PDA

View Full Version : Lets celebrate a win! (with some lucky breaks;-)

bgwilly31
07-12-2008, 12:07 PM
What a great win last night.

Big time win for us if we want any kind of hope of winning or sweeping this series. With volquez on the mound tonight we've got a great chance of taking the first two and winning 3 in a row against two of the top teams in NL.

Now lets talk some breaks.

1.) mike cameron error in outfield
2.) bill hall throwing error
3.) jj Hardy Homerun down the line (foul)
4.) Last strike of the game.

Now before everyone goes crazy about the last strike, that was close! It could have gone either way. But we deserved that call and more. The homeplate ump was homering us all night.

But what a great game and a great win to watch last night. Lets hope for the same tonight except not so close!:beerme:

Who was thinking the game was over after the brewers jumped out 5-2?

Oh and how could i forget the biggest improvement in the reds gameplay of all.

We actually MANUFACTURED RUNS last night.
Scored 6 runs with no homeruns.
Watching homeruns is overrated.

Lockdwn11
07-12-2008, 12:53 PM
The Reds did get some breaks last night but they had some bad one go the other way like Votto hitting that ball right on the screws but right at Cameron. I think I saw Jay hit three just like it. As far as the last strike in the game it looked alot like the call 3rd strike on BP. I was a little worried when the Reds went down 5-2 but I knew they was still in it because the Brewers bullpen is so bad. Either way it was a good win lets hope we get another one to night

ChatterRed
07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I loved seeing CoCo shut down his old team. Has to hurt deep for them, when that happens.

bgwilly31
07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
The Reds did get some breaks last night but they had some bad one go the other way like Votto hitting that ball right on the screws but right at Cameron. I think I saw Jay hit three just like it. As far as the last strike in the game it looked alot like the call 3rd strike on BP. I was a little worried when the Reds went down 5-2 but I knew they was still in it because the Brewers bullpen is so bad. Either way it was a good win lets hope we get another one to night

good point.

How about the Corey Hart check swing double. :bang:

HeatherC1212
07-12-2008, 05:26 PM
That Hart hit was such a lucky break for the Brewers! I thought the game was over after that happened along with the Brew Crew going up by three runs. The Reds did get a few lucky breaks later on but they wouldn't have mattered too much if Joey and Bruce hadn't gotten on base for Hairston to hit that ball that Cameron missed in the OF which scored us some runs. This was a crazy game to watch last night but I was thrilled with how it ended! I feel better about our chances to win two out of three from the Brewers and I'll be THRILLED if we can end this road trip 3-3 and head into the All Star break not too far behind everyone else. :)

bgwilly31
07-12-2008, 05:37 PM
That Hart hit was such a lucky break for the Brewers! I thought the game was over after that happened along with the Brew Crew going up by three runs. The Reds did get a few lucky breaks later on but they wouldn't have mattered too much if Joey and Bruce hadn't gotten on base for Hairston to hit that ball that Cameron missed in the OF which scored us some runs. This was a crazy game to watch last night but I was thrilled with how it ended! I feel better about our chances to win two out of three from the Brewers and I'll be THRILLED if we can end this road trip 3-3 and head into the All Star break not too far behind everyone else. :)

3-3.

were going 4-2. I have a good feeling about a sweep.

HeatherC1212
07-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I think going 4-2 would be fantastic but I'll take 3-3 if that's what happens this weekend, LOL :laugh: