PDA

View Full Version : Nationals' GM Jim Bowden under fire

Brutus
07-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Former Reds' General Manager Jim Bowden is reportedly the source of a major ongoing Major League Baseball investigation, alleging he and several other high-ranking team officials in various organization took part in a bonus-skimming scheme of Dominican prospects.

This is according to ESPN...

Sources: Nats GM under investigation (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3483972)

The report also says former Reds' ace and Nationals' special assistant Jose Rijo is being looked at in the scandal.

mroby85
07-12-2008, 01:33 AM
thats a real shock, i can't imagine Jim Bowden doing something crooked :rolleyes:

gedred69
07-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Former Reds' General Manager Jim Bowden is reportedly the source of a major ongoing Major League Baseball investigation, alleging he and several other high-ranking team officials in various organization took part in a bonus-skimming scheme of Dominican prospects.

This is according to ESPN...

Sources: Nats GM under investigation (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3483972)

The report also says former Reds' ace and Nationals' special assistant Jose Rijo is being looked at in the scandal.

Anybody associated with leather pants has put themselves in the "un-elite" company of scum. My ex used to do beautification services for him and his family. (They were a pain in the a**). No wonder to me of the fact he is under investigation. Elitists usually over-step, and Thank God they sometimes get caught:D:D:D This ought to teach Larkin and Rijo to associate with so much garbage!

Brutus
07-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Anybody associated with leather pants has put themselves in the "un-elite" company of scum. My ex used to do beautification services for him and his family. (They were a pain in the a**). No wonder to me of the fact he is under investigation. Elitists usually over-step, and Thank God they sometimes get caught:D:D:D This ought to teach Larkin and Rijo to associate with so much garbage!

Granted, I'm not going to refute that he has a slimy perception, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty, as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I suppose it wouldn't shock me if it turns out he had a hand in this.