there's a thank you thread!

thanks to all, it is something I enjoy greatly:beerme:

OnBaseMachine
06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Bunch of butt kissers. :mooner:

Just joking of course. :D Thank you guys for the kind words.

Kingspoint
06-27-2008, 03:16 AM
Hear! Hear!

camisadelgolf
06-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks, guys. This thread was appropriate last year, and it's even more appropriate this year. Good job!

cumberlandreds
06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks to those who keep the rest of us updated on the young kids. They keep our hope alive that some of these kids will bring glory back to the Reds someday.:thumbup:

Luvsbaseball
06-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I want to say Thanks also, You guys are GREAT!!!!!!!!:beerme:

Grande Donkey
06-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has been mentioned as well. I'd also like to thank Doc Scott for his Weekly Organizational Roundups. I really enjoy reading those.

mth123
06-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks to all. The minor league forum is the best part of of Redszone.

Sea Ray
06-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Yes, this is a great thread. As the major league Reds sink further, I find myself checking this site more. I guess I need a pick me up from all the depressing realities of the team in Cincinnati. Unfortunately that means I've been reading this forum more and more. In a perfect world I'd cheer on my contending major league team and then welcome these prospects in Cincinnati as they're called up like a kid opening his Christmas presents. As a sign of the times, I've gotten to know these kids long before they arrive in Cincinnati.

AmarilloRed
06-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I find myself spending an increasing amount of time in the Minor League Updates. These kids are the Reds future, and I hope they will turn out to be quality major leaguers in Cincinnati someday.