PDA

View Full Version : Dunn hasn't been made availible yet

redhawk61
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
From Baseball Prospectus: www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=935

Adam Dunn hasnít yet been made available, though most teams think he could be had for the right offer. The problem is that no one seems to agree on what the right offer is. One FOT tells me that the Reds want well more than the draft pick compensation, looking for a ďtop guy.Ē Dunn would be a great fit in Arizona, but no one seems to think thatís going to happen.

07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for link.

However, never, I mean never, trust any inside info from Baseball Prospectus. They are not reporters and have about as much access to front offices as you and I do.

Anyway, the story contradicts itself. If Dunn has not been made available, then how does anyone know what the Reds are asking for him? It sounds like the Reds have made Dunn available, but are asking for more than what the other teams are offering, which is what everyone else has been reporting for weeks.

redhawk61
07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Walt needs to take a Billy Beane approach to this. Get rid of what seems like, at least to some with Dunn, an important part of this team and turn it inot a package of role players that can help right away. Don't worry about not getting a superstar potential, just guys who will come in and be true team players and give you solid production.