PDA

View Full Version : REDS are Winning right now!

Kingspoint
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
There's your ultimate optimistic thread title.

Bring your brooms tomorrow.

Currently in 4th place and looking for third.

Jefferson24
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Let us not forget who the Reds are playing. That said, I love the wins and will take them any way we get them, against whoever.

07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
The Reds are 5-2 in the second half of the season!! More reason to be optimistic!!!

:redszone:

RedsFanInBama
07-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Let us not forget who the Reds are playing. That said, I love the wins and will take them any way we get them, against whoever.

The Reds to this point in the season have played better against teams with winning records than they have teams with losing records. So that considered, I'm pumped about the past three games.

Kingspoint
07-05-2008, 11:57 PM
For most of the season they've played teams with "better" records.

So, with that in mind, all wins are good wins.

5-2? It's the Jerry Hairston, Jr. factor. That's what a difference a good leadoff hitter makes versus an inept leadoff hitter.

HeatherC1212
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
The Reds to this point in the season have played better against teams with winning records than they have teams with losing records. So that considered, I'm pumped about the past three games.

I was just thinking the same thing, LOL :laugh: It's about time they start beating the teams that they should be beating and if you add this new concept to the fact that they do well and somehow beat the teams who should be beating them, then we could see a really fun second half of the season. I'm having fun watching the young guys anyway but if you throw a few more wins into it, then that's just fantastic. BTW-That Jay Bruce catch in CF was the #1 web gem on Baseball Tonight earlier this evening! :beerme:

superred
07-06-2008, 12:32 AM
so far this year hairston has been the most consistent offensive player imo

ChatterRed
07-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Imagine this team without the Corey Patterson experiment.

Kingspoint
07-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Imagine this team without the Corey Patterson experiment.

The only thing to talk about on REDSZONE would be "when are the playoff tickets going on sale", and who can we trade "for" to push us over the top.

Dunn would stay with the team to the bitter end and we'd get 2 1st Round picks for him in next season's draft. (If Jockety doesn't get a better offer in the next 3 weeks, then that's what we will get for Dunn.) The Brewers are going to lose some key players possibly and they could have 5 1st Round picks next draft.

Kingspoint
07-06-2008, 02:32 PM
And Dunn's 3-run shot ties it up.

So far this season, Dunn's OPS is absolutely identical to his career OPS number.

By the end of the season I expect his OPS to be the best he's ever had. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up with an OPS of .950 from July through October.

FlyingPig
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
If only they could beat the Dodgers and Pirates..

bw87a
07-06-2008, 08:07 PM

i was gonna say the same thing. definitely play to the competition.

Lockdwn11
07-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Lets hope they can keep it going the last time I heard they where 8 game out of the wild card with 1/2 the season left. It can be done.

reds1869
07-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Lets hope they can keep it going the last time I heard they where 8 game out of the wild card with 1/2 the season left. It can be done.

Exactly! Though my wife laughed at me when I said that and said she could tell I wasn't raised in Cincinnati.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-06-2008, 11:45 PM
I really hope we turn this ship around and make some noise the 2nd half of the season. That would make for a GREAT fall!