PDA

View Full Version : The Civilization: Revolution video game thread

AmarilloRed
07-10-2008, 01:54 AM
I have always been a big fan of the Civilization games, and I was simply thrilled this came out on the PS3. I reserved my copy at Gamestop, and picked it up today. I poured quite a few hours in the Civilization 2 game for the PS1, and hope this will be just as good if not better. I will let you all know how I am doing in the game, and hope there are others who also are fans of the Civilization series.

Highlifeman21
07-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Definitely interested to see what you think.

I've been a huge fan of all of Sid Meier's games during the years.

reds1869
07-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I play Civ IV on my Mac all the time and am totally addicted; let me know what you think, as I'm thinking of picking this up for PS3.

AmarilloRed
07-13-2008, 01:42 AM
I just finished my first game on Civilization 3. I started out on Chieftain level so I could get used to how this game works. There are 4 ways to win the game: Domination-achieve a military victory, Cultural- Collect 20 members of what are called Great People for your Civ and build the United Nations, Technological- send a spaceship to Alpha Centauri, and Economic-collect 20000 gold and build a World Bank. You can easily lose multiple hours if not days playing this game, and it has considerable replay value. I won the first game by achieving a Economic victory. You can also upgrade your military units and give them additional abilities.

RedsManRick
07-13-2008, 03:23 AM
I've played the demo extensively for PS3 and expect my pre-order to arrive on Monday.

It's basically Civ for people who want to play a game in 3 hours or less. The hard core Civ fanatics will no doubt be bored and a bit underwhelmed, but as a platform game, it succeeds quite well.

jmcclain19
07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I played the heck out of the demo on Xbox Live - and will be picking up the game this week along with NCAA Football.

I agree with RMR - it's a thinned out version of the PC version, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.