Adam Dunn lf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Andy Phillips 1b

Corey Patterson cf

David Ross c

Homer Bailey p

v. LH CC Sabathia

"This is a big game," Dusty Baker said. "It's the difference between coming out of the break two under or four under. It's a challenge with CC."

Patterson is 2-for-5 vs. Sabathia. "I figured if we win it would be a low-scoring game," Baker said. "I want that good defense in there."

Ghosts of 1990
07-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Patterson over Bruce. It never ends.

Orodle
07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
"This is a big game," Dusty Baker said. "It's the difference between coming out of the break two under or four under. It's a challenge with CC."

and in this big game Dusty would rather have Patterson playing over Bruce? WTF

NorrisHopper30
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm going to save my complaining till after the game. All this negativity is crazy before the game has even been played.

CWRed
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
He's 2-5 against CC? Oh that's a good reason to play him. Dusty logic. Just like when he said CPatt hits better against lefties. It hurts me.

07-13-2008, 03:53 PM
He's 2-5 against CC? Oh that's a good reason to play him. Dusty logic. Just like when he said CPatt hits better against lefties. It hurts me.

Dusty never said anything about the 2-5, that was from Fay. Dusty's reason was that he was putting the Reds best defense out on the field, since he thought it would be a low scoring game. That might not be the right call, but it is very logical.

dthomas24
07-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Patterson leading off the 9th in a tie game against one of the best pitchers in the game. HOW ABOUT A DRAG BUNT ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like he's setting the world on fire with his bat!:thumbdown

Shawn_RedsFan
07-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Patterson leading off the 9th in a tie game against one of the best pitchers in the game. HOW ABOUT A DRAG BUNT ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like he's setting the world on fire with his bat!:thumbdown

We shouldn't even be in a tie game right now because I think Dusty made a mistake taking Homer out and bringing in Bray to face Fielder, then after the walk he made another mistakeby letting bray face Kapler. We should still be winning 2-1.

Mutaman
07-13-2008, 05:04 PM
We shouldn't even be in a tie game right now because I think Dusty made a mistake taking Homer out and bringing in Bray to face Fielder, then after the walk he made another mistakeby letting bray face Kapler. We should still be winning 2-1.

Hindsight of course is always 20-20. Doesn't the technology exist to ban second guessing around here?