PDA

View Full Version : Ted Lillys foul ball fractures boys skull

NeilHamburger
07-12-2008, 04:03 PM
If you remember during Thursdays game Ted Lilly fouled off a ball thrown from Bronson. Unfortunately it struck a kid in the head, fracturing his skull. At first they weren't sure wether the child would live, but some good news today. I couldn't imagine what it would've been like to know a foul I hit killed a 7-year-old, I'm sure Lilly is feeling a little better today knowing the kid is getting better.

CHICAGO - Doctors and family members say a 7-year-old boy who fractured his skull when he was struck by a foul ball at Wrigley Field was recovering and expected to live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Dominic DiAngi of suburban Frankfort was sitting behind the Cubs dugout Thursday afternoon during a game between the Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds when a foul ball off the bat of Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly struck him in the head.

On Friday, the boy was in serious condition. Children's Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Julie Pesch says the boy regained consciousness on Friday and doctors said he was steadily improving throughout the day.

The game was the first major league game the boy had ever attended.

Fullboat
07-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Wow!! Glad he'll be okay.I wonder if that is why they pulled Lillly from the game?If I was him
and saw what happened there is no way my head would be in the game.

NarrowStairs
07-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Nice job, Lilly, you jerk.

jhiller21
07-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Glad to hear the kid is gonna be alright.

Countless times I've seen people sitting at field level with a baby or young kid, and always thought about how dangerous it would be if a foul ball was hit their way.

Hire a babysitter or sit in the cheap seats if you're bringing really young kids to the ballpark. Most of the time they're too young to follow the game, and would appreciate the extra ice cream and junk food you could afford by purchasing cheaper tickets.

NarrowStairs
07-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Glad to hear the kid is gonna be alright.

Countless times I've seen people sitting at field level with a baby or young kid, and always thought about how dangerous it would be if a foul ball was hit their way.

Hire a babysitter or sit in the cheap seats if you're bringing really young kids to the ballpark. Most of the time they're too young to follow the game, and would appreciate the extra ice cream and junk food you could afford by purchasing cheaper tickets.

Uhhh... that is what the adult is for. A shield.

RedsFanInMobile
07-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice job, Lilly, you jerk.

Seems a little harsh to call Lilly a jerk. He didn't intentionally hit the child. And, it sounds like the Cubs are trying to do what they can to help the young boy feel better.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080518&content_id=2723868&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Fullboat
07-13-2008, 11:39 AM
if I had a 7 year old in the stands that close I would have him wearing a helmet with ear flaps.

Jack Burton
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I know he's a pitcher but Lilly has the worst swing in the majors. If a fairy was to grab a bat and take a swing I doubt it would be worse than Ted's. All I'm saying is that it's an effiminate attempt.