Angels
braves
twins
tigers
rays
cubs
A's
red sox

Any other teams you think might be interested?

VI_RedsFan
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Where exactly are you getting the info that those three teams are strongly interested in Dunn?

dunner13
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
sorry for not explaining more, im just completely speculating from what I have heard. I was just trying to build a list of teams that dunn might get traded to and figured that everyone might have some input on who would be interested, and strongly interested. That was just my guess on how to start the list.

ChatterRed
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I thought I was going to open this thread and find a blank screen.

But seriously, I'm surprised that any NL team would want him. Dunn needs to become a full-time DH.

Ghosts of 1990
07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
sorry for not explaining more, im just completely speculating from what I have heard. I was just trying to build a list of teams that dunn might get traded to and figured that everyone might have some input on who would be interested, and strongly interested. That was just my guess on how to start the list.

where did you hear it?

Rob387
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
i can't imagine the braves would be on any list involving dunn

VI_RedsFan
07-11-2008, 11:46 AM

No big deal I was just making sure I didn't miss anything. I'm sure interest in Dunn will start to come as the deadline approaches. Who wouldn't want 24 homers, 54 RBIs, and a .900 OPS? And if no one wants him, then fine, DON'T TRADE HIM. If you get a good offer from him, then by all means take it, but Dunner is a very productive player for us and we cannot just give him away.

dunner13
07-11-2008, 11:50 AM
where did you hear it?

no credible sources if thats what your looking for. Didn't mean for the thread to be a credible rumor source, just was curious what teams everyone thought would be interested in dunn.

bgwilly31
07-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Saw an interesting stat this morning on SC.

most HR's since MAY 04.

Manny
a couple other guys
ryan howard
Adam DUNN

We need to rid ourselves of griffey first.

I believe getting rid of dunn first will be a mistake.

44Magnum
07-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't think there's much interest out there for Dunn. That's why he is still a Red.

You have some serious flaws in your game when you are 3rd in the league in HR's (nearing the All-Star break) at age 28 and nobody is showing a strong interest in you even though you are on the trading block!

Ghosts of 1990
07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=44Magnum;1690543]I don't think there's much interest out there for Dunn. That's why he is still a Red.
[QUOTE]

I just think we're asking alot more for dunn than teams are willing to pay. Which in a way is good.

pitcher7
07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't it be great if after all these years of speculating, that dunn signs a long-term extension.

Talk about ironic

Brutus
07-11-2008, 12:44 PM
There's been no fewer than three or four published reports in the last 3-4 weeks at various newspapers stating there's little interest for Adam Dunn. At this point, I have to conclude that there's little interest for Adam Dunn - we're not just talking about one or two beat writers saying it, we're talking about at least 3-4.

Face it, Dunn doesn't have the value that Reds fans assume he does. Does he have value? Yes. But not as much as folks would like to believe.

44Magnum
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I just think we're asking alot more for dunn than teams are willing to pay. Which in a way is good.Not if we get stuck with Dunn.

redsfanmia
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Not if we get stuck with Dunn.

Will the Reds offer Dunn arbitration if we get stuck with him? I wonder if they wont in fear that he will accept?

DannyB
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Wouldn't it be great if after all these years of speculating, that dunn signs a long-term extension.

Talk about ironic

Redszone will crash

NastyBoy
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Will the Reds offer Dunn arbitration if we get stuck with him? I wonder if they wont in fear that he will accept?

I would think he could get something in the 18-20 mil range on the open market... something I doubt the reds would do for one year. A mulit-year deal where he would have make a concession for lower yearly salary in exchange for overall value of the contract is the only way we would see Adam in a reds uniform next season.

redsfanmia
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I would think he could get something in the 18-20 mil range on the open market... something I doubt the reds would do for one year. A mulit-year deal where he would have make a concession for lower yearly salary in exchange for overall value of the contract is the only way we would see Adam in a reds uniform next season.

I just cant see Dunn getting 18 to 20 million, but if he can lets just hope and pray its not the Reds paying it.

reds1869
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I just cant see Dunn getting 18 to 20 million, but if he can lets just hope and pray its not the Reds paying it.

This year he makes 13 million, so it's not unreasonable that a free agent bidding war involving the Yankees starts and his salary is driven up astronomically. Pay is not always equal to performance. There are deep pocketed teams that will pay a premium for a lefty power bat, regardless of the massive holes in his game. That said, I think he will probably make around 15 million next season, regardless of where he is.

07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I would have no problem with dunn for one year at around $15-16M, which is what I think he will get in arbritration. Remember arbritors are not baseball fans, so they can only compare numbers and his ba will lower his value, even if unfairly.
I am just afraid to lock up that much money for four to six years, when he gets older and loses his skills.

redsfanmia
07-11-2008, 05:31 PM
This year he makes 13 million, so it's not unreasonable that a free agent bidding war involving the Yankees starts and his salary is driven up astronomically. Pay is not always equal to performance. There are deep pocketed teams that will pay a premium for a lefty power bat, regardless of the massive holes in his game. That said, I think he will probably make around 15 million next season, regardless of where he is.

If no team has interest in trading for him for a pro-rated 13 million dollar price for the rest of the year then why would teams get into a "bidding war" for his services?

All I am saying is let some other team pay Dunn. I just wonder if the Reds will offer him arbitration fearing that he may take it.

reds1869
07-12-2008, 02:56 PM
If no team has interest in trading for him for a pro-rated 13 million dollar price for the rest of the year then why would teams get into a "bidding war" for his services?

There are teams who would be willing to take on his salary, but would not be willing to take on his salary and give up talent in a trade. Why trade for him when you can just wait for him to come onto the open market and buy him?

BEETTLEBUG
07-12-2008, 03:30 PM
True.

07-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I think Dunn's contract and inconsistency is what is driving down his value on the trade market.

First, remember he can only be traded to 10 teams without his "approval". That means any team off that list must extend his contract when they trade for him. I am sure that is scaring off a lot of teams not on the list. I think most teams only really want him as a rental.

But that causes problems too, because he is so inconsistent. It is like the Phillies trading for Kyle Lohse last year. He did well at times for the Phils, but did horrible in games that mattered. Dunn is one of the streakiest hitters in the game, and he tends to have his worst months at the end of the season. If you are getting him for just the last two months of the season, you don't want to give up much because you don't know which Dunn will show up in crunch time, when you need him.

Handofdeath
07-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't think there's much interest out there for Dunn. That's why he is still a Red.

You have some serious flaws in your game when you are 3rd in the league in HR's (nearing the All-Star break) at age 28 and nobody is showing a strong interest in you even though you are on the trading block!

It should also be pointed out J.P. Riccardi didn't get in trouble for lying about Adam Dunn. He got in trouble because he committed a major, major Front
Office faux pas by discussing a player in those terms in and with the public.

ChatterRed
07-12-2008, 03:52 PM

All I am saying is let some other team pay Dunn. I just wonder if the Reds will offer him arbitration fearing that he may take it.

You couldn't be any more correct sir.

Why pay a .220, 40 HR guy, bad fielding outfielder $18 million per year when we could have Mark Teixeira (28 years old - Career .284 average, has averaged 34 HR's per year in his first 5 seasons, is a right handed power bat - which we need), install him at 1B, move Votto to LF (couldn't be worse than Dunn)...............and probably pay Teixeira about $20 million per year. Hmmmm.

The point is, there are far better options than Dunn. Which would you rather have? Texeira for a few million more or Dunn?

It's a no-brainer. :thumbup:

ChatterRed
07-12-2008, 03:54 PM
There are teams who would be willing to take on his salary, but would not be willing to take on his salary and give up talent in a trade. Why trade for him when you can just wait for him to come onto the open market and buy him?

I think Dunn and his agent are going to be surprised at the lack of interested teams.

reds1869
07-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I think Dunn and his agent are going to be surprised at the lack of interested teams.

Perhaps. I do suspect every interested team will be in the AL.