PDA

View Full Version : Attending Reds Minor League Affiliate Games

Cyclone792
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Check all that apply in the poll.

I figured this would be a bit interesting to see who is able to attend (or has attended) any Reds minor league affiliate games, either at their home stadium or on the road. I figure Dayton Dragons home games will run away with the vast majority of attendance, but I figure there's quite a few folks around here who have seen some of the other teams in person at one time or another.

bounty37h
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I voted seeing the Lookouts and Bats on the road, as I live in NC, and thse 2 treams both play at stadiums in towns near me. I have also caught a Sarasota Reds game once through extended spring training. Dayton and Billings play no where near me, but if they ever did, I would most def check them out.

OnBaseMachine
07-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately the last time I saw a Reds minor league affiliate play was when the Reds single-A team was in Charleston. The Charleston Alley Cats. I was very young at the time but I can remember watching Jason LaRue and Buddy Carlyle. Stephen Larkin also played down and I got his autograph and told him how much I loved his brother. :D

One of these days I'd like to go see a Dayton game.

Cyclone792
07-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately the last time I saw a Reds minor league affiliate play was when the Reds single-A team was in Charleston. The Charleston Alley Cats. I was very young at the time but I can remember watching Jason LaRue and Buddy Carlyle. Stephen Larkin also played down and I got his autograph and told him how much I loved his brother. :D

Fifth Third Field is a stunningly beautiful ballpark, and I'd definitely recommend getting up there sometime.

I'd like to get up to Billings for a game at some point.

Luvsbaseball
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
In 2005, I got to go to see the Gulf Coast Reds play at home and also some away games with e GCL Red Sox, Pirates, Twins.
Also, in 2005 went to see the Billings Mustangs at home then went to an away game to see them play Helena Brewers.

2006-Dayton Dragons at home, then went to away game with the Peoria Chief.

2007-Went to See Sarasota Reds play at home then went to away games with Lakeland Tigers, and Ft. Myers Miracles.

2008- Chattanooga Lookouts at home, then went to away games with Tennesse Smokies, and West Tenn Diamond Jaxx. And going this weekend to see the Lookouts play the Mississippi Braves.

Out of all the ball parks I think that Dayton was the Best. Lakeland Tigers also have an awesome ballpark. Billings, MT was really fun to go to also.

KittyDuran
07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Been to Dragons home games.. too many to mention! :)
3 Louisville home games.
2 Chattanooga home games and 2 away games vs Smokies (Seiverville).

kheidg-
07-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Only been to see Billings play, once on the road - once at home.

carmack42
07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Living in Huntsville, I really enjoy going to Lookouts games when they're in town. I might be the only one in the area with a Reds jersey, but whatever.

I watch a bunch of the squad games behind Ed Smith during Spring Training. Those are a lot of fun.

gedred69
07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Have been to many Dragons games, (as predicted) used to own part of a season ticket package. As a person who loves to travel when I can afford it, My number 1 destination would be Billings, even though I coulld see Fla. teams on the road in Ft. Myers by staying with family, or for that matter drive 90 mins. to Sarasota.

Mario-Rijo
07-04-2008, 02:35 AM
In 2005, I got to go to see the Gulf Coast Reds play at home and also some away games with e GCL Red Sox, Pirates, Twins.
Also, in 2005 went to see the Billings Mustangs at home then went to an away game to see them play Helena Brewers.

2006-Dayton Dragons at home, then went to away game with the Peoria Chief.

2007-Went to See Sarasota Reds play at home then went to away games with Lakeland Tigers, and Ft. Myers Miracles.

2008- Chattanooga Lookouts at home, then went to away games with Tennesse Smokies, and West Tenn Diamond Jaxx. And going this weekend to see the Lookouts play the Mississippi Braves.

Out of all the ball parks I think that Dayton was the Best. Lakeland Tigers also have an awesome ballpark. Billings, MT was really fun to go to also.

Someone does Luvbaseball! ;)

1 Sara Reds (Home)
Several Dayton home games. And yes 5th/3rd is sweet.

AccordinglyReds
07-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I go to roughly 10-15 Bats games per season since I live about 10 minutes away from the stadium. :)

Degenerate39
07-04-2008, 09:24 PM

I went to one Alley Cats game probably 10 years ago if I had to guess. Have you seen the West Virginia Power play? That park is really nice I went there to see the state baseball tournament.

KittyDuran
07-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey, D... you need to change your line under your name... (it's 604 now). :)

cincyinco
07-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Weren't the Denver zephyrs a reds affiliate at one point in time? I remember meeting Barry larkin as a young child, but don't know if he was on the team or in town as the visitor.

Degenerate39
07-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey, D... you need to change your line under your name... (it's 604 now). :)

Nice heads up. I didn't see the game yesterday so I forgot about it.

Reds Fanatic
07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I share Dragons season tickets with some co-workers so I see at least 15 Dragons games a year.

Blitz Dorsey
07-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I share Dragons season tickets with some co-workers so I see at least 15 Dragons games a year.

In other words, you guys like your beer and minor league baseball.

Blitz Dorsey
07-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Weren't the Denver zephyrs a reds affiliate at one point in time? I remember meeting Barry larkin as a young child, but don't know if he was on the team or in town as the visitor.

Yes, Denver was the Reds' AAA affiliate at one time.

cincyinco
07-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Thought so, this would have been about 20 years ago, maybe more. So I wasn't sure if my memory was playing tricks on me. Thanks blitz!